Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fantasy MMORPG Like DayZ

schrollbachschrollbach Member UncommonPosts: 72

Hey everyone,

As the title states, I'm wanting to play a fantasy based MMORPG that feels similar to DayZ.

The parts I like about DayZ is going about and doing your own thing and then seeing another person off in the distance.

I haven't felt such a rush in a game like being shot at in DayZ and trying to find the perpetrator.

I'm just wondering, is there any MMO out there with the awesome sense of World PvP like DayZ?

I don't mind if the game is P2P or F2P as long as the interactions with players happens frequently enough.  I usually play on pretty small servers on DayZ, usually only 20/40 peope, but it seems like you usually see someone once ever 15-30 minutes.

Any advice? I know some people may suggest EVE, but, I'm wanting something in the fantasy genre. If EVE seems to be the only option, I may have to give it a try.

Comments

• fearless47fearless47 Member UncommonPosts: 34

It's not out yet, but comming soon and is FTP model. Warz   http://www.thewarz.com/index.html is the main site for it.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

• schrollbachschrollbach Member UncommonPosts: 72

Thanks for the swift reply!

I've heard about WarZ, it's only a shame that it's still so far from being release...

Do you happen to know anything that's currently out that can get me the same kind of fix as DayZ can?

• Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by schrollbach

Thanks for the swift reply!I've heard about WarZ, it's only a shame that it's still so far from being release...Do you happen to know anything that's currently out that can get me the same kind of fix as DayZ can?

Darkfall would be the closest thing to a fantasy survival mmo like you describe
  • mmo-icemmo-ice Member Posts: 43
    As said above DarkFall would be a good one also Mortal Online is another one and they are upgrading there system to.

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345
    I too would be interested in a fantasy MMO akin to DayZ.  There doesn't seem to be much out there to choose from that isn't 8+ years old but I'm sure there will be as more publishers take note of the mega sucess of the Arma2 mod.  The perma death makes each encounter with mobs and other players very exciting and would be fun to see this translated into a fantasy game with bows, swords and armor.  Instead of zombies, you could have bandits, enemy npc cities, pirates, and wild beasts.  
  • Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Blitz555

I too would be interested in a fantasy MMO akin to DayZ.  There doesn't seem to be much out there to choose from that isn't 8+ years old but I'm sure there will be as more publishers take note of the mega sucess of the Arma2 mod.  The perma death makes each encounter with mobs and other players very exciting and would be fun to see this translated into a fantasy game with bows, swords and armor.  Instead of zombies, you could have bandits, enemy npc cities, pirates, and wild beasts.  

There are permadeath minecraft servers. Base graphics are rough but you can run as realistic texture packs as your pc can handle. Most solid survival servers are bukkit though, not sure when they will be running 1.3

When darkfall 2.0 launches, if they perform a wipe it would be the perfect time to start. Right now they are increased skill gains until 2.0 so new players can still have some fun
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Darkfall and Mortal Online but both are poorly coded and/or use crappy engine so I would not recommend either of them.
  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    Have you looked at any of the Modded DZSA Launcher servers?