Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is no sense of community.

clbembryclbembry blaine, MNMember Posts: 94
For the longest time I've been trying to find my place in World of Warcraft, but I feel like what I'm looking for isn't there. I want to join a guild where I can just randomly hop on voice chat and have a conversation with people. SHOW ME THE WAY.

Comments

  • CcDohlCcDohl Atlanta, GAMember Posts: 65

    Have you looked at your realm forums or the guild recruitment forums? Most any guild that does endgame will have a vent server.

     

    Finding one that isn't full of maladjusted manchildren is the hard part.

  • clbembryclbembry blaine, MNMember Posts: 94
    Why aren't there server specific guild recruitment forums? Or are there on battle.net?
  • NadiaNadia Topsham, MaineMember Posts: 11,866 Uncommon
    Originally posted by clbembry
     I want to join a guild where I can just randomly hop on voice chat and have a conversation with people. SHOW ME THE WAY.

    goto the Realm forums - review the guilds advertising on your server or advertise yourself

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/

     

    or just use the Guild Finder ingame

    http://www.wowwiki.com/Guild_Finder

     

     

     

  • clbembryclbembry blaine, MNMember Posts: 94
    I'm on Illidan, one of the most popular PvP servers. You would think there would be a PvP guild or 2 advertising, but there isn't.
  • NadiaNadia Topsham, MaineMember Posts: 11,866 Uncommon
  • PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAMember Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by clbembry
    I'm on Illidan, one of the most popular PvP servers. You would think there would be a PvP guild or 2 advertising, but there isn't.

     

    I just looked at the forums and saw about 5 guilds recruiting in about 3 seconds of looking. Are you looking in the US?

     

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1181767/

  • clbembryclbembry blaine, MNMember Posts: 94
    They are all raiding guilds.
  • NadiaNadia Topsham, MaineMember Posts: 11,866 Uncommon
  • PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAMember Posts: 1,784
    You could also look for other like minded individuals and form your own PvP guild. Then advertize on the forums so others like yourself can find you.
  • ZairuZairu Portland, ORMember Posts: 469
    Originally posted by clbembry
    For the longest time I've been trying to find my place in World of Warcraft, but I feel like what I'm looking for isn't there. I want to join a guild where I can just randomly hop on voice chat and have a conversation with people. SHOW ME THE WAY.

     

     

    voice chat makes me cringe.

    the biggest immersion breaker for me in MMOs is listening to people talk about random shit, unreleated to the game. but i understand, i am not the majority here.

  • ZairuZairu Portland, ORMember Posts: 469
    Originally posted by Psychow
    You could also look for other like minded individuals and form your own PvP guild. Then advertize on the forums so others like yourself can find you.

    image

     

    i agree that people that complain about lack of community in games, need to try and create one.

  • clbembryclbembry blaine, MNMember Posts: 94
    I don't have the experience to start my own guild, otherwise I would.
  • clbembryclbembry blaine, MNMember Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Zairu
    Originally posted by clbembry
    For the longest time I've been trying to find my place in World of Warcraft, but I feel like what I'm looking for isn't there. I want to join a guild where I can just randomly hop on voice chat and have a conversation with people. SHOW ME THE WAY.

     

     

    voice chat makes me cringe.

    the biggest immersion breaker for me in MMOs is listening to people talk about random shit, unreleated to the game. but i understand, i am not the majority here.

    I'm not trying to immerse myself. I'm trying to share my WoW experience with the 9 million other subscribers.

Sign In or Register to comment.