Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's do this -- Guess GW2's final CRITIC metacritic score

Comments

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

Oh btw. I voted "< 70" because I have the lingering suspicion the majority people and the world of MMOs just aren't ready for GW2 yet.

(And because some people just don't get it. They'd fail to comprehend innovative greatness if it ran them over with a steam-bicycle.)

• OnecrazyguyOnecrazyguy Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by Mrlogic
    Yea,... 93-97ish... any score lower than that would surprise me alot!

ROFL, what MMO has EVER had a score that high? Ever? I mean really, ever??

The reality is that many of the "pro" scores are based less on the game and more on the hype, advertising budgets and love for the particular studio.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Indrome

Oh btw. I voted "< 70" because I have the lingering suspicion the majority people and the world of MMOs just aren't ready for GW2 yet.

(And because some people just don't get it. They'd fail to comprehend innovative greatness if it ran them over with a steam-bicycle.)

So I have to ask...do you honestly believe that the majority of critics will rate GW2 below 70%?  This just seems out of the realm of the faintest possibility to me.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

Originally posted by Onecrazyguy

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

I've chosen 77 - 79% not because I don't like the game, but having stepped back after three beta weekends I still want to see much more of the game before I get carried away and mark it above 80% I spent the last beta weekend playing WvW and didn't go to bed until the game closed so had a marathon 11 hours without sleep and that's something I've not done since my early EQI days.

I'm not a fan of the graphics and always esc the cut scenes as they bore the hell out of me, however I do underastand it helps with the story and if that floats your boat then it's all good. But I am not looking for fluff just a game i can get stuck into with little or no effort at all.

Now GW2 does give that to me and the things I dislike will not prevent me from playing when the game goes live, Like I've posted on a few post I am already getting withdrawel symptons and thats can only be a good thing, however I hope that once it does go live that it has enough to keep me playing long after it's release date. Only time will tell.

Bandit

Asbo

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

The reality is that many of the "pro" scores are based less on the game and more on the hype, advertising budgets and love for the particular studio.

Edit: Umm... lulz.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

Neither score is valid. Critic score is based off of critics, who are regularly paid off by publishers. I've seen sites like Gamespot lambast a game and still give it an 8.

User scores rely on users. i.e. People. Dunno if you've met people, but they are morons. You'll get a ton of 0s from people 0-ing a game for nonsensical reasons or just to troll, and people 10-ing it for the same. 

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

I roughly guess it would be around 85% - 89% critic wise, but a 50% user wise because:

1. ITZ TOO HARDZ!
    2. ITS 2 EAZY!
    3. ITS NOT LIEK WOW!
    4. ITZ TOO MUCH LIEK WOW!
    5. ARENANET PROMISED COMPLEETLY DYNAMIK EVENTZ AND THEY ARENT!
    6. ARENANET NEEDS TO HANDHOLDS US MORE CUZ WE CANT THINK 4 OURSELVEZ!
    7. ARENANET IS TOO CAREBARE!
    and about 100 other contradictory opinions.
  • OnecrazyguyOnecrazyguy Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by colddog04

Alright fair enough, you found 1, baerly within the range, the biggest in the industry ever and never again matched. Do you really think GW2 is another WoW in the works? I doubt it, but not because I think WoW is the best game ever, more because I think a large part of their success was "first mover". I don't think you'll see someone with a new MMO take the market to say 50M monthly subs (same order of magnitude WoW changed the industry by).

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by Creslin321

Oh btw. I voted "< 70" because I have the lingering suspicion the majority people and the world of MMOs just aren't ready for GW2 yet. (And because some people just don't get it. They'd fail to comprehend innovative greatness if it ran them over with a steam-bicycle.)

So I have to ask...do you honestly believe that the majority of critics will rate GW2 below 70%?  This just seems out of the realm of the faintest possibility to me.

Oh leave me to my sarcasm. Of course not. But I will read the reviews of those that do with utter delight.

Its just a faint hunch that a great number of critics will get hung up on something or other...

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Why do you even... I don't.... Metacritic? Seriously? You might as well ask a homeless person in your town for an opinion. It will probably be more valuable. 

