Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things to Do Once You Hit 50

AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240

To me leveling is fun, but once its over I want to see a robust end game. I would argue that SWTOR has that. It’s new and there is content to come, but if you reach 50 now there is plenty to do.

Building Relationships

Join a guild and make friends. This is the ultimate objective of MMOs. Of course you want things to do together, but what will keep you in the long run are the relationships you build. Join a guild. Do together things like running instances and operations. Help the members of your guild out. Share the fruits of your crafting with members who are still leveling up. If you do these things you’ll make friends and MMOs will be something more than just a game.

Instances and Operations

Of course SWTOR has instances and operations which you can use to improve your character and work with your guild mates. Once you have your equipment you can still run them for the endless stream of noobs that will be coming up. BioWare will be adding more instances and operations as the game grows so that’s something to look forward to.

Leveling Up Alts

SWTOR has eight great stories to tell. Certainly you will want to develop your main, but go out there and live those stories—you will not regret it.

Dailies

The good thing about dailies in SWTOR is you don’t have to do them everyday. They pay off big time in credits and daily medals. You only need to do them when you need credits for things, or want the rewards that come from the daily medals. You can also run heroics and receive the daily rewards since they are all repeatable.

Space Combat

While the space combat is not the greatest (I’m sure improvements and additional missions will come later) like the planet dailies there are credit rewards and daily medals to win by doing the space missions from time to time.

Crafting

Crafting should be done while you are leveling up since it provides your character with armor, weapons, medpacs, stims, and other goods. After you reach 50 you can craft for guild mates, and you can craft items to sell on the GTN. I’ve mastered armortech, armstech, and biotech and I make a ton off the GTN selling my products.

Datacroms

On every planet there are datacroms that increase your base stats. Finding them all is a blast. BioWare did an exceptionally good job at making these interesting to find. There are puzzles to be solved and terrain to be navigated.

Playing the GTN

Buy low, sell high. A lot of credits can be made this way.

PvP

There are some good pvp instances in the game, and plenty of opportunity to match yourself against other players. Don’t worry about losing at first--you’ll learn the ropes.

Roleplaying

Luke had his story, write your own. This is a sandbox feature of almost all MMOs.

There is a great deal to do in SWTOR once you hit 50. Get out there and do it.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

Comments

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Originally posted by Ahnog

To me leveling is fun, but once its over I want to see a robust end game. I would argue that SWTOR has that. It’s new and there is content to come, but if you reach 50 now there is plenty to do.

Building Relationships

Join a guild and make friends. This is the ultimate objective of MMOs. Of course you want things to do together, but what will keep you in the long run are the relationships you build. Join a guild. Do together things like running instances and operations. Help the members of your guild out. Share the fruits of your crafting with members who are still leveling up. If you do these things you’ll make friends and MMOs will be something more than just a game.

Instances and Operations

Of course SWTOR has instances and operations which you can use to improve your character and work with your guild mates. Once you have your equipment you can still run them for the endless stream of noobs that will be coming up. BioWare will be adding more instances and operations as the game grows so that’s something to look forward to.

Leveling Up Alts

SWTOR has eight great stories to tell. Certainly you will want to develop your main, but go out there and live those stories—you will not regret it.

Dailies

The good thing about dailies in SWTOR is you don’t have to do them everyday. They pay off big time in credits and daily medals. You only need to do them when you need credits for things, or want the rewards that come from the daily medals. You can also run heroics and receive the daily rewards since they are all repeatable.

Space Combat

While the space combat is not the greatest (I’m sure improvements and additional missions will come later) like the planet dailies there are credit rewards and daily medals to win by doing the space missions from time to time.

Crafting

Crafting should be done while you are leveling up since it provides your character with armor, weapons, medpacs, stims, and other goods. After you reach 50 you can craft for guild mates, and you can craft items to sell on the GTN. I’ve mastered armortech, armstech, and biotech and I make a ton off the GTN selling my products.

Datacroms

On every planet there are datacroms that increase your base stats. Finding them all is a blast. BioWare did an exceptionally good job at making these interesting to find. There are puzzles to be solved and terrain to be navigated.

Playing the GTN

Buy low, sell high. A lot of credits can be made this way.

PvP

There are some good pvp instances in the game, and plenty of opportunity to match yourself against other players. Don’t worry about losing at first--you’ll learn the ropes.

Roleplaying

Luke had his story, write your own. This is a sandbox feature of almost all MMOs.

There is a great deal to do in SWTOR once you hit 50. Get out there and do it.

I have been a player and Guild Leader since lanuch and waited for this game for years hanging on every rumor.

SWTOR's end game is lacking.  If you are a player who loves to level alts, then the game is great.  If you however like to focus on one character, a month of two in a decent size guild with pvp'ers and raiders will mean that you have accomplished most everthing there is to do in the game.

I'm hopeful that they will make additions over time such as an acheivement system, Guild Capital Ships, perhaps the ability to "mentor" down to a friends level..etc. 

Until they do however, there is very little to actually accomplish.

and it's Datacrons....

