Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a MMO with black/dark or illusion magic.

SlheyasSlheyas Member UncommonPosts: 83

Simple huh? I'd rather have it be free because I'm pretty short on cash atm and I've already bought GW2 so spending money on another mmo when this one is so close to release would be kinda dumb.

I'm playing Eden Eternal atm and while it's pretty good the Illusionist and Warlock class are only unlocked at high level and I'd rather have a class that can use the magic disciplines I want right off the bat!

Otherwise the only requirement I have is a nice looking UI.

Comments

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

You know i hadn't realized just how missing this concept has been from games, but illusionists used to be awesome in the DnD setting why didn't they come over on the arch to mmo's? 

(and i know that GW2 has one I'm saying before now)

• SlheyasSlheyas Member UncommonPosts: 83

No idea, I'll just blame it on lazy devs.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    GW2's Mesmer is the closest i've played to a really good illusionist class in any mmo.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Vanguard is going F2P in a week or so had an excelent necro you could add bits onto your pet, it was a very cool take on the necro, blood mages were also fun, and chanter class was popular untill rogues got to beefed up in cc if I remember right, it has been awhile.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Gorwe

I am sure that Vanguard has an example of both...

TLDR: Black Magic is VERY popular in MMOs, while Illusion Magic barely exists(shame imho).

i can't actually think of an illusionist-like class in VG. they do have a pretty nasty necro though. kinda nice cuz you get a skill to harvest body parts. its random drops, but still quite fun to tag them onto your undead minion.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
     Psionicist was the Vanguard chanter