Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you play SWTOR F2P? (POLL)

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Yes: if only to play the stories (classes) I haven't played through yet.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

For a time i will. But that time is finite in length.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Tensor25Tensor25 Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    Originally posted by Tensor25

Let the kiddies leave; games get much better when they do.

Yeah...like that even makes any sense. Felt so petty about needing to throw an insult you decided to throw out logic too eh?

where is the insult? i see an opinionated observation, but not an insult.

i have now higlighted the insult for your reference. thanks.

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
    Originally posted by Lanfea

a more interesting question would be: will you play swtor f2p and pay something for it?

no, because then i have to add answers like : yes, but I won't spend money. yes but, but, but etc. 

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I didn't mind TOR too much,  I never played WOW so I wasnt burned out of the type of game,  as a really casual MMO player these days I simply found the gear grind to be far too time consuming and yet another gear > skill pvp.  So the answer was no as paying a sub was never an issue for me but rather the game itself.   GW2 it is for me which I doubt I will get bored of due to its pvp mechanics and as my playtime is so limited.

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

It's one of "free" to play games.

Not worth 35 gb of bandwith.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

This will be one of the few I never return to. I just didn't like the way the game played. It's a shame too, because I absolutely adored my character but... I just can't imagine myself going back.

Also I'm sick of freemiums. I love the way Aion & Lineage II are doing their actual FREE to play.

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

After AoC I thought I would never buy another MMO at launch again as I got burnt but I was silly enough to buy WAR and was burnt yet again. The saying 'once bitten, twice shy' is a phrase I use myself but it is a pity I never took heed of that as I then got burnt again with SWTOR.

The one thing I can say about AoC is that I actually went back every now and then and had fun with it for a short period of time. With WAR, it was fun while it lasted before endgame fatigue set in.

With SWTOR, it is just mundane after you have completed it a couple of times and engame is really bad and the whole game feels more linear than AoC and WAR put together and they were very linear, so I would not touch SWTOR again unfortunately as I am one of those people who fell for all the hype and thought it would be the greatest new MMO out and I visioned myself playing it for many years to come.

One thing that I can say is that I will never pre order another MMO again and will wait a few months after release to see how it does before buying as long as it doesn't have anything to do with EA/Bioware.

• nightsoftnightsoft Member Posts: 15

F2P is the only chance this game now has to avoid the sub 500k death range for modern games. The problems with the games core design were just too much for most players to take, and the game lacked any kind of meaningful sandbox features to encourage devotion to the game.

It was a bad design direction decision, and this is the result. They were warned in Beta but instead chose to listen to those that championed full voice over and themepark design.

This is Star Wars. We want to live in the world, not just play in it. Perhaps they are just now beginning to understand that.

I will play F2P.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I'll play to finish out the story lines I started in the beta weekends.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Let the kiddies leave; games get much better when they do.

Yeah...like that even makes any sense. Felt so petty about needing to throw an insult you decided to throw out logic too eh?

where is the insult? i see an opinionated observation, but not an insult.

i have now higlighted the insult for your reference. thanks.

You got your other topic locked with your "opinionated observation" yet still can't figure this out?

Think you got bigger things to worry about than kiddies infesting your game. Oh...you're welcome.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I'm playing the trial now. Already the second planet grows boring (Corusant and Drummond Kaas), runnning, running, running through corridors...

I think I'll play it as far as bearable, that is if GW2 manages to bore me.

imageimage
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

The game does not contain what I am looking for in an MMO. I"ll be passing on this one.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Will you play SWTOR F2P?  No

• MrlogicMrlogic Member Posts: 178

I quit one month after launch but now that it will go ftp I might pick it up again, even if just for temporary distraction :)

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

Yes..yes 100 times yes. More games the better as long as they don't kill my wallet. ;)

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by jmcdermottuk

I unsubbed because it was shit, how does it going F2P change that?

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by AliceKaye

This will be one of the few I never return to. I just didn't like the way the game played. It's a shame too, because I absolutely adored my character but... I just can't imagine myself going back.

Also I'm sick of freemiums. I love the way Aion & Lineage II are doing their actual FREE to play.

I'm curious, have you spent money in either of those two games?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

It will be dead or maintence mode by march 2013. you can't save this thing. it needs to much work end of story and good riddens. on to the next.

• epf1epf1 Member Posts: 162

No!

SWTOR is way to to linear, shallow, predictable and just plain boring to waste any more time on. On top of that SWTOR doesn't even deserve to be called a MMORPG game, it's at most an ORPG.

• xxlilDevilxxxxlilDevilxx Member UncommonPosts: 245

No, I really hope the game will be the next SWG.

I was so disappointed by the boring world (dead world - npc not moving and empty), the linear arcade space combat.

PvP which is boring as hell...

the list goes on........too much to list.

Will be playing GW2 and all the other BETTER FTP games out there.

Whip cream and cherry on top of shit is still shit.

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574

I'm sure I will play it here or there, but Guild Wars 2 will be my main game going forward.

• spinesplitspinesplit Member Posts: 115
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by AliceKaye

I'm curious, have you spent money in either of those two games?

I am playing Lineage2 and Aion and i have not spent anything in either cash shop :)

A game has to be really good to get my sub at this point.

• LangsdorffLangsdorff Member Posts: 29

I never believed the hype in the beginning or during the first few months. I was sick and tired of hearing about "SWTOR", but I dread the 6 hour download and install on  the preface that I MIGHT like it based on a COOL video I saw on youtube. I'm likeing CoS, Minecraft demo. I liked EQ2 but too many new toons wore me out in the starter zoned, yet I might go back to see if I can finish out one that I started

Langsdorff

• Rommie10-284Rommie10-284 Member UncommonPosts: 265

Not a chance.  I'd play Mechwarrior Online before TOR, and MO is P2W to the point that the World of Tanks guys blush with embarrassment.  I'll watch the ship sink from afar, thanks.