Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Housing release date?

alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Im thinking on buying GW2 on release or near it but I did read on the Official GW2 site that housing will not be on launch day.

Any information about When will it be? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776
    ArenaNet will most probably say 'when it is ready'.
  • NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

There is no estimate on when player housing will be implelented, there is not even a real confirmation. So far, the best we have is a non-commiting "we're looking into it, after launch". 

If this feature is of high importance to you, I'd recommend to hold out until we know more.

• unknown769unknown769 Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by Shoju
    ArenaNet will most probably say 'when it is ready'.

as fas as i know there is not houseing in gw2 and really not nesesarry ,but if that ill be the case then yes   like you said they will say when its ready lol

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

This will be at launch.  Hopefully ANet will use this area for placing items in a housing manner sometime in the future.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Home_instance

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

this is what ANET said a year ago

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/18447-guild-info-discussion-thread/page__st__180__p__887047#entry887047

there will be no Guild Halls on release as we want to make Guild Halls a great experience and not just a "place". We will introduce player housing at some point after launch, and at that time we will also implement guild halls.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Housing will be part of your personal zone, and so it will be easy to implement these things after release or in an expansion pack. Maybe even through the gemstore, as its fluff and no must to have a house

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Housing will be part of your personal zone, and so it will be easy to implement these things after release or in an expansion pack. Maybe even through the gemstore, as its fluff and no must to have a house

You keep your hands outta my personal zone, mister man!

But yeah, agreed on the fluff aspect.  Instanced player homes aren't a necessity, and the gem store would be a perfect place.  Craftable furniture to sell would be nice for my pocket, er, the economy as well...

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by jdlamson75

You keep your hands outta my personal zone, mister man!

But yeah, agreed on the fluff aspect.  Instanced player homes aren't a necessity, and the gem store would be a perfect place.  Craftable furniture to sell would be nice for my pocket, er, the economy as well...

I´ll behave like i want in any personal zone, if i need to pee in a dark corner, i will do so ,)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

I will not be amused if they make housing a CS only thing :(.

IMO, the housing system would make a great end-game goal.  You could use skillpoints and gold/karma to buy upgrades for your house.  It would give max level players yet another thing they could do.

Honestly, I think a player playing for 3 months and occasionally buying stuff from the CS, is worth more money than a player who buys their house from the CS and leaves.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I really hope they add in customizable housing to your home instance...

I really miss that in UO, but hate the urban sprawl / wilderness destruction of open world housing (SWG, UO)

• AthisioAthisio Member Posts: 72
    I like the idea of housing. Personal instance or open world both i like. Also don't mind them putting it in the CS because the more money they make the more they have to spend on developing expansions.
  • IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    anyone see the video wildstar did for their player housing? it looks awesome. instanced housing is pointless because people can't see your house.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    anyone see the video wildstar did for their player housing? it looks awesome. instanced housing is pointless because people can't see your house.

ive visited many decorated player apartments in EQ2 - I dont think its pointless

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Nadia

ive visited many decorated player apartments in EQ2 - I dont think its pointless

they never felt part of the world to me, always felt like i was outside of the game.

• TombisGamingTombisGaming Member Posts: 1
    I think that player housing really matters when you can get to your house from an open world area, or an instanced map with thousand of other player houses, this would add a lil bit of sandy box to the game.(if you know what i mean). Thing is, if it´s only a player instance where some people may join in if they have a group with you, then what you are left with, is something like TOR´s player ships, useless and completly equal to other ships.
  • lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

I think a fair compromise is what LOTRO did with neighbourhoods, which are nothing more than a different instance of the same housing zone but those neighbourhoods are relatively big (4 guildhouses, 10 deluxe houses, 16 standard houses), there's 4 settings to choose from (in the starter zone of each race, the scenery is appropriate to that race as is the design of the houses).

That way you have real neighbours, can see which big garden trophy drops guilds had from raidbosses, set the access level for your house on group or user level so you could also open it up for the public if you wanted to etc.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

I didn't know about neighborhoods in LOTRO. That's a very interesting idea.

What if they took the guild islands from GW1 and combined it with LOTRO's neighborhoods? A guild can buy an island and members of the guild can build houses on it, with their guild hall located somewhere on the island as well. Maybe if you don't have a guild (or if your guild can only afford a hall and not an entire island), it would put your house (or your guild hall) on a neutral island, with the ability to move your house or hall to a different island if you wanted.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss