Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taikodom: Closed Beta Begins

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Taikodom team has announced that the new free to play MMO has officially entered into its closed beta phase of development. A limited number of beta invites have already been sent with the pool set to expand over time.

Set in the 23rd century, players awake from suspended animation and must choose either the law-enforcing Consortium or the freedom-loving Renegades in a conflict that threatens to tear the civilization apart.

The game puts players in direct control of an advanced spacecraft and features complex character progression, a deep, rewarding crafting system, PvE and PvP battles, all set in a dedicated single-server universe.

Find out more on the Taikodom site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HellwarlordHellwarlord Member UncommonPosts: 14
    If anyone has 1 extra key, please send it to me. I will appreciate that.
  • pkerguypkerguy Member UncommonPosts: 16
    i have 2 spare beta keys, contact me if you are interested, first come first to serve
  • ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

I don't get it, I played that game over a year ago and I'm pretty sure it was in English. So I'm guessing it's a CB for some other region's server?

Cheers.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    Originally posted by Bumer/goga

I don't get it, I played that game over a year ago and I'm pretty sure it was in English. So I'm guessing it's a CB for some other region's server?

Cheers.

No the english version was badly done as in only half translated since then they have stopped the english version all together to focus on the game. 

I am in beta there is no NDA at all so I can openly talk about it. The game is nothing like the version they had back then. They have made some huge changes all G1 are doing is the translations.

• Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381

No Taikodom forums up on this site yet....

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    If there ia nother Key floating around I'd like to grab one.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • darkszgzdarkszgz Member UncommonPosts: 21

I would love a closed beta key. I am a huge fan of space combat games.image

Pleeeeeeeease....

• apcyberapcyber Member UncommonPosts: 12
    if anyone got a spare key, i would love one. 
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Looking at the official site, it appears you can buy your way into closed beta by picking up one of the founder packages.
  • darkszgzdarkszgz Member UncommonPosts: 21
    yeah but i prefer to try the game first, because if i'd like it i would buy the 20€ version
  • aRidionaRidion Member UncommonPosts: 25

If someone has a spare key still, I would be very much obliged if you could send it to me.

Thanks in advance!

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444
    Closed beta? I played this game over a year ago...

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• tomwoditomwodi Member Posts: 49

http://venturebeat.com/2012/07/05/taikodom-set-to-enter-beta/

I would like to congratulate Hoplon Infotainment for this game. We all know the obstacles to make this kind of thing here in Brazil. I live in Florianópolis too, if I did not work in another area of programming i would look this company for sure.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Bumer/goga

Cheers.

They started English translation a while back.. really bad English translation at that. I don't know if it went to a new developer or just went back to the drawing board, but the English version dropped off the face of the eath and went back to development a year or so ago. What you probably played was the last CB before the development change.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298

Im all up for an extra beta key! I gota dota2 if anyone interested.

Been waiting for this to give it a shot, need another good sci-fi fix!

• MalasorteMalasorte Member UncommonPosts: 56
    yea the game is not a new game, as to those that played that English server ... it was actually BR server ... but was extremelly good translated to english and because it was the only server it did not say BR ... but if u went and asked the admins there what server it was they would tell u it is the BR server (the only one at that time) ... i watched this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1qwbiJwDko and honestly it looks like shit .. i know its CB and all  but the Taikodom i played a long long time ago was a lot better
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    I'm tempted to buy into this. I really like the look of the game. Are you stuck in the ship 24/7 or is it possible to dock with a space station and walk around, or other things to that nature? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
  • nhat1nhat1 Member Posts: 5
    That ship kind of looks like the one from Last Exile, an anime TV series.

Are the people that bought founder accounts in this beta?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• melenonemelenone Member Posts: 25
    paying for beta??.....ya no ty.
  • thegrapplerthegrappler Member Posts: 7
    Yeah, I don't get this I played it in 2008 and it wasn't closed beta and it was in english.  It even had a functioning cash shop.  As for my feelings towards it space games where you pilot with a mouse are pretty lame.  Vendetta Online which has been in beta for about 7yrs. has a better flight stick simulation and awesome combat.  Jumpgate isn't too bad either.  But Taikodom is nothing special.  Notice I didn't mention the business simulator EVE Online which takes very limited skill to fight.  EVE is like hey you can be a miner or a combat ace but hey wait if your a miner you can have combat drones to defend you and if your fighter you can have miner drones to mine for you.  That's not exactly how it is but that's the logic of EVE Online.  No skill what so ever.
    Originally posted by melenone
    paying for beta??.....ya no ty.

It's not a paid beta. People who have signed up over the past year or so are in. Peope that pre-purchased perks also get into the beta.

Beta signup is here: http://www.gamersfirst.com/taikodom/?q=beta_application