Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World Moderators are pissed off!

Comments

• hmulasmajichmulasmajic Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Baitness
    Originally posted by hmulasmajic
    Originally posted by Panthien

On ANY forum for that matter discussing disciplinairy actions is a violation of the eula/tos.

They explained why the thread was closed :

Thread has been closed as there are multiple discussions on the topic currently. Please feel free to continue this discussion in one of the many other threads contained in the forums.

Cheers,

Harlin
    Moderator of Awesome

"The Awesomest of Awesome"
    Wielder of the Awesome Doom Sword!

And here is the Source : http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=51359&page=2

As you can see the thread isnt deleted. it was just closed.

Took the liberty to look up his post history and the corresponding post, needless to say Im not suprised.

And yet here you are discussing the disciplinairy action. I find it rather funny how you don't mention the fact that I sent you a PM before I made any thread about you and I asked you why you closed my thread and I got no response.

I also find it funny how you have yet to explain why my original thread was closed in the first place.

You are digging your hole deeper and deeper buddy.  That is not the moderator for TSW forums, that guy is just quoting him.  Unfortunately for you, he also mentioned your post history, which upon looking at I saw you had already posted in one of the other discussions the moderator had posted about.

Then you went around trolling people and referring to them as "white knight fan boys."

Then you came here to complain about it.

Classy.

Not sure what this "post history" is all about because I have nothing to hide about my post history. The people I call "white knight fan boys" are indeed white knight fan boys. That doesn't have anything to do with my actual thread? So congratulations on that awesome investigative work detective?

Last I checked trolling is a reason you get banned from forums.  Also reposting deleted threads.  If you had nothing to hide, why are you leaving out the real reason you got banned and pretending you are just a benevolent informant trying to bring a secret conspiracy into the public eye?

It is clear to anybody that looks at your post history that you were just trolling.  Poorly.  Then the moderators came in and did their job.

Lmao, I have nothing to hide. You can freely go ask the mods on there why I was banned. They only have 1 infraction on record kids and that infraction is the one I got as described, I love this detective work going on in this thread.

• KraylorKraylor Member Posts: 94
    You were in the wrong 100%.  There is no other side of the coin, you were completely in the wrong.

Waiting on: The Repopulation

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

On ANY forum for that matter discussing disciplinairy actions is a violation of the eula/tos.

They explained why the thread was closed :

Thread has been closed as there are multiple discussions on the topic currently. Please feel free to continue this discussion in one of the many other threads contained in the forums.

Cheers,

Harlin
    Moderator of Awesome

"The Awesomest of Awesome"
    Wielder of the Awesome Doom Sword!

And here is the Source : http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=51359&page=2

As you can see the thread isnt deleted. it was just closed.

Took the liberty to look up his post history and the corresponding post, needless to say Im not suprised.

And yet here you are discussing the disciplinairy action. I find it rather funny how you don't mention the fact that I sent you a PM before I made any thread about you and I asked you why you closed my thread and I got no response.

I also find it funny how you have yet to explain why my original thread was closed in the first place.

Dont lie, you did not sent me any message , not here on mmorgp.com nor on the tsw forums, I think you are confusing me with someone else.

But Ill answer regardless, (its actually in the moderators post, copy pasted the reason why)

Joke is old dawg, doesn't work twice.

And the joke still is on you. Im not the moderator, this forum uses the same collor coding so collors do cary over, try it yourself.

You wanted to discuss why, sorry but the mod explained why and I copy pasted it to answer YOU asking why, the mod told you why, Ive told you a few times now WHY it was closed (not hard to copy paste a answer) in red.

Originally posted by Kraylor
    You were in the wrong 100%.  There is no other side of the coin, you were completely in the wrong.

Agreed, dont' care anymore the game was actually getting boring anyway.

I'll just leave this thread to rot now :)

TSW is designed to be a F2P and I am gonna revive this dead thread couple months from now when TSW goes F2P.

• ShadusShadus Member UncommonPosts: 669

yeah, you gave half a thread. Not feeling like I can give a shit about your ban.

If you're going to post forum posts you need to post responses too.

Shadus

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

TSW is designed to be a F2P and I am gonna rvive this dead thread couple months from now when TSW goes F2P.

We need night time moderators.

• KraylorKraylor Member Posts: 94

TSW is designed to be a F2P and I am gonna revive this dead thread couple months from now when TSW goes F2P.

I would like to see it revived as well.  You could be in the running for the MMORPG.com thread backfire of 2012 finals.

Waiting on: The Repopulation

Originally posted by Weretigar

TSW is designed to be a F2P and I am gonna rvive this dead thread couple months from now when TSW goes F2P.

We need night time moderators.

What YOU need is some Internet Police to protect those feelings.

Sorry just had to leave it at that one before I leave this tab on my browser and never come back.

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675

Gotta love this guy.  Tries to cause drama about TSW mods hoping nobody will look into it, then whines when people do.  Now we are all "detectives" because we had the ability to see through his crap.

In before he calls us "white knight fan boys."

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

I swear people have the memory span of gold fish, name one game that has offered a lifetime sub that hasnt failed.

Just one.

[mod edit]

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

Last I checked trolling is a reason you get banned from forums.  Also reposting deleted threads.  If you had nothing to hide, why are you leaving out the real reason you got banned and pretending you are just a benevolent informant trying to bring a secret conspiracy into the public eye?

It is clear to anybody that looks at your post history that you were just trolling.  Poorly.  Then the moderators came in and did their job.

+1

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

I swear people have the memory span of gold fish, name one game that has offered a lifetime sub that hasnt failed.

