Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP Question

drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535

So I know this game had PvP servers and then they took them away. I was wondering if there was any plan to reinstate the PvP servers or more PvP mechanics with the F2P transition?

Me and my friend love the concept of the game and it looks interesting but we won't play without some sort of PvP.

Comments

• DeadlyneDeadlyne Member UncommonPosts: 232

Sadly there won't be any PvP servers with the initial F2P release.  There is a community of players on the official VG forums who are trying to leverage some support for PvP coming back.  I'm sure they would appreciate your support over there.  The lead Dev Silius said in a post that if F2P works out well that PvP could make a come back..  Currently they are trying to make sure F2P goes as smoothly as possible so they are focusing all their efforts on that in particular.  So it would be down the road if two things happen I'm assuming.  

1. F2P does grab a pretty good amount of players, giving them more resources to spend on development.

2. Players continue to show their interest in PvP, and possibly support the game by playing PvE while they garner more support for the PvP server.

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

• ViareViare Member UncommonPosts: 45
    i wonder when devs well come to the apifany that if you ignore pvp, your game will die

Only as a warrior can one withstand the path of knowledge. A warrior cannot complain or regret anything. His life is an endless challenge, and challenges cannot possibly be good or bad. Challenges are simply challenges.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by Viare
    i wonder when devs well come to the apifany that if you ignore pvp, your game will die

I disagree if the game is polished and immersive enough you don't need pvp at all. Unfortunatly VG's bland EQ2 clayfighter graphics is neither.

• ViareViare Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Okay you totally just described SWTOR,  and look what happened :)  Name one game without pvp that is totally smashing the charts right now.        Open World PvP is the wave of the future.   Even Eq2 had to go F2P looong ago.   Pvp is essential for end game fun.       Nation Building is awsome.  Nough said.   Especially in a game like VG where you can build your own houses etc.

Only as a warrior can one withstand the path of knowledge. A warrior cannot complain or regret anything. His life is an endless challenge, and challenges cannot possibly be good or bad. Challenges are simply challenges.

• DeadlyneDeadlyne Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Given the fact of non instancing and open world, mixed with houses and guild halls(having a claim in the world space), I think its the perfect PvP environment.  Some of the best times I had in PvP in any game was fighting it out with another guild right at the gates of our guild hall in Vanguard.

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.