It'[s not even the fact that reviews are bloated most of the itme and rarley contain any useful information, and the fact scoring system is flawed by design. It's moslty the fact Metacritic is random. Some large sites aren't included, but a random blog of some nobody can be. Then there is alos a fact that most "professional" reviewers don't simply have time to play a MMO for long enough to be able to give a honest opinion. Especially if they aren't fans of the genre (which is quite common).

Oh btw. I voted "< 70" because I have the lingering suspicion the majority people and the world of MMOs just aren't ready for GW2 yet. (And because some people just don't get it. They'd fail to comprehend innovative greatness if it ran them over with a steam-bicycle.)

Oh leave me to my sarcasm. Of course not. But I will read the reviews of those that do with utter delight.

Its just a faint hunch that a great number of critics will get hung up on something or other...

Hehe yeah maybe Jim Sterling :).  Still, I think that most critics will rate GW2 in the upper 80's to 90's range.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Alright fair enough, you found 1, the biggest in the industry ever and never again matched. Do you really think GW2 is another WoW in the works? I doubt it, but not because I think WoW is the best game ever, more because I think a large part of their success was "first mover". I don't think you'll see someone with a new MMO take the market to say 50M monthly subs (same order of magnitude WoW changed the industry by).

No, I personally think it'll get like an 87 like I wrote above and that people that say 93 - 97 are insane. The world has changed and people expect more out of their MMORPGs than they did in 2004. GW2 is still a pretty damn fine game though and will likely receive a pretty good meta-score.

Alright fair enough, you found 1, baerly within the range, the biggest in the industry ever and never again matched. Do you really think GW2 is another WoW in the works? I doubt it, but not because I think WoW is the best game ever, more because I think a large part of their success was "first mover". I don't think you'll see someone with a new MMO take the market to say 50M monthly subs (same order of magnitude WoW changed the industry by).

Yes :).

You can disagree if you like...time will prove one of us right.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I said 100. What about user scores?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

So high it's nickname will be "Nadia." image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by bcbully
    I said 100. What about user scores?

Start another thread :).

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I hope it's in the high 80's, and justified for such a high score.

Hopefully everyone will be able to log in the exact moment it goes live so the user metascore doesn't turn into a 3 from the raging idiots out there.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Obviously there are reviews and there are "reviews" as well, some of them are so horribly written you don't know if the reviewers actually played the games in question, however since this is an overall "guessing" thread I'd say anything between 90-100. I vote for 93-97 for a more precise score, maybe closer to 93 though. I'm not sure about the user score, user scores can be taken seriously only after a few thousand votes, same with the game ratings on MMORPG.com anything below 1000 votes isn't "enough".

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

<SCORE REDACTED>

Talking about critic score here, not USER score.

So wait, the score for GW2 is an SCP?

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Originally posted by MadDemon64

So wait, the score for GW2 is an SCP?

Heheh I had been listening to Merry Christmas from Chiron Beta Prime when I wrote that.

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266

Voted highest option, but to talk about wether or not its reliable:

I dont pay attention to numbers, but sites that aggregate reviews are definetly a way to judge a product. Whatever i buy, be that a physical item or digital item, after i'm convinced i'd like to buy it, i read negative reviews. I read what people hate. And if i understand that i can live with that, or that reviews are wrong/trolling/disgrunted for no reason, i buy it. If i see obvious flaws, i do not.

Metacritic might suck as an aggregated number provider, but it still provides much needed diversity of reviews all in one place. That's awesome and very useful.

Originally posted by IstrebiteI

Voted highest option, but to talk about wether or not its reliable:

I dont pay attention to numbers, but sites that aggregate reviews are definetly a way to judge a product. Whatever i buy, be that a physical item or digital item, after i'm convinced i'd like to buy it, i read negative reviews. I read what people hate. And if i understand that i can live with that, or that reviews are wrong/trolling/disgrunted for no reason, i buy it. If i see obvious flaws, i do not.

Metacritic might suck as an aggregated number provider, but it still provides much needed diversity of reviews all in one place. That's awesome and very useful.

I agree.

I don't get why so many people hate metacritic...I think it's a very useful resource.  Even if there are some idiotic reviews on there, there are normally a lot of good ones as well.  And at least the critical reviews attempt to justify their opinions, and don't just give 0/10 because "it's a steaming pile of crap."

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    I'm guessing 8x. The lack of endgame will probably get noticed by critics.
  • xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275

Worst poll setup ever.