Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's talk endgame.

otinanai123otinanai123 Member Posts: 265
You just dinged 80. You don't like leveling alts and want to finally experience GW2's endgame. What will keep you occupied for a whole year until the next expansion?

Comments

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350

Erm..

Legendary Weapons

WvWvW

sPvP

Dynamic Events

Traveling to the lands I Didn't go to and do stuff there.

The Combat System itself is a huge draw

Better looking gear (It's only cool to fight if you're fighting with swag mate)

Exploring the maps and try to do map completes

Choreographing my own GW2 musical about ninjas who steal turnips from baby charr who are sick with the Nornish plague.  (I may need help with this one..)

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Gurpslord

Erm..

Legendary Weapons

WvWvW

sPvP

Dynamic Events

Choreographing my own GW2 musical about ninjas who steal turnips from baby charr who are sick with the Nornish plague.  (I may need help with this one..)

This and dungeons.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Erm..

Legendary Weapons

WvWvW

sPvP

Dynamic Events

This and dungeons.

bah I forgot dungeons!  Okay okay okay, I guess I can squeeze dungeons in right after I finish the musical..

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Erm..

Legendary Weapons

WvWvW

sPvP

Dynamic Events

This and dungeons.

And updates in between expansions.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    GW2 doesn't have typical endgame.  It has "all game."
  • MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204

Erm..

Legendary Weapons

WvWvW

sPvP

Dynamic Events

This and dungeons.

also Orr

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426
    Originally posted by otinanai123
     You just dinged 80. You don't like leveling alts and want to finally experience GW2's endgame. What will keep you occupied for a whole year until the next expansion?

Another game that does not have a subscription.

Thats the beauty of games like this...I can stop playing at any time, come back at any time, spend money if I want to at any time and never feel like I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING IN GAME to get my subscription monies worth.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

What endgame?

Seriously, the entire game is endgame, so I'd say if you hit 80 and want to keep playing then go do the other areas you haven't done yet.  The downscaling feature makes it actually fun to go into lower level areas.  Once you've done all the hearts, exploring and DEs in an area, move to the next.  Once you've got the whole world covered, you can move to crafting, or PvP, or WvWvW or the different versions of each dungeon run.

Once you've done all that, you can go back to the areas in the world and find new DEs.  Anet has stated over and over that they will be constantly adding and removing content like that.

Did I mention minigames?

Unless you spend 8 hours/day 7 days/week playing GW2, there will be plenty to do before the next expansion comes out.

P.S. I forgot to add Personal Story (when does that stop anyway???), daily/weekly/monthly achievements, titles, pet and minipet collecting......you get the picture.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

Originally posted by MercAngel

Erm..

Legendary Weapons

WvWvW

sPvP

Dynamic Events

This and dungeons.

also Orr

Well I figured that counted for DE's, the way they explained Orr was that it's like an PVE version of WVW, but only time will tell.

So Orr might count away from that.

Also someon added in the updates like I know for example player housing and guild halls, customizing those. I'm sure DE's might be changed or added in as time goes on as well. 

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Originally posted by evolver1972

What endgame?

Seriously, the entire game is endgame, so I'd say if you hit 80 and want to keep playing then go do the other areas you haven't done yet.  The downscaling feature makes it actually fun to go into lower level areas.  Once you've done all the hearts, exploring and DEs in an area, move to the next.  Once you've got the whole world covered, you can move to crafting, or PvP, or WvWvW or the different versions of each dungeon run.

Once you've done all that, you can go back to the areas in the world and find new DEs.  Anet has stated over and over that they will be constantly adding and removing content like that.

Did I mention minigames?

Unless you spend 8 hours/day 7 days/week playing GW2, there will be plenty to do before the next expansion comes out.

P.S. I forgot to add Personal Story (when does that stop anyway???), daily/weekly/monthly achievements, titles, pet and minipet collecting......you get the picture.

Damn I forgot all taht. Honestly though endgame starts at level 35 IMO or level 30 when ever the 1st dungeon starts, but even though there isn't technically endgame when we hit 80 I doubt the all the stuff listed would have been done, like I might not touch explorable dungeons till I hit 80, I know after experience I'll most likely not go for WVW heavy, till I get close to that level.

I forgot about Personnel Story.

So much [viable] ish to do, I'm glad they didn't literally half ass on anything like most mmo devs do. Though that's subjective like crafting could be considered half ass'd to folks I think.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

What endgame?

