Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guess The Install Size?

MARTYB2KMARTYB2K Member Posts: 167

Hi all,

I only have 20GB of space on my SSD so i'm hoping it's going to be small. Hopefully it will be as it has no known single player component or cut-scenes. I'm guessing 12GB. What do you think or know?

Comments

• genjamie1genjamie1 Member Posts: 56

im guessing maybe 13 or 15

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Big?  Who knows.  Even if you look at the beta folks and one of them told you it's size now, it's not going to be accurate for release.  It's not likely to be more than your 20GB SSD though.  Many times I've seen games say you need 20GB free space and need only 10GB.  IE:  Global Agenda takes 10GB space, Skyrim unmodded 6GB, you get the picture...

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

9.05 gigs

• genjamie1genjamie1 Member Posts: 56
    thats it realy? wow...
  • brianw1brianw1 Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Tera 25gigs
  • dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316
    OVER 9000!!!!!
  • randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Around 2 or 3 or so? As an online FPS it doesn't need 10 gigs of extensive high end textures! Yea as if. bf:BC2 was about 7-8, bf2142 about 3, bf3 is about 15 on my drive (without the close quarters mod)

• TwystedWizTwystedWiz Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by randomt

Around 2 or 3 or so? As an online FPS it doesn't need 10 gigs of extensive high end textures! Yea as if. bf:BC2 was about 7-8, bf2142 about 3, bf3 is about 15 on my drive (without the close quarters mod)

They said some of the maps are dozens of square miles.  All done by hand to make every part playable.  Multiple land and air vehicles.  Three factions worth of "uniforms". I would guess >6G but <9G. 

I don't care how big it is on the disk as long as they have sufficient bandwidth for speedy distribution.

I think OP should be fine with 20G on their SSD.  For now. 

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    It will be over 9gb I'm sure. Maybe 15-20 gigs but it depends on the size of all three maps.
  • timmy12timmy12 Member UncommonPosts: 390
    as of right now 9.03 GB