Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Hunter Blade: Open Beta Kicks Off

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,585MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Hunter Blade will officially kick of its open beta phase of development today, August 2nd. To celebrate, the devs are including five new features: Free weapon system, more difficult instance mode, family & clan, PvP melee and new pets.

If you are the old players of Hunter Blade, you must know that Hunter Blade has more modes of PvP, 1vs1, 2vs2, etc. This time you'll meet more challenge PvP system, pvp melee will be released and you have to survive in all of the Hunter Blade players. The battle is much bloody, while you will be awarded with shining tile and rewards.

Find out more about Hunter Blade.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• gene548gene548 Duluth, GAPosts: 12Member

too bad the downloader and installer still sucks ass

• cyress8cyress8 Croatia, VTPosts: 832Member

This game just gave me one hell of a laugh.  I looked at the icon and the little background picture of the game up top and thought it was a game with a dark tone.  Scrolled down.  Looked at the picture with a female using a hello kitty staff,  riding a boar with a pink bow.  Burst out laughing.

BOOYAKA!

• VyethVyeth Fayetteville, NCPosts: 1,459Member
    Originally posted by cyress8

This game just gave me one hell of a laugh.  I looked at the icon and the little background picture of the game up top and thought it was a game with a dark tone.  Scrolled down.  Looked at the picture with a female using a hello kitty staff,  riding a boar with a pink bow.  Burst out laughing.

Yeah, sometimes I am confused as well with asian games with somewhat serious atmospheres choosing to add anime fluff items like animal costumes and stuffed animals..

But I don't know, maybe that's just the culture.. I know one thing, I will not be hunting giant monsters with a hello kitty staff. Simply because it would totally destroy immersion for me.

• shantidevashantideva bongholmPosts: 186Member

Awesome, i'm getting 12,5 kb/s download speed on a 1,5 gig file...good job china.

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night, all day!"

• Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAPosts: 2,356Member Uncommon

I feel bad, I wonder how fast they pumped this out. They even spelled the game name wrong on the main forum. Hunder blade. It still could be fun, you never know.

• How did this make it on the feed?

"This time you'll meet more challenge PvP system"

" and you have to survive in all of the Hunter Blade players. "

" The battle is much bloody,"

" you will be awarded with shining tile " Ceramic Tiles!? I LOVE ceramic tiles!!!!!!

• FugglyFuggly Newport News, VAPosts: 141Member

sorry...........cannot correlate with hello kitty and PvP..............Does not compute

• pajulaaksopajulaakso TamperePosts: 7Member

no... just no.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Maplewood, NJPosts: 1,098Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Vyeth
    Originally posted by cyress8

Yeah, sometimes I am confused as well with asian games with somewhat serious atmospheres choosing to add anime fluff items like animal costumes and stuffed animals..

But I don't know, maybe that's just the culture.. I know one thing, I will not be hunting giant monsters with a hello kitty staff. Simply because it would totally destroy immersion for me.

Its not atmosphere, its plagiarism.  The game is a blatant rip-off of Monster Hunter, and steals materials from other IPs and slaps them into the game without any care for aesthetics.  Its not just Hello Kitty, its also Avatar and God of War, and probably many others.

I cannot recommend skipping this game enough.  This game needs to die.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• AdiarisAdiaris RomePosts: 381Member
    Originally posted by jeffyy

How did this make it on the feed? "This time you'll meet more challenge PvP system"" and you have to survive in all of the Hunter Blade players. "" The battle is much bloody,"" you will be awarded with shining tile " Ceramic Tiles!? I LOVE ceramic tiles!!!!!!

I laughed ;)
  • TheocritusTheocritus Gary, INPosts: 3,734Member Uncommon
        Hahaha this has to be a joke.....At least name it Hello Kitty Online 2 so we don't actually think its a serious game.
  • SinakuSinaku Austin, TXPosts: 481Member Uncommon

Can't believe a Monster Hunter clone is allowed specially in the blatant rip of animations and textures? Copyright laws are different in Asia so I get that but still. I tried it out and it really is like a hollow shell of MH...I'd just play MH Tri on Wii or play the Tai version of frontier.

• TerrornautTerrornaut Roselle, NJPosts: 11Member Uncommon
    super lol, ceramic tiles!

I appreciative mmorpg looking into so many mmos, but sometimes...I feel like there is no quality control, or lacking professional objective standards when it comes to reviews.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Freeland, MI, MIPosts: 1,122Member
    Originally posted by Sinaku

Can't believe a Monster Hunter clone is allowed specially in the blatant rip of animations and textures? Copyright laws are different in Asia so I get that but still. I tried it out and it really is like a hollow shell of MH...I'd just play MH Tri on Wii or play the Tai version of frontier.

I've been curious about how low quality games can look so good sometimes.  I think you just explained it.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.