Did I mention minigames?

Maybe the one they talked about a couple weeks back? ;P

The one which sounded like a PVE version of WvW.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

I play a realworld game called "marriage". It has endgame with advanced economy and lots of drama. Endgame is called "divorce". I feel quite lucky that the rush to endgame is not high on my agenda.

Game however is both challenging and fun but the sub-fee is a bit steep.

In GW2 I expect to look for the same minus the sub-fee.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Originally posted by Halandir

I play a realworld game called "marriage". It has endgame with advanced economy and lots of drama. Endgame is called "divorce". I feel quite lucky that the rush to endgame is not high on my agenda.

Game however is both challenging and fun but the sub-fee is a bit steep.

In GW2 I expect to look for the same minus the sub-fee.

Marriages only have an endgame if they are bad ones. Just like MMOs. ;)

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

The game plays pretty much the same all the way through. You do what you like when you want. We didn't get to do a whole lot with dungeons, working toward gear (legendaries, crafted, token), or competitive PvP during beta but they will be part of it once the game goes live. The world is huge and there's lots to discover if you're into exploring. There are achievements, world bosses, and mini games, too. The game world will be changed as the game progresses so revisiting areas that you've already been to can feel like a new experience.

The game is what it is. ANet didn't forget to add "end-game" to GW2. The game plays pretty much the same way at 80 as it does at 2 because that's how it was designed... just like Call of Duty, Diablo or Skyrim play pretty much the same way when you first start as it does months later.

I get that some people feel like the only real end-game in a MMO is raiding 2 nights a week and standing on mailboxes for the rest but this game doesn't have that. (There are no WoW style PvE raids or mailboxes to stand on.)

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by Distopia

What endgame?

Did I mention minigames?

If you mean Orr, it sounds really fun too, but I don't think that necessarily qualifies as "endgame", at least not the way most people think of it.  But it is intended only for those who have leveled to 80 so I guess that's endgame.

And I'm sure you got this, Distopia, but I was referring to an earlier statement from Anet that the whole game is intended to be played as "endgame".  In other words, there is no fundamental shift in play from level 2 to post-level 80.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Distopia

What endgame?

Did I mention minigames?

If you mean Orr, it sounds really fun too, but I don't think that necessarily qualifies as "endgame", at least not the way most people think of it.  But it is intended only for those who have leveled to 80 so I guess that's endgame.

And I'm sure you got this, Distopia, but I was referring to an earlier statement from Anet that the whole game is intended to be played as "endgame".  In other words, there is no fundamental shift in play from level 2 to post-level 80.

Yeah I got it, IMO though a lot of the spreading of that statement of "End-game starts at level 2 " was really spread around because we didn't know of their actual end-game plans. Which is understandable considering they're just now talking about endgame in recent weeks.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991
    Oh, this topic, yet again.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

WvsWvsW for me. Does it work? It did for Dark Age of Camelot, I never got bored with RvR.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

Im not sure we can accurately answer this stupid question. Right now all we have is word on what the endgame will be by the developers. We dont have solid info the dungeons or ay other special above lvl 80 things to do.

What we do know is the obvious:

do PvP in both flavours(pvp and wvw)

repeat or find new events

repeat dungeons of lower levels

grind for:

special weapons

leveling up crafting jobs

titles

be the richest player in the world

etc

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    I fully expect WvWvW to be at least a year's worth of fun alone.  On top of that achievement hunting, minigames, SPvP (which I intend to do competitively), and legendary weapons should be more than enough for a year (or five) worth of entertainment.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    all the dungeons , explorable 1 are HARD AS HELL , and since u delevel to the dungeon lvl u can enjoy it
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

End what now? End who what?

The days of rushing to max are over dude, time to join the mature gameplay. Just sayin.

• Thornz2000Thornz2000 Member Posts: 135

Hard to talk end game if the game is not out yet.

Try this in about 2mo from now.

The world we know is going away http://www.graystatemovie.com/
    Look up Agenda 21 as well.

• otinanai123otinanai123 Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by itgrowls

End what now? End who what?

The days of rushing to max are over dude, time to join the mature gameplay. Just sayin.

What exactly is a "mature gameplay"? Casual?

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    well, seeing that I don't feel compelled to rush through content to get the best bang for my buck, that's going to be a long ways down the road. I think I'll start on the first expansion, or play some WvWvW, run some dungeons or work on getting some really cool looking gear.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.