Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Sad Day =(

13»

Comments

• paroxysmparoxysm Member Posts: 437

These people are everywhere now.  They repeat the same nonsense over and over again.  Usually with increased volume for mic'd games and with more !s for text.  They do it just to try to push your buttons or entice you into an arguement.  They think if they can induce some anger in you enough to respond that they somehow won something.  These people should be sterilized.

I've played some mw3 in the last few days.  Every match two of these idiots will go at it spouting a repetition of the same insult at each other until it finally devolves into a continuous monotone sound to drown out the other person.  I like to imagine the sound is them choking on their own microphone. 

Sadly, it's not just a gaming thing anymore.  These people act like this in normal life as well.  At this point, I welcome the zombie apocalypse.  It would be an upgrade in social etiquette.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Originally posted by Gajari
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Originally posted by Mrlogic
    Should be possible to take screen and file a complaint for verbal harassment.

or you could grow a pair! Reporting someone for calling you names on the internet is redundant and slightly childish.

Being trolled in chat is childish.

Reporting the troll is childish.

So apparently maturity in this generation is only measured by how much you can be insulted on the internet without reporting any of the people doing so?

The only thing childish here is your thoughts on the subject. 

Sorry but i don't get upset when someone i don't know calls me names in a video game, maybe you are just too sensitive.

The point is not anyone's sensitivity. I ignore most negativity that comes my way. I'm just saying that whether or not you get upset from it, your opinion is still the most childish part of this whole thing. You shouldn't attempt to set the bar of maturity when you don't understand the concept.  

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

I think the guy is either trolling, foreign ("foreign" in this case meaning not from North America or Europe), actually 12, or some combination of the three. The way he types really seems like he learned English from playing MapleStory or something rather than in school or from actual socializing.

I ran into my own group of dense players in sPvP. I was the only one on my team capping points (which proved futile), and everyone else was fighting at the spawn. When we lost, one guy on my team started bitching and name-calling about "spawn camping". When I told him that name-calling just makes him look like a bad player, people on the other team thought I was calling them bad and started calling me names. The entire thing erupted into a free-for-all flame war until the servers went down.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    ...I see douche people...they don't even know they're douches...

They are everyone man, real life and online.  Douchebags are douchebags whether online or not, it's worse online obviously.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I am actually wondering how arenanet is going to handle this.  Banning people means they need to spend another $50 to get a new copy of the game, in the end they will learn to behave. No reason not to ban people that disbehave, as there is no monthly fee keeping Anet from banning retards.

Do you believe that perma bans are that common to make the case or think that people will buy a new copy because of 3 or 7 day ban...?

When you don't rely  on subscription revenues you have  much less incentive to ignore your terms and conditions.

OP you get idiots in all walks of life, incomprehensible Neanderthals are pretty low on the scale of irritant. I get far more upset by people that screw up pugs that can be an hour or two of your life wasted. GW 2 has mechanisms that render someof my pet peeves moot.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by st3v3b0
    That is THE one thing I hate about "free 2 play" communities.  The maturity factor drops through the floor.

Every community has its bad players, but I do agree that the B2P/F2P communities usually have a higher ratio of them.

Games that focus on PvP, especially eSport brand PvP, are usually even worse.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

Oh please... I've already engaged WoW-fanboy-trolls in ZONECHAT during the FIRST BWE.

With great games come great trolls. (And really, anything that flashes brightly on a big screen attracts a portion of your average kiddies...)

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187

OP, is that you?

• AthisioAthisio Member Posts: 72
    I ran out of cheetos. Now its a Really sad day.......
  • GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189
    I actually enjoy ragefits from others in pvp. I just answer short and calm and they rage even more. Kinda fun sometimes.
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Originally posted by Grimmx
    I actually enjoy ragefits from others in pvp. I just answer short and calm and they rage even more. Kinda fun sometimes.

That's pretty much exactly what I did. =P

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Originally posted by Buttski

OP, is that you?

Huh ?

What exactly are you on about ?

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    hope the black/ignore/block list is "infinite" in GW2 :)
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Some people are just idiots.  Lets pray he acts like this all the time so he can be ostracised from teams and guilds.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    seen the LARGEST pile of crap in the P2P games everywhere. Elitest Jerks, morons like what the OP was showing us in PVP. Trust me, only a small number of P2P will be converting and that's a good thing. Keep them screamers away from my game GW2!
  • xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275
    OOriginally posted by mmoguy43
    Pic or it didn't happen image

Oh look, here's one right now!

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    I guess all this happend on a NA server.
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Locked temporarily for cleanup.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.