Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FTP from now

Create a 14 day free trial and you have full access until the game goes FTP. The trial isn't restricted to the Isle of Dawn anymore and you can start on the mainland.

If you've trialed before and don't mind starting again you can just create a new station account using the same email as your other account.

Using /claim right now you can get a large bag with extra bonuses on it. It's once per account though so choose it on the right character.

Try out this map mod as well if you intend on playing, makes a big difference: http://www.soresha.net/infomap/

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Even though it says that the trial is restricted to the Isle of Dawn it isn't? I just want to confirm because the download thing I'm clicking says it's restricted.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Even though it says that the trial is restricted to the Isle of Dawn it isn't? I just want to confirm because the download thing I'm clicking says it's restricted.

No it's not. I had the option to start at the racial city when creating my character, that's where I started. I'm in the game right now on the mainland.

You can also /claim a big bag with bonuses on it.
    Will do. And thanks for the heads up. 25% in already.

I also recommend getting this map mod for it. Makes a big difference.

http://www.soresha.net/infomap/

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Is there any reason why a new player would NOT want to begin on the starter island? 

Originally posted by Psychow

Is there any reason why a new player would NOT want to begin on the starter island? 

I wouldn't want to be on the STUCK on the starter island for 2 weeks.

Starting in the racial cities is still a starter area. All the tutorials are there and all the usual starter level quests. But, yeh, I don't know if starting on the Isle of Dawn will mean you get stuck there so I wouldn't risk it.

You 'used' to be able to get a unique item on the isle of dawn but it's been added to the other starting areas now.

• Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Member UncommonPosts: 175

Although you do get some decent starting gear from the starter island, starting at your own racial starting point gives you a better idea of your race's back story.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Woot! Works with Steam Overlay.
  • ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    I enjoyed the trial last year but the game left me dissapointed due to obvious bugs and a general feeling that it was neglected by developers.  Is that still the feeling you get while playing it now?
  • SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    Have the consolidated racial starting zones gone live yet or is it still once zone per race?
  • MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182
    This is awesome news, so excited to get back to Vanguard. Let's hope we get a flood of players and some much needed love from the developers!
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by Zooce
    I enjoyed the trial last year but the game left me dissapointed due to obvious bugs and a general feeling that it was neglected by developers.  Is that still the feeling you get while playing it now?

Yes, tried it again a week ago. The game is still very buggy and the devs seems to be completely disconnected from the community patch wise. Their current genius ideas on test include making every class significantly more boring to play at low levels by tkaing away many abilities. It's like none of the devs ever actually play the game. Probably cuz they're waiting for GW2 to come out lol.

Originally posted by SuperXero89
    Have the consolidated racial starting zones gone live yet or is it still once zone per race?

None of those changes are in yet, no. So it's still one per race at the moment.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • beat_downbeat_down Member UncommonPosts: 46

How I wish the races able to be any class were in now. So many people returning and playing again.

Can't wait till I can make my Dwarf Bard.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    The only game I've played to date with a good FTP system is DCUO. Which is ironically run by SOE although EQ2 FTP sucks horribly.
  • DeadlyneDeadlyne Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Originally posted by beat_down

How I wish the races able to be any class were in now. So many people returning and playing again.

Can't wait till I can make my Dwarf Bard.

Oh man, why'd you have to call it?  I was gonna make a dwarf bard!  Now I'm gonna have to do something crazy like make a Lesser Giant Rogue or Monk!  Bah, now I can't even make up my mind.  Do you see what you have done?

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by jusomdude
    The only game I've played to date with a good FTP system is DCUO. Which is ironically run by SOE although EQ2 FTP sucks horribly.

It was horrible, as soon as you got higher in level and you could not even pay your repair builds with your maximum ammount of ingame currency

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Just wondering if i create a class/race in the trial thats not available for free in the F2P version, will i be able to keep it when the game goes F2P?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Just wondering if i create a class/race in the trial thats not available for free in the F2P version, will i be able to keep it when the game goes F2P?

I was told by someone else that they tried this with EQ (or EQ2, not sure) and it didn't work.

In the UK you can get the game from retailers though for about £2-3.. so I assume it's that cheap everywhere. If you REALLY want to unlock those classes that would be the best way to do it. Buy it quick and create the classes you want.