Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I feel really bad for this mmo.

chilly15450chilly15450 plover, WIPosts: 16Member

What kills me about this game is the combat, if this had combat like oblivion, then no one would be complaining has much then I think. God, when will video game developers, will ever learn to try something completely new then the regular  mmorpg combat,  like jesus. I know they didn't show the combat system yet but dam I know well they will make has something like wow or guild wars 2. I don't hate guild wars 2 but I don't think it will work with this game. They explained little information about the combat system but it sounds like more like age of conan mmo.

• ZigZagsZigZags Modesto, CAPosts: 329Member Uncommon
    If it had combat like Age of Conan I'd be so happy.

Now: Skyrim
    Later: ?
    Played: M59, UO, EQ, Runescape, DAOC, SB, EQ2, WoW, EVE, Darkfall, AoC, FFXI, FFXIV, WAR, SWTOR
    BOYCOTTING: EA/BioWare/Origin/SOE

• Preacher26Preacher26 saranac, NYPosts: 378Member

People have been dreaming of an Elder Scrolls MMO for years...

then finally when we get one... they step away from the style we loved and expected to see in this title for rehashed crap we have been playing for years. Not a game I will be buying. Going to be another crap themepark.

• zevni78zevni78 grimsbyPosts: 1,120Member Uncommon

I will not deny the possibility that information and footage may come out in the next year that shows some great ideas and features, but I agree with the OP. Everything Zenimax have said about this project evokes the same non-risk taking mentality that has resulted in so many mmos, that although have some features that improve over the standard WoW model, do not have enough to avoid the feeling you are still playing WoW. They exhibit no desire to innovate away from the usual mmo weaknesses the way Arenanet, Carbine or Funcom do, and so TESO will not only lack the characteristics of the elder scrolls franchise but be inferior to other themeparks out by that time. 

• ShadowedMareShadowedMare Minster, OHPosts: 30Member
    They've mentioned "The combat will be different" but other than that really have explained how they plan to innovate the gameplay. I'm really hoping they show some new footage soon and explain how they've taken some risks to innovate their title. 

The Shadowed Mare - A Tavern North of Caldera and an Elder Scrolls Online Fansite and Forums.