Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you play SWTOR F2P? (POLL)

Comments

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399

Sure I will. I haven't played it but having read the comments on these forums, it can only exceed my expectations. Bioware know how to tell stories and if I can experience those without spending a penny, then it's clearly a great deal. If some of the harshest criticisms of this game are valid, I get to play a Bioware single-player RPG for nothing. 

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

No, a small amount of money each month isn't the issue, it's time and I don't have the time to waste playing shit.

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140
    Only when they add
    - housing
    - proper space exploration /combat
    - bigger less corridor like planets with day night change
    - better graphics options
  • spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Playing 2-3 month Hutball several times a week was enough for me, I was looking for StarWars and not for little tiny pvp maps throwing a ball around or opening some doors.

• hh33hh33 Member Posts: 55

No chance.

SWTOR was garbage during beta, garbage at launch and will continue to be garbage when it goes F2P.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
       Free 2 play is great because you dont feel the need to play the same game all the time. I will be back because I loved the story line and look forward to more questing
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Nope.  I'll be busy.
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    they would have to pay me
  • SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186
    I will, just to see what all of the fuss is about.

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Originally posted by Tensor25

Voted yes.

I'm subbing now and I will continue to sub. Having a blast playing 5 different characters with a group of 5 friends.

I'm in my late 20's and am a casual gamer and a Star Wars fan and from that standpoint this game is just perfect.  We're usally able to log for a couple hours a night and wield a lightsaber, and for us that is just perfect. and i know there there are a lot of other folks out there that feel the same way.

[mod edit]

SWTOR is a casual players delight, great to pick up for a couple of hours

• Cameron27Cameron27 Member Posts: 142
    Ummm from reading their F2P chart I'm pretty sure they will make the free players buy every planet's content after Coruscant/Dromund Kaas except the storyline missions. If that's the case I would not play it.

"I will not play it nor any other MMO until they make it possible to obtain the best gear without forcing people to group up to do so." SwampRob

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    I loathe the combat in SWTOR, it's simply not enough for me to ever get any form of entertainment out of it.
  • AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Currently subscribed to SWTOR until Guild Wars 2 comes out.

When I get bored of Guild Wars 2... Maybe.

• saluksaluk Member Posts: 325

I recently started playing LOTRO again and am having a blast - restrictions and all. I will play SWTOR again when its free, if it remains open long enough for me to be in the right place. I would like to at least see to the end of one of the stories. But it's not going to make me drop everything to come back.

• mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119
    Yes I will. I bought the box version of the game when it released, played it for 1 month, but decided it is not worth 15$ a month for me. So, now, when it goes f2p, I would be very happy to return to SWTOR.
  • helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449
    Payed to play it at launch and it just reaffirmed how bored I am of themepark games. I fuckin loved lightsabers and the whole starwars world, but I can't do quests and levels anymore.
  • SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by Teala

Will you play SWTOR F2P?  No

</pShocke.. and you were always such a staunch supporter of the game! j/k. Anyway, I will have ~2500 coins when it goes FTP, so I don't see a downside to trying it.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• davestr1zldavestr1zl Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by Cameron27
    Ummm from reading their F2P chart I'm pretty sure they will make the free players buy every planet's content after Coruscant/Dromund Kaas except the storyline missions. If that's the case I would not play it.

Thats not true, you get every single bit of story content for free (class, planet, side, etc). You also get access to the entire rest of the game for free (flashpoints, warzones, space combat - everything bar operations), but the amount of which you can play them is limited to a yet unknown number

• Oph8Oph8 Member Posts: 177
    No. It wasn't worth the time pay a sub and it isn't worth the time free. I hope the game continues to die until the servers are forced to go offline.

"Everything is mine and your woman too"

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    Even a free turd is still just a turd. The best thing you can do with it is flush it, wash your hands and never think about it again. SWTOR is basically saying, hey, that turd is free now, stick your hand in the toilet and save it before it goes down! It is dead just let it go, it cannot compete with anything,anymore, even kids who play mmorpgs know that playing SWTOR is uncool and older players know that the game is bad. The best collective brainwashing in the world cannot save this nugget.
  • xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Originally posted by jmcdermottuk

I unsubbed because it was shit, how does it going F2P change that?

Agree as well!  that statement above by Tayah pretty much sums up everyones opinion that dumped it in the first place!!

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    I loved the stories (main quests) of each character...of course some more then others. I liked the combat. Did not care for the space game (if you want to call it that).  Would stay if it WEREN'T going f2p but I will not fund those freeloaders nor pay inflated prices in the coming item shop. As it stands now, I doubt I will ever play an MMO again.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    A game I want to play I am more than willing to pay for. So being F2P has little impact. Shallow play is still shallow play whether it runs $0 or $25 a month.
  • skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252

Voted No.

Made a post but will summarize my thoughts.

I think I can speak for most of us but we want to like this game BioWare. Turning it free to play, without changing or fixing the gameplay, will not bring people back. The one who actually spent money already.