Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Houses !

KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

In CB5 there will be more variety in housing. Instead of just the basic house now one can choose to build different kinds of houses.

Here are pics of the new houses you can build:

Special thanks to CyclopsSlayer !

Posted on the Russian site

http://forums.goha.ru/showthread_0_0_t786944

Comments

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Can houses be placed anywhere like UO and SWG?
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Very cool! I can't wait for this game to hit the NA. Guild Wars 2 is just a distraction for me until then (still a fairly good distraction).

Smile

• RheanonRheanon Member UncommonPosts: 130
    They look awesome but there is absolutely NO INFO on when the NA release will be if ever :(
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by jusomdude

Basically, yes they can (I am fairly sure). Not anywhere though because you have to be near trees to make the house. Otherwise making a house where there are no trees would require you to carry suuplies from a ridiculous distamce (I think that's how it works).

Smile

• zanebergeronzanebergeron Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Nice!

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|
    PLAYED UO:SWG:EQ2:GW:WoW:CoH:Lotro:AoC:Vanguard:Horizons:RIFT:swtor:Shadowbane and I'm sure a few others
    WATCHING:EQ Next : Wildstar:Archage :WoD
    WISHING FOR: A UO Remake
    HAPPILY PLAYING ONLINE SINCE 97.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Let's hope the devs have learned from the mistakes made from UO.

Unless we want people to build a house blocking the enterance to a dungeon............

Is that what you would do if you were a dev?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    The first one is for poor volks and not for me baby. My mama will buy me the last one  and some nice new bmw mount
  • imaginaimagina Member Posts: 104

Will play guild wars 2 for a year or two before this baby come out, nice to see they added so much diversity on houses available now !

Having that much interactivity with the landscape / world in a game is something many mmo lack today (except mortal online i guess)

How come the games from 1990 / 2000 were much more "interactive" and complex than most games today ? games like Archeage 2 or minecraft are so rare, i like the kind of games that kind of "tickle" your brain with the incredible number of possibilities in it, games need worlds / map / areas you can basically own and "terraform" with your guild, would it be building houses or underground caves / facilities where you build and stock weapons, armor, siege weapons, supplies like potion / buff food.

Pvp is nice but it's far from enough to keep players in a game, it have to be so "complete", addictive and interactive with its own world that it actually make you WANT to keep experimenting / building things.

Archeage is a very good step in that direction, it brings back lot of things that disapeared or even, never happened in mmorpg before, but it could be even "more" interactive and let player have even more freedom to do things they like in the land they own, they should let player be able to digg big holes or create hills, rivers, etc, in reasonable proportions that doesn't disfigure the landscape though.

Thank you for sharing !

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Unless we want people to build a house blocking the enterance to a dungeon............

You know it... don't be dull, there obviously has to be a few slight restrictions. More like in SWG for instance. Houses everywhere except around dungeons and immedietely around NPC cities.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Ah, UO housing...

-Building house placed to block other players access to their houses.

-Placing houses over spawn points, go on in for endless safe xp'ing

-Houses placed at choke points to restrict travel

In AA so far, claims are circular, so even at maximum density movement should still be possible.

Housing and farm structures in CBT4 had limited placement zones, crops and such could be placed most anywhere.

At one point they stated something to the effect that only about a third of the expected population could own their own homes. However players can form 'family groups' and share housing and farm facilities.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Originally posted by Razeekster

Basically, yes they can (I am fairly sure). Not anywhere though because you have to be near trees to make the house. Otherwise making a house where there are no trees would require you to carry suuplies from a ridiculous distamce (I think that's how it works).

You could find an area, plant trees, water them, then cut them down and make your house :)  Of course someone might steal your trees...

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

I THINK (don't quote me on that) that there are AREAS in open world where you can build so not anywhere AND there are some more random places all across the world where you can build some as well.

I THINK that definately not everywhere, not on a scale it was in UO. 

I THINK that there are designated areas + some smaller areas that you have to find + on some smaller islands you can also build.

Like with all other things in this game freedom in building is LIMITED.

It have it's advantages and disadvantages.

You know it... don't be dull, there obviously has to be a few slight restrictions. More like in SWG for instance. Houses everywhere except around dungeons and immedietely around NPC cities.

As long as there is are short timers on when clutter get removed.  Say 21 days without a sub and poof the building goes away.

