Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Housing Detailed in New Video Diary

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The WildStar team is ready to reveal new information about housing in the game. According to the video, players can create houses on Nexus with a great deal of customization and freedom.

Q: Why should I bother with housing?

A: We set out to make housing a pillar of our game and one that brings more than just a place to decorate and hang out. We wanted players to use their homes for meet ups and as a one-stop hub for many of the other aspects of our game. WildStar's housing is more than a house and a plot of land, it is a destination within the game that they can make their own and use to their advantage. Our housing will offer something for everyone, whether you prefer fighting, crafting, socializing, participating in events or tooling with customization. We could go on for days on the pure benefits and features that will available within housing and why it provides something for everyone, but we'll be sharing more in the coming months.

Q: How does housing in WildStar differ from other MMO housing systems?

A: Let's just say that WildStar offers players more than the ability to stake their claim. We have many more details we'll reveal next year about the overall system, but we think players will be surprised and excited about the depth we plan to provide.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    I'm actually looking forward to the his game.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

i'm becoming more interested in this game in spite of myself

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

That was actually a cute, non cringe worthy video. Very effective and gives me hope that the humor in this game won't be too juvenile. More along the lines of Looney Tunes than Family Guy ( And yes it's a personal preference).

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

I really like the way this game is shaping up.  Looking forward to more information on it.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

I chuckled at "defensive" cannon.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • AthisioAthisio Member Posts: 72

The idea and theme of the game seems great. Not sure if i can get past the very very dated graphics.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

certainly looking forward to see the finished product, and will love housing if the commercial fits the actual features in game - is going to be great if they actually do put some work into non combat content....well do get to wonder what the "defensive" cannon in the backyard is for : P

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Just glad it's going to be a launch feature.   Far too many MMOs launch without Housing or never even consider it, which is sad as it's a whole new aspect to a game that can help MMOs with longevity issues.  I don't usually blame WoW for much, but I think they made the idea of housing in MMOs dwindle a bit.  About time it's making a comeback.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Prolly one of the best MMORPG 'promo' movies so far. And one that did get me interested in the game as well...

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

That video was the first trailer from an MMORPG that actually made me smile and chuckle. Goodjob! Also really looking forward to this game and the housing feature. Hopefully Beta testing for this game comes sooner than latter (I guess they'll need time to make it good though).

Smile

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Carbine, making my dreams come true...

...For money.

• MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405

I just miss the stealth castles of UO hehe.

actualy I did enjoy the video, and count me in the "looking forward to this game" group

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

A trailer trying to be funny and entertaining that does so. Congrats!

• JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430

that was funny :)

edit: tho, i hope there would be more housing styles offered.

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188

Omg.. that's fricken Win(tm). Dammit.. WHY did I have to see this!?

Gahhh now I want to play it... /sigh.

This looks really well done. I'll have to read up on this game now hehe.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

I really think this is going to be a great game. It's shaping up to have so much personality, and what I've seen of the combat so far looks interesting. I wasn't a fan of the graphics AT ALL at first, but it looks like they got rid of a lot of the specularity issues I noticed and hated before. It's looking much cleaner, like playing in a Pixar world. The more time goes on, the more I look forward to this.

It's NCSoft, and say what you like about their customer support (which I've never had a problem with personally), they generally have an eye for good games. With the exception of Ragnarok Online, it's only ever been games from and/or published by NCSoft that have proven interesting enough to play for more than a few months at a time.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Housing at release? How is this even possible?

Matt Firor (of DAOC FAME!), Lead Dev of TESO says that its "Too Hard" to implement housing in a MMO.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Oh maaaaan.  Okay now I have my next "big game" for which I must wait. :(   I hate that the wait is usually so anti-climatic (spelling? sorry), but wait again I must.

Can't deny that I'm excited for this one, much more than ArcheAge or other "serious" games.  I've always enjoyed the whimsy in games and this one looks like it might have some of that. :)

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

I didn't have my eye on wildstar before but i do now.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

Matt Firor (of DAOC FAME!), Lead Dev of TESO says that its "Too Hard" to implement housing in a MMO.

Yap. Once devs start telling you they didn't implement something because it's "hard" that's when you have to take a step back. Since when is something not worth doing just because it's a challenge? Devs taking the easy road to make MMOs has never proven effective. Some people never learn.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Funny stuff, great vid.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Keiichii83Keiichii83 Member UncommonPosts: 3

i want this game :)

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

Not just housing, but housing... IN THE SKY!!!

I look forward to building myself some 'defensive' cannons (gotta keep the rabbits out of my garden somehow).

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Haha, just great. I love housing, and really good presentation there.

Oh, and Carbine? We sci-fi fans are lacking a good space opera with some solid space gameplay on top of the planetary gameplay. If you guys could think about adding that down the line - with the very same whimsical style - it'd be really cool. 

That spaceship in that first trailer? Just let us fly it sometime. :)

• Keiichii83Keiichii83 Member UncommonPosts: 3

1:21 looks like  from world of warcraft  Nagrand :D