Just one.

[mod edit]

Considering that every MMO excluding wow and eve can be considered having "failed" at this point I hardly think that a lifetime sub is the determining matter in that case.

Anyways though, that wasn't specifically what this was about.  This thread was that person trying to accuse moderators of being biased when he was actually just being an ass.

• rusrecrusrec Member UncommonPosts: 52
    If it was my business and you were blasting my product in a public forum I would have told you to take your business elsewhere and banned you too for my sanity and yours.   You guys who think the company should do whatever YOU want them to do just because you bought their product are confused about how business works. 
  • FelconianFelconian Member Posts: 103

I really like this game!

However i am not a fan of the Sub + Cash shop combo ...but the cash shop is all about "bling" ...so if the OP could not afford that nice skirt he was looking at then ...dont complain ... I cant afford to by a Mustange 2012  model ..... you dont see me ripping off Ford.

But for the first time in my live i bought from a cash shop in a game that charges a sub.... Just because i liked the hunters coat... and that was pure vanity... 

So OP ... you rant is thinner than a chiken's leg which was starved for a year !

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319

lol. And what will you do with your "awesome" thread if TSW goes F2P? What difference will that have to your clueless thread? None. Absolutley zip, zero, nada... But do "revive" if it goes F2P. It probably will. Most MMOs does. Cause I wanna read more from you. Your posts has brought a smile to my face. Thankyou.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Just one.

Everyone knew TSW was a cash dash and grab and nothing more then that.

LOTRO was far from a failure before going F2P, and they offered a lifetime sub. Turbine just got greedy when they saw how profitable the model was for DDO.

That being said, I do think the lifetime sub for TSW is a bit of a cash grab.

Oh, and the OP deserved the ban, he was definitely trolling and flame baiting. Funcom's mods did the right thing.

• rusrecrusrec Member UncommonPosts: 52

One more thing, whining about being smacked down for doing something wrong is sooooo modern drama. 

Hers a tip:

Like it?  Play it

Don't like it?  Don't play it.

Feel free to apply that advice to many things in your life, stop whining about everything you dont agree with.  You remind me of all the people upset about Chick-fil-a.

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

Funny how all the fanbois come running to TSW mods side. Dont you guys ever question things?

Why is it a cash shop in a game with sub? So they can make all the nice stuff to put in there and make boring stuff for the subs? Im a pvp'er so i dont give a rats ass how i look, but i can really understand people that do mind getting irritated over this.

Where do they draw the line here?...does some of the decent looking stuff go to subs or not?:)

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

Just one.

Everyone knew TSW was a cash dash and grab and nothing more then that.

LOTRO was far from a failure before going F2P, and they offered a lifetime sub. Turbine just got greedy when they saw how profitable the model was for DDO.

That being said, I do think the lifetime sub for TSW is a bit of a cash grab.

Oh, and the OP deserved the ban, he was definitely trolling and flame baiting. Funcom's mods did the right thing.

Im sory, it went from sub based with life time sub, to free to play with a discount for the lifetime sub guys...

and this wasnt a cash grab because?

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

I should think the TSW mod Is an idiot.

Cos if he is a professional paid salary man, he could have handle all the customer rant way much more better.

If Funcom is my company , I have the mod fired cos of his incompetent to handle hard situation.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312
    Originally posted by Grimmx

Funny how all the fanbois come running to TSW mods side. Dont you guys ever question things?

Why is it a cash shop in a game with sub? So they can make all the nice stuff to put in there and make boring stuff for the subs? Im a pvp'er so i dont give a rats ass how i look, but i can really understand people that do mind getting irritated over this.

Where do they draw the line here?...does some of the decent looking stuff go to subs or not?:)

I'm 100% against cash shops in any shape or form but I don't understand why everyone's going apeshit about TSW's cash shop in particular. WoW started it years ago (p2p + vanity cash shop) and now every single MMO (P2P, F2P or B2P) does it.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    I totally agree with the 5th point. If you are paying a subscription for a game you should be able to access 100% of the content. Double dipping with a cash shop and a subscription is pathetic.
  • k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

Until Jan 2013 ???

Now that's an arbitrary ban !

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

I'm not known for being a big TSW and Funcom lover, so I'm relatively neutral and unbiased...

You were kinda looking for a ban, honestly. I'm not saying your first post wasn't legitimate, but discussing moderation decisions is frowned upon on most if not all forums, including here on mmorpg.com. What you should have done is send a complain to customer support, and not stirr the pot by trying to dispute the matter on the forum. I don't think the Funcom moderators were wrong here.

Just my 2 cents.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

I'm not known for being a big TSW and Funcom lover, so I'm relatively neutral and unbiased...

You were kinda looking for a ban, honestly. I'm not saying your first post wasn't legitimate, but discussing moderation decisions is frowned upon on most if not all forums, including here on mmorpg.com. What you should have done is send a complain to customer support, and not stirr the pot by trying to dispute the matter on the forum. I don't think the Funcom moderators were wrong here.

Just my 2 cents.

good point.  moderators are usually much more willing to send a polite response if you address them in a PM.  and ya, as indicated in the original post -- the opposite response will be had from a more public airing of grievances.

@OP

mostly, you have to remember you're not always going to get your way.  even if your way is the most just and true way :)

the main thing though about this, anyone who spends time on forums should remember:

whether you're right or wrong, never ever go to war with the moderators on any forum. it will end badly for you almost every time.  

i get it though if you just don't care anymore and wanted to go out with a bang.  but you seem to care, or you wouldn't have come here to tell us about it.

This discussion has been closed.