Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which do you think is more Hard Core? TSW, GW2, WoW, Swtor?

12346»

Comments

• Stimos8Stimos8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    WoW, its just so rediculously hard, i mean, you scroll of rez to 80, play for a few hours and hit 85, the max level,  then do some dungeons and start by doing the end raid a day or 2 later. Its way way way to difficult considering i just cant pull 15k dps in full gear. So ya, as you can clearly see, wow must easily be the most difficult game, i mean just think about how hard it is, doing 1,2,3?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Originally posted by Tayah

Hard core? I don't think any of them could be considered hardcore. Maybe Ultima Online pre Trammel?

Or Eve....The 4 on the list aren't hardcore at all....And no having to look up answers for a quest online does not count as hardcore...Sorry TSW fans.

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412

Played them all... TSW was the clear winner for me.

Don't recall seeing threads about people quitting due to difficulty for the other games.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

If meaning 'hardcore' by the amount of time to spend doing things, I would say WoW.

If meaning 'difficulty' it's hard to even begin calling any of them difficult.  If you're including 'hard mode' content, I would probably still say WoW.  Although, to be honest, there's alot we haven't seen of GW2 dungeons so this may change.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

Originally posted by Theocritus
    Originally posted by Tayah

Hard core? I don't think any of them could be considered hardcore. Maybe Ultima Online pre Trammel?

Or Eve....The 4 on the list aren't hardcore at all....And no having to look up answers for a quest online does not count as hardcore...Sorry TSW fans.

They only have to look online for answers if they want to be lazy... People look up quest walkthroughs/info for every game anyway... It's just that a lot fo TSW's quest can be quite difficult to figure out on your own. My vote for TSW was due to dungeon difficulty and soloability.

Originally posted by Ezhae

WoW is the most hardcore because it requires the most comitment from player. Between all the grinds and ever changing tiers of gear, You have to play non stop to stay at the "top" of foodchain. 

Then again TOR is hardcore because you need balls of steel to admit you play it these days and quite the patience for BioWare/EA ploys. 

Also, TSW is hardcore, because you have to endure the dragged out kill quests that are spilt into 5 tiers and each tier has you kill 5 to 10 mobs that are just slightly different than the ones in previous tier. Also they are on the other end of the zone so you can jog a bit. 

And, finally, GW2 is hardcore because it's what allt he cool kids want to play now, and we all know cool kids are hardcore. Also you need to dodge. 

Not hard to stay at the "top" when patches/content comes out every 6+ months.

You clearly haven't played TSW.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by tkoreaper

Don't recall seeing threads about people quitting due to difficulty for the other games.

Don’t mistake difficulty for boredom ....fighting a mob for 5 minutes and killing it with 95% of your health isn't difficult it just sucks and leads to boredom

• HEKKRAHEKKRA Member UncommonPosts: 80

Lineage 2 at launch.

nothing else.

Originally posted by Baddogbill
    Originally posted by tkoreaper

Don’t mistake difficulty for boredom ....fighting a mob for 5 minutes and killing it with 95% of your health isn't difficult it just sucks and leads to boredom

That's not the case in this game nor was it the reason for the threads I saw. Some of the dungeons are quite difficult as well as regular mobs in some zones unless you completely outgear the area.

The "boredom" you speak of is found in the game Tera, not TSW. In some zones it's almost necessary to group up unless you want to wait for your health to regen after killing every mob. I recall a few quests I simply couldn't do because there was a timer that I couldn't meet. I found myself having to go back to the previous zones and either find some quests I missed or run the dungeon a few more times to get geared up a little more. I haven't played any Nightmare versions of any dungeons, but I've heard they're pretty rediculous and really test the group... same thing for open world bosses.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

why you dont mention TERA ?

anyway after watching the results of the poll and with the fact that soo it will become free to play, i will give a try fo SWTOR ! lol xD

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

If GW1 is any indication of what GW2 is going to be like at endgame then I would definately vote GW2. Doing things like the underworld and fissure of woe in GW1 took some dedication, especially the underworld. I hope this translated over.

Right now though I have no idea about GW2.. nor does anyone else for that matter. To get all the achievements and the best gear in WoW takes some real dedication though. It's not my game at all but to reach the top you definately have to commit, so I vote WoW as the most hardcore.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    EVE is more hardcore than all of them put together.  Themepark games are not hardcore.
  • skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Heroic bosses in wow (pre-nerf) are hard.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    Originally posted by skamper
    Heroic bosses in wow (pre-nerf) are hard.

Were hard. That is the whole point, hard core does not exist anymore.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

WoW Heroic raiding.  Many foilks say wow is so easy, yeh it is at entry level but I imagine that all or many that say wow is too easy hasn't gotten one heroic boss kill achievement.  Sticking with the same guild on heroic format is tough but the bonds you make doing it with people are fabulous.

TSW just has dungeons right now, GW2 is a pvp game, SWTOR is buggy and horrific.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

None of them are hardcore. WoW was hardcore, but it isn't anymore.

Had you added AoC, I would have voted for that, because Tier 3 and Tier 4 raiding there is pretty darned hardcore. Tainted Souls (my previous AoC guild) recently took down one of the last T4 bosses - The Entity. The raids there are _hard_.

TSW might bring some more hardcore elements with the 10 and 20 man Raids coming up, but I don't know what direction Funcom wants to take TSW.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    If hardcore = give up your real life for a gear grind, then WoW might be the ticket. Is WoW the least casual-friendly of those 4 games? I haven't played TSW, so I'll just guess WoW. I can't imagine GW2 being really "hardcore" as they are for the level playing field.

imageimage
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Darkfall.  None of the above are hardcore.  Well, I guess you could say WoW if you are raiding every night...but that is pushing it.

I would say this.  Like DF or don't, it is a pretty cutthroat game.  I come up with this because my thought process is thatt I equate Hardcore to Full Loot PVP or in that direction.

I self identify as a monkey.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by bcbully

I understand that people have different specific definitions off hardcore. I'm talking in general. No one is going to call Barbie's play house hardcore. 

Which does not help the issue you identified spot on!

Meaningless poll then...

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I don't think a game can be hardcore in itself.  Perhaps at best a game would cater to players who play hardcore (hard work for much better than average performance and/or status).

Best I can do is "no vote"... sorry.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

you guys dont know what is "hardcore".... none of them in poll... you should try for example Ultima Online Pre-Trammel... sweet old days... spending thousands hours in UO world ... i hope one day... someone will make something like"UO clone" :D all these PEGI 12 games and money~milking F2P(pay2win) games... bleh

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    When someone can get a true concensus on what constitutes as "hardcore" for an MMO game i will not bother with the silly poll, and really why did those four games get put into a poll together ?

Lolipops !