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by Ahnog
    To me leveling is fun, but once its over I want to see a robust end game. I would argue that SWTOR has that. It’s new and there is content to come, but if you reach 50 now there is plenty to do.Building RelationshipsJoin a guild and make friends. This is the ultimate objective of MMOs. Of course you want things to do together, but what will keep you in the long run are the relationships you build. Join a guild. Do together things like running instances and operations. Help the members of your guild out. Share the fruits of your crafting with members who are still leveling up. If you do these things you’ll make friends and MMOs will be something more than just a game.Instances and OperationsOf course SWTOR has instances and operations which you can use to improve your character and work with your guild mates. Once you have your equipment you can still run them for the endless stream of noobs that will be coming up. BioWare will be adding more instances and operations as the game grows so that’s something to look forward to.Leveling Up AltsSWTOR has eight great stories to tell. Certainly you will want to develop your main, but go out there and live those stories—you will not regret it.DailiesThe good thing about dailies in SWTOR is you don’t have to do them everyday. They pay off big time in credits and daily medals. You only need to do them when you need credits for things, or want the rewards that come from the daily medals. You can also run heroics and receive the daily rewards since they are all repeatable.Space CombatWhile the space combat is not the greatest (I’m sure improvements and additional missions will come later) like the planet dailies there are credit rewards and daily medals to win by doing the space missions from time to time.CraftingCrafting should be done while you are leveling up since it provides your character with armor, weapons, medpacs, stims, and other goods. After you reach 50 you can craft for guild mates, and you can craft items to sell on the GTN. I’ve mastered armortech, armstech, and biotech and I make a ton off the GTN selling my products.DatacromsOn every planet there are datacroms that increase your base stats. Finding them all is a blast. BioWare did an exceptionally good job at making these interesting to find. There are puzzles to be solved and terrain to be navigated.Playing the GTNBuy low, sell high. A lot of credits can be made this way.PvPThere are some good pvp instances in the game, and plenty of opportunity to match yourself against other players. Don’t worry about losing at first--you’ll learn the ropes.RoleplayingLuke had his story, write your own. This is a sandbox feature of almost all MMOs.There is a great deal to do in SWTOR once you hit 50. Get out there and do it.

Glad you like it. I don't

Building Relationships
    Did this before the game even started, did a lot more of it while leveling.

Instances and Operations
    Did most of the instances while leveling. Cleared most of the raid content the first time through. Got all the gear I could in about 3 weeks.

Leveling Alts. 80% of the quests are the exact same. With (2) 50s the idea of leveling a third made my ears bleed.

Dailies
    Was done doing dailies in a week. Farming dailies to sell gear on the AH got way too boring.

Space Combat
    Was pretty much done with this wile leveling except the last 2-3 missions

Crafting
    Was done with this pretty much while leveling. Most of the crafting gear is inferior. Didn't need more money, so no reason to grind crafting to sell on the AH.

Datacroms
    Did a lot of them while leveling. Only took a week at endgame to get the rest.

GTN .. no point for me. Don't need money in the game, it's very easy to come by.

PVP .. Had 2 characters maxed out in pvp when 1.2 hit only to get to farm the exact same zones for 3-4 times inflated prices and 1 new, pretty horrible warzone.

Roleplay
    really?

Short game is short. aside from pvp, most of the game can be completed in 4-5 weeks of moderate play. I didn't even enter my first raid in vanilla wow until 8 months after I started playing. of course newWoW is a Swtor clone .. or vice versa .. so I rarely play newWoW either.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

1. You should be building relationships naturally. It's an MMORPG. You shouldn't have to go out of your way to do that.

2. I personally hate running noobs through instances I've already done. This is subjective.

3. Alts are subjective.

4. You never HAVE to do dailies. But if you don't do dailies where is your $15 a month going? You're missing out on loot you are PAYING for.

5. Come back after you've played Star Trek Online and tell me that people can't do genuine space combat in an MMO.

6. Farming for money. To what end?

7. They are good.

8. Again. Money is pointless with nothing to spend it on.

PvP and Roleplaying are two very different types of gameplay compared to PVE. While some people will be willing to venture out into other gameplay modes it is likely that most will stick to one or the other until they are forced to do something for gear. 

Grinding dailies is not content.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Originally posted by NomadMorlock

I have been a player and Guild Leader since lanuch and waited for this game for years hanging on every rumor.

SWTOR's end game is lacking.  If you are a player who loves to level alts, then the game is great.  If you however like to focus on one character, a month of two in a decent size guild with pvp'ers and raiders will mean that you have accomplished most everthing there is to do in the game.

I'm hopeful that they will make additions over time such as an acheivement system, Guild Capital Ships, perhaps the ability to "mentor" down to a friends level..etc. 

Until they do however, there is very little to actually accomplish.

and it's Datacrons....

That's the problem I had. I focus on a min and maybe an few alts yet rarely get them to cap. Raiding was surprisingly very fun for a while but there isn't much else for someone like me

Space Combat, Datacrons, and playing through all the planets + bonus series was only enjoyable the first time. Dailies are only bareable to an extent and then you get where you never want to do them again.

So that leaves me having to subscribing only to log in, make some credits and raid. It gets old.

OP forgot to mention leveling your Legacy but really it doesn't help much, only another thing to waste a lot of credits on.

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

Oh..and on the theme of the "Things to do once you hit 50", I left out the one my guild is pretty much working on now...

Try Guild Wars 2.