Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After GW2, what are other AAA MMORPGs to look forward to?

Comments

• mmo-icemmo-ice Member Posts: 43
    I know its prob already been said but i believe Defiance will be a big hit. Also of course PlanetSide 2 which should be going into Beta today. Also there is End Of Nations its looks like a really good competitive MMORTS.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    As for me..  ArchAge.. Titan.. and Defiance.. 
  • DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574
    I would say Elder Scrolls would be a good major title to anticipate, but I can't guarantee it's worth the wait. Wildstar and FireFall both look interesting, but I wouldn't count them as AAA per se. 
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Humphrie

First, thanks... and that goes to everyone who replied.

Second, does Undead Labs have an entry on this website? If so, I'm not seeing it.

*Edit* Wow, WoD looks very, very cool. Pity the resources are being funneled elsewhere. I've personally thought for years that Dust looked like an epic flop in the making. Here's hoping its pending failure doesn't kill WoD in the process.

No, for some reasons aren´t the forum for Class 4 up yet. Here is it´s home page though: http://undeadlabs.com/

The reason it is the top of my list is because of the very experienced team together with a good budget. Heck, they have a team that any MMO company must be jealous of.

However will they first release Class 3 for PC and Xbox,, it is not a MMO but a regular multiplayer zombie game.

And WoDO seems really nice... They show a little here http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/09/22/this-week-in-mmo-rated-m-for-mature-edition/. :)

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    Only other one I'm looking forward to, besides GW2, is Planetside 2.
  • imaginaimagina Member Posts: 104

Archeage

The elder scrolls online

Wildstar

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230

Otherland

Wildstar

CABAL2

ArchAge

• L3nnyGpL3nnyGp Member UncommonPosts: 153

After GW2 lets see..

I'll be keeping an eye on:

AA, PS2, Defiance, MWO, EIN, EoC, NW.. even the new updated version of FFXIV, rebuilt from the ground up. That is to come soon.     HERE   

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Repopulation and TESO.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

after GW2 comes out i won't realy be "waiting" for anything rly......i do look forward to get more info on Titan from Blizzard but i am not getting my hopes up too much for an FPSMMO (yeah that's what i think Titan will be, nothing confermed but mark my words....it will be a shooter)

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

So far from what i've seen only Archeage and The Repopulation interest me.  

TESO may or may not be great. i'm not going to judge it until i know more about it.  Pretty tired of the neverending themepark treadmill though myself so i'm not going to list it as one i'm looking forward to playing.  

still excited for GW2 though, it is at least a fresh and fun take on the themepark model.  i'm not all doom and gloom!

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

If GW2 doesn't work out (and it'd likely be more a content thing than gameplay) I'll probably head back to Rift.  Trion's done a fantastic job with it.

Personally I don't have my eye on the horizon too much with MMORPGs.  I suppose this is because I feel someone can either

1. Be satisfied with existing games in which case there isn't a need to anticipate future MMORPGs, OR
    2. Be dissatisfied, in which case there isn't a need to anticipate future MMORPGs.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449
    Just ArchAge really. I think I've outgrown MMOs though. The only MMO I find myself enjoying is EVE.
  • AriannaeAriannae Member UncommonPosts: 40

Wait for the Skyrim Construction Set/General Modding bugs to be fixed up and then look forward to a heavily modded Skyrim. There's not that many games in the pipeline outside of things that are essentially vaporware at this point. Or if not vaporware, nothing new.

TESO remains to be seen as either complete trash on Zenimax's part, or a complete masterpiece a la the Elder Scrolls-genre-gone-MMO. But I'm not holding my breath when it comes to Zenimax; -Maybe- if it were Bethesda. But that's not the case here.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Blizzard's Titan mmorpg. I wonder how much they will take from GW2 and what IP they are using.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Archage = Eve in fantasy setting, or close to with sov system :) !

PS2 is also looking very brutal, who doesnt like massive war battles between thousands of players ? !

And GW2 offcourse wich comes out this month.

Cant name another tittle that got my attention, ive seen to many failures last years and to many games hyped up and be a total disaster.

Titan steeling GW2 players -_- ?

I bet Titan will be a FPS mmo like PS2 if rumors are true, and looking at the failures blizzard is kicking out the door i dont think you may assume Titan will be special, let alone be better then GW2 or PS2.

D3 massive disapointment

MoP massive disapointment

WoW lost 1.1 mill players in 1 quarter already and Q3 will be even harder for them as the Anual Pass runs out and GW2 releases.

Nah i lost my faith in Actiblizzard long time ago, they lost their momentum after WoW Wrath of the Lichking.

But time will tell tough ;)

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Hmmm... well:

Archeage = steampunky sandbox MMO

Planetside 2 = futuristic war-based MMOFPS

Repopulation = sci-fi sandbox MMO (not so much a AAA mmo, more of an indie dev)

Dust 514 = sci-fi MMOFPS

Firefall = sci-fi MMOFPS (not unlike global agenda, except you fight aliens)

Wildstar = MMOFPS (again fighting aliens)

Those are the main ones coming out within the next ~year-ish. Not sure what you're looking for, but the majority of the next batch of MMOs seem to be FPS based. There are a few more standard ones (like Archeage) that you can keep an eye on.

There's also some like Blade & Soul, but they are fairly fantasy oriented, and tbh I'm not sure how good they're actually going to be. They look like more of the same, with a few gimmicky features added into the mix.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Planetside 2, because it's nice to have a (hopefully) competent MMOFPS out on the market again.

And then, the only other MMO I am currently hoping for is one no one knows when and if will come out - World of Darkness Online. It may be 3 or more years before that gets released however so trying to not think too much about it at this stage. 

World of Darkness yes ! but who knows when that dark diamond comes out :(

I realy hope they can pull it off with that one, one can only hope the mmo market matures and invest in quality instead of copy paste failures we all seen these days.

• HumphrieHumphrie Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Mothanos

World of Darkness yes ! but who knows when that dark diamond comes out :(

I realy hope they can pull it off with that one, one can only hope the mmo market matures and invest in quality instead of copy paste failures we all seen these days.

Plus, who doesn't love vampires? Well, provided they don't sparkle, that is.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679
    Originally posted by oubers

after GW2 comes out i won't realy be "waiting" for anything rly......i do look forward to get more info on Titan from Blizzard but i am not getting my hopes up too much for an FPSMMO (yeah that's what i think Titan will be, nothing confermed but mark my words....it will be a shooter)

Sorta Confirmed to a MMORPG Link Also, they can't have direct competiton with Wow since it's considered to be a high-fantasy MMORPG. Odds are (speculation) and some very limited information from jeff kaplan that it will be sci-fi and the best we can derive from all the statements it will be a steampunk/post apoc MMORPG. Also,heavy emphasis on being made for casuals, indicates hardcore raiding will NOT be the primary focus.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    I'm just looking forward to Archeage, PSO2, and Blade & Soul. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    I will try planetside 2 but I fully expect SOE to screw it up some how. But after that I just have no interest in playing any mmo that has a hard trinity, not after playing GW2
  • ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    Blizzard's Titan mmorpg. I wonder how much they will take from GW2 and what IP they are using.

There is no such thing as taking away GW2 players, people can play any other game without quitting gw2, thanks to B2P.

On the other hand, i am done with Blizzard. They failed their fans so many times. I am sick of them seeing us as Bloog bags.

To OP; I suggest you take a look at WildStar, it looks cool.