Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the Next FFA PVP game?

Is there anything on the horizon? if not i feel my gaming days are over for MMO's, seems developers just avoid FFA PvP all together and like most games made recently they all fail and fail hard due to lack of excitment....I hope something is in the works for a FFA game...Anyone know of anything? Thanks in advance

Comments

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298

As an old Lineage 1 fan, my hopes are in Lineage Eternal, its sequel, so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCdbdsFgNGI

Can't wait to see epics mass world pvps and castle sieges like lineage 1 with those graphics of Eternal, I'm trying to imagine this mass world pvp of L1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4f25QJyy3o

With those graphics of Eternal. I'm sad since L1 has shut down in west, and knowing that in east L1 is still in top 5  P2P MMOs but I can't play(unless I go to Korea, Taiwan, Japan...) makes me sadder.

I'm playing Lineage 2 currently.

• BigRock411BigRock411 Member Posts: 299
    Originally posted by Evolution8

Is there anything on the horizon? if not i feel my gaming days are over for MMO's, seems developers just avoid FFA PvP all together and like most games made recently they all fail and fail hard due to lack of excitment....I hope something is in the works for a FFA game...Anyone know of anything? Thanks in advance

Not sure on the ETA (forever?) but darkfall 2.0 or whatever they will call it might float your boat.

Nothing more exciting than a FFA full loot pvp game.

I dont think any major mmorpg releases in the near future will cater to the FFA pvp crowd, too many causals whos wallets dont like pixel death.

• Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by BigRock411
    Originally posted by Evolution8

Not sure on the ETA (forever?) but darkfall 2.0 or whatever they will call it might float your boat.

Nothing more exciting than a FFA full loot pvp game.

I dont think any major mmorpg releases in the near future will cater to the FFA pvp crowd, too many causals whos wallets dont like pixel death.

This... but who knows when 2.0 will launch.

You can play DFO atm with boosted skill gains. Still the best available for what your looking for.

There are alot of SMP FFA PVP full loot Minecraft servers but most favor the mods and the donators.

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298

The difference between Lineage and an FULL loot FFA is that only pk players drop their items if they die, but if you are fighting a player that belongs to a clan that is at war with your clan, both players can fight without worrying about becoming pk, because they belong to enemy alliances(the players make their own alliances and enemies). But if you kill a random player that is not at war with you, you can become a pk if this player dies without fighting, but if this random fights back, no one will become pk, the pvp ends up as if both players were at war.

If you are in pk state, you need to kill mobs of your level until your karma is cleaned, and you turn into a normal state again, but any player can kill a pk without worries, and can gain some items from pk after killing him.

So Lineage is not a random-killing game where the player killed will lose their items. Only pkers are punished losing their items if they die. Lineage is more about big and organized Alliances that fight each other over castles, open bosses and territory control.

• likuetlikuet Member Posts: 5
    EVE offers a lot of pvp, sometimes even more than you would like. On the other hand its a game that is defenetly not playable by every person out there.
  • fernetekfernetek Member Posts: 61
    You could play Minecraft. Just sayin'
  • RafadotnechiRafadotnechi Member UncommonPosts: 90

Game of Thrones and Darkfall 2.0

and ArcheAge (not sure)

this video show a mass pvp battle in ArcheAge Beta  so i think AA will have FFA Open World pvp of some kind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr2G7C1jm0I 

DF 2.0 was scheduled to this year yet 

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004
    Archage don't have full loot pvp.  Not sure if it's ffa