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

As long as there is are short timers on when clutter get removed.  Say 21 days without a sub and poof the building goes away.

They have said when the Housing Tax goes unpaid the house will be destroyed. Now how long that takes...???

Originally posted by CyclopsSlay

They have said when the Housing Tax goes unpaid the house will be destroyed. Now how long that takes...???

As long as the clutter of unpaid for housing goes away it will be all good.

Anyone remember empty player towns in swg?

Still, those houses look nice.

As long as the clutter of unpaid for housing goes away it will be all good.

Anyone remember empty player towns in swg?

Still, those houses look nice.

Heh heh, yeah there were some rather vast player towns and cities left abandoned. I found oe underground complex absolutely stuffed with statues, trophies, droid shells and pretty much everything else. 

As limited as I expect the AA lands will be between housing and farm/ranch's there had better be a fairly ferocious decay system to free up lands left abandoned. 

I also expect many people camping out in others houses and in their guild halls.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Ah, UO housing...

-Building house placed to block other players access to their houses.

-Placing houses over spawn points, go on in for endless safe xp'ing

-Houses placed at choke points to restrict travel

In AA so far, claims are circular, so even at maximum density movement should still be possible.

Housing and farm structures in CBT4 had limited placement zones, crops and such could be placed most anywhere.

At one point they stated something to the effect that only about a third of the expected population could own their own homes. However players can form 'family groups' and share housing and farm facilities.

I don't know if you've just forgotten because it's been so long since UO has been good or if it's a new trend in gamers to say they played something to look cool to the community.  But, UO's housing system wasn't really like that.

Firstly, I want to address the person who said that people placed houses to block entrances to dungeons.  I have never in my five years of experience, seen a house blocking the entrance of a dungeon.  The reason for that is because the house needed to be placed at least one tile away from any object.  Which also destroys your comment on blocking people from accessing their own home.  You could not place a house directly in front of another.  It had to be at least one tile away.

Your second point is funny, because yes, people did often place homes over spawn points, but not usually because they wanted to.  Usually it was because they couldn't find a safe place to put their home.  Do you think loggin in and potentially being under attack before you actual load in visually would be something players wanted?  I know I didn't, and I had a keep in a location like you described.  Also, you didn't gain XP in UO.  You gained skill points, and generally the monsters that inhabited places that you could drop a house down, would only get you so much experience until they stopped because they were too low of a challenge.  

Your last point makes little sense to me.  You couldn't place on roads and you couldn't block off mountain passes or anything of the like.  I am confused, I find it more likely that you are confusing some other game with UO.  

If UO had a flaw in housing, it was that is was free placement, which caused a massive amount of houses all over the map.  This created 'house mazes' and they were HUGE memory hogs.  If you didn't have a good connection and a significant amount of RAM back then, you often had some serious lag trying to navigate through the neighborhoods.  It should have been more limited and they should have allowed house placement in some of their other expansion lands.  

• Daimyo21Daimyo21 Member Posts: 66
    I cant wait for this!  I was really hoping theyd throw more designs out.  I hope there are more ships too!  Also for someone saying that houses cant be built directly near NPC towns.. That is incorrect.  Some houses are built 50 feet from the town walls in most cases.  Of course these are all designated areas.  Possibly secluded islands abroad will reveeal more secretive areas for pirates etc..

There was a CBT4 video showing an island with what looked like room for 6-8 houses or so. Would be a great, if a bit exposed place to build and farm.

I am liking the new house designs a lot. Now just to get that damn game over here so I can start my evil plans for world conquest!

• CrazylikeCrazylike Member CommonPosts: 89
    Dont know if its already mentioned, but would be cool if the houses had windows, and not only for the astethics, but so that people could look in and see what you were doing.. spy on you or whatever. Just looks a little bit dull without windows. Maybe its just me tho.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Crazylike
    Dont know if its already mentioned, but would be cool if the houses had windows, and not only for the astethics, but so that people could look in and see what you were doing.. spy on you or whatever. Just looks a little bit dull without windows. Maybe its just me tho.

The Yogscast episode dealing with houses had them screwing around with the windows.  I believe the shutters open, because in their video the smaller races could jump out the windows, while the larger races couldn't fit...  you could look both in and out through the windows.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.