Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: The Vanguard Appeal

13»

Comments

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

SOE has gone of  the deep end of no return with their F2P model..

No thanks, so many better options that don't do this crap to players..

• DeadlyneDeadlyne Member UncommonPosts: 232

Ahh yeah you are probably right.  Typical american here, I usually just totally ignore the EU servers existence.

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

• ultrastoatultrastoat Member Posts: 172

Everyone here is so angry it seems. Everyone in VG is waiting happily for the F2P transition and you're all here bitching about how VG is, to paraphrase-quote some of you, "the ugliest and worst game ever made". 

I know it's a matter of personal opinion, but many players still believe that VG is the diamond in the rough. It has some of the best old-school PVE quests and you don't even realize you are on a "Kill X quest" because you're too busy exploring and staying alive. It also has a harsh death penalty, completely instance-free dungeons / housing / cities, a gigantic game world with lots of travel, an incredible crafting system, diplomacy (which I never really got into but more power to those who have), and so much more.

All you "old-timers" who complain about there not being any games left to cater to the hardcore: why aren't you stoked for VG's relaunch? Sure, it doesn't have FFA, but it's still one of the deepest, most challenging, and most rewarding MMORPGs out there.

Basically, all of y'all moaning about there not being any more "game worlds" or places in which to immerse yourself: we've been in Telon this whole time, wtf have you been?

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Having played this game for 2 yrs.the one thing that stands out about this game is some of the bugs,i love them,like crashing in a grp one after the other.but i have never in my life had so much fun and freedom playing a game has i have this.its by far the most brilliantly buggy game out atm.has for f2p..i will be there just to see how it pans out..i really hope people enjoy their experience in the game.there is so much to do.even after 2 yrs i never managed to complete everything on one char with so much to do.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by nhavas
    Everyone here is so angry it seems. Everyone in VG is waiting happily for the F2P transition and you're all here bitching about how VG is, to paraphrase-quote some of you, "the ugliest and worst game ever made". I know it's a matter of personal opinion, but many players still believe that VG is the diamond in the rough. It has some of the best old-school PVE quests and you don't even realize you are on a "Kill X quest" because you're too busy exploring and staying alive. It also has a harsh death penalty, completely instance-free dungeons / housing / cities, a gigantic game world with lots of travel, an incredible crafting system, diplomacy (which I never really got into but more power to those who have), and so much more.All you "old-timers" who complain about there not being any games left to cater to the hardcore: why aren't you stoked for VG's relaunch? Sure, it doesn't have FFA, but it's still one of the deepest, most challenging, and most rewarding MMORPGs out there. Basically, all of y'all moaning about there not being any more "game worlds" or places in which to immerse yourself: we've been in Telon this whole time, wtf have you been?

I think most of us have tried.
    I had VG at release, and while ive had some good times over the years .. it is brutally hard to find groups past HL and ends up feeling like just another quest grinder as a result. I know the potential is there and im hoping beyond hope that F2P will revive low level areas ... but how can anyone expect us not to be skeptical with the laundry list of crappy F2P conversions out there? Dollars to Doughnuts they are going to dumb down leveling or something in the process.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by azmundai

Everyone here is so angry it seems. Everyone in VG is waiting happily for the F2P transition and you're all here bitching about how VG is, to paraphrase-quote some of you, "the ugliest and worst game ever made". 

I know it's a matter of personal opinion, but many players still believe that VG is the diamond in the rough. It has some of the best old-school PVE quests and you don't even realize you are on a "Kill X quest" because you're too busy exploring and staying alive. It also has a harsh death penalty, completely instance-free dungeons / housing / cities, a gigantic game world with lots of travel, an incredible crafting system, diplomacy (which I never really got into but more power to those who have), and so much more.

All you "old-timers" who complain about there not being any games left to cater to the hardcore: why aren't you stoked for VG's relaunch? Sure, it doesn't have FFA, but it's still one of the deepest, most challenging, and most rewarding MMORPGs out there.

Basically, all of y'all moaning about there not being any more "game worlds" or places in which to immerse yourself: we've been in Telon this whole time, wtf have you been?

I think most of us have tried.
    I had VG at release, and while ive had some good times over the years .. it is brutally hard to find groups past HL and ends up feeling like just another quest grinder as a result. I know the potential is there and im hoping beyond hope that F2P will revive low level areas ... but how can anyone expect us not to be skeptical with the laundry list of crappy F2P conversions out there? Dollars to Doughnuts they are going to dumb down leveling or something in the process.

The sad truth is that you are probably right. If Soe has any intelligence they would bringthe difficulty level back closer to it's original rendition.

It has to stand out and be different from the competition

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453

Umm im sorry but vg isnt hardcore and was never designed to be. Its death penalty is no where near harsh. You can summon all your items back to you if you dont want to retrieve your ts,and the exp penalty either way is minimal. It isnt the worse game ever made by far but it is subpar and again always has been. Whatever potential it had at one point was forever lost when $oe gave up on development and even if ftp eventually brings more content it will be cookie cutter crap.

Anyone expecting some population surge from ftp will be in for a rude shock. Its already summer and no news on when it goes ftp and even more telling virtually no bug fixes since ftp announcement. The game is little different bug and performance wise than it has been the last 4 years. There were numerous free time periods given out to win back old players and free trials to entice new players in that time and it didnt stick then and it wont stick now without major improvements.

• MedsiMedsi Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I love and will always love VG for being within and outside of the mold at the same time. The crafting system, and my favorite diplomacy system are unique. Classes are also unique enough that replayability is vast and encompassing.

I also just enjoy taking my boat out. What I don't like are the bugs, the zone lines, and the myriad of issues. A high end gaming computer that chokes on an older MMO... that said, I'll go back with F2P. I would even if it wasn't F2P as part of my usual cycle through old games.
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

i'll be there come august 14th

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453
    Originally posted by Nadia

as mentioned, VG goes ftp 08/14

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/newsArchive.vm?section=News&month=current&id=1437

http://www.vginterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2795

By wasting the last 5 months on crap that didnt need to be done and ignoring any bug fixes or performance tweaks they have officially flushed their last chance at saving this game down the toilet.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Edit...nevermind. heh