Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F2p launch date confirmed, August 14 !

EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

Greetings Telonians!

The Vanguard Saga of Heroes transition to free-to-play is just around the corner! We are pleased to announce that the official launch date is Tuesday, August 14, 2012! Mark the date on your calendar!

Over the past couple of months, we have been working hard to improve the game in order to prepare for the influx of new and returning players. If you have not heard about all the changes, check them out for yourself in game and out of game! In the coming week, you'll start to notice even more changes as we move toward the official free-to-play launch.

Some of the more notable changes include:

• New Website: Our official website has received a major facelift and has a new URL - http://www.vanguardthegame.com.
  • Vanguard Marketplace: The Vanguard Marketplace offers several categories to browse - Services, Mounts and Pets, Appearance and Equipment, and Housing.
  • Starting Areas Revamp: New characters will now start one of the following starting areas: Cliffs of Ghelgad, Tanvu, Three Rivers Village, Tursh Village, or the Isle of Dawn.
  • Removed Class Restrictions: We removed the class restrictions for all races. You can now create that special combination of character that you dreamed about making!

It's right around the corner folks! Yay No more need to make anything other than a Halfling, finally I can be whatever class I want to! Great news!

Comments

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832
    Aww, yeeeeeaaaahhhhh!  GW2, PS2, and some Vanguard!!!!!  This month is going to be awesome for me. :D

BOOYAKA!

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Around 4 years too late imho. They are going to have to compete with AAA titles with no subscription like GW2 or SWTOR (in fall), and with games with much more content and which have been embracing the F2p model for much longer like EQ2 or AoC. That without mentioning you can play up to level 20 indefinitely in wow for free.

Cant understand why it has taken them so much time to jump in the wagon. And cant understand wht is WAR waiting for. Its the only chance for survival , with all that is coming in the near future.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Lifted class/race restrictions. . I am not a fan of this one.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• VahraneVahrane Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Why not?

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Class restrictions is about the dumbest thing companies can do if they're trying to get new players into a game.  It's on the same level as gender locks in my book.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Any Free To Play with restrictions gets a pass from me.
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    If it's free to play, I'll definitely go back. The game is fun, but I just didn't think it warrented the monthly subscription after it bombed so hard at launch. I remember playing the beta for it, and everyone seemed to predict its demise.
  • SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by denshing
    If it's free to play, I'll definitely go back. The game is fun, but I just didn't think it warrented the monthly subscription after it bombed so hard at launch. I remember playing the beta for it, and everyone seemed to predict its demise.

If you haven't played it since beta, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the game now. It's in far better condition, and personally, I think it's entirely worth the sub. I just came back recently and now that I know the plug won't be pulled in the very near future (or I assume, anyway), I feel more confident sinking some time into it.

Here's hoping SOE actually gives it some proper development time.

• MisthawkMisthawk Member UncommonPosts: 63

I have to agree with this.  Vanguard just seems to me, to be one of those games that started as a class specific game, and to change it this far down the line, cannot be much better for the balancing, imo.  I think it would be be best, if budgets allowed, for vanguard to just go the Darkfall route, admit it had one too many flaws (plus other reasons), and just rebuild the game from scratch, instead of just adding bandage after bandage over a festuring wound.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    All they're doing is taking an old game and wrapping it in new wrapping paper, with a bow, to make it look good for the F2P crowd. Any improvements are just fluff.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

I'm amazed at the uninformed drivel being written here. Have people actually read what the f2p model is going to be? Just a different wrapping? How? How can you possible know that, and utther such crap as fact when the the information is available that clearly says otherwise?

I have issues as well, but if you're not gonna write seriously, and actually tell us what's wrong and whatnot, please post your uninformed bs elsewhere.

Yes it all could be a big evil scam, aimed to squeesh every last penny out the game it can, and screw everyone over, and take over the world. But before we know that, and the the new model launches, please spare those fears and paranoia, and don't throw them out there as FACT.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Has there been any mention of them starting a new server perhaps? It'd be great to have everyone start off on equal footing again.
  • SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride
    Has there been any mention of them starting a new server perhaps? It'd be great to have everyone start off on equal footing again.

A new server is the last thing Vanguard needs.  The current playerbase can't even come close to filling what basically amounts to the one server the game has left.

• KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Originally posted by Alders

Class restrictions is about the dumbest thing companies can do if they're trying to get new players into a game.  It's on the same level as gender locks in my book.

Did i read this wrong? I thought it was just stating that you can now make any class/race combo, where certain races could not be certain classes before.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by KnaveSkye
    Originally posted by Alders

Did i read this wrong? I thought it was just stating that you can now make any class/race combo, where certain races could not be certain classes before.

No, you read it right some others took the meaning wrong.

Lolipops !