Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z: New Website Launches

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The official website for the zombie apocalypse MMO, The War Z, is now live. The team behind the game also announced that over 100,000 players have signed up for beta testing in just 24 hours. The War Z is expected to head into beta testing very soon and is likely to be released in late 2012.

The War Z is an online, multiplayer, survival-simulation game set in an open world infested with zombies. Players are thrust into this post-apocalyptic world five-years after a viral outbreak that ravaged the human population and left, in its wake, a nightmare of epic proportion. Hordes of undead zombies roam the cities, and the few remaining human beings have devolved into a lawless, nomadic society where the sole objective is to survive at any cost. Players must use skill and cunning in order to acquire food, weapons and other supplies necessary for survival. While navigating the vast landscape, they will discover cities teeming with the undead as well as other players that may or may not be friendly.

Check out the official The War Z site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

MMO originality at it's best...

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

Of course I love the idea, but this game came out of nowhere. I just can't see how this will be any good.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Originally posted by Laserwolf

Of course I love the idea, but this game came out of nowhere. I just can't see how this will be any good.

Maybe that is the way games should be, come out of nowhere so the hype doesn't kill a game.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Some in game footage would be nice, I guess we will have to wait until this beta actually starts.

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Somehow I want to stay loyal to Dayz, but I'll give this a try.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

I tossed my money at their pre-order, but they didn't accept it yet!

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by Mephster

Maybe that is the way games should be, come out of nowhere so the hype doesn't kill a game.

yup thats the way todo it. - look at diablo3. final fantasy 14.  best examples to date.

Playing DayZ a bit this looks 'dead on'- no pun intended.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Registered for the closed beta and on forums. Seems like a simple game but then again so was DayZ.

• Iced0verIced0ver Member Posts: 49

Hopefully better than DayZ. It's okay, but god awfully boring, repetitve, and stressful at times.

• SilvermachinSilvermachin Member UncommonPosts: 13

Most important info i found on the faq side:

Are zombies fast like in Day Z?

No, They are described as classical "Slow" zombies and they go from roaming to limping as they try to run.

Yessss....most important thing to get a *dawn of the dead* feeling...:D

• AlexTaldrenAlexTaldren Member UncommonPosts: 21

I'd love to see the DayZ team and War Z to come together and do it right. Of course, competition between the two could produce good results as well.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Fusion

I tossed my money at their pre-order, but they didn't accept it yet!

It is a bit odd that they'd have links to a pre-order up when it doesn't appear to work.  At least it directs people to the beta sign-up form.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• p4r4cyt3p4r4cyt3 Member UncommonPosts: 18

The War Z is an interesting concept no doubt taken directly from Day Z, the popular mod for war sim ARMA II: Combined Operations.  I think this style of game is awesome, however it is not an MMO. 

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

This looks to have the exact same backend/infastructure as DayZ.

Only the front end/graphic engine has changed?

I wonder if Dean is actually behind this game.

:D

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

"Yes, not only that - you'll be able to rent a game server from inside the user interface without leaving the game. You will be able to choose server settings, configure things like public or private, password protection, allocate certain number of slots for your friends and clan members, etc. "

Never seen that done before. That's cool stuff.

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

Two words for ya :

Watch Dogs ;)

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

noone has mentioned an ex Riot games person is working on this this game will be tight!

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432

Like dayz and all this is looking good to and looks like it has some $$ching ching to fund it. I dont think dayz has the resources to keep up with this when it comes out

• PanteraRosaPanteraRosa Member UncommonPosts: 35

DayZ looks alot better than left for dead or i mean warZ

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by Silvermachin

No, They are described as classical "Slow" zombies and they go from roaming to limping as they try to run.

This sold me. Real zombies don't run. PERIOD. If they run, they're not zombies.

As Fry would say, "Shut up and take my money!"

• eugheuforceeugheuforce Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

You obviously didn't watch 28 days later.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by eugheuforce
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

You obviously didn't watch 28 days later.

Those were infected humans, not zombies. It's a good film, but I don't consider it a zombie flick.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

All these beta testors are going to be surprised how bad this game is.  Stick with Dayz it is a far better game, like light years better.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

All these beta testors are going to be surprised how bad this game is.  Stick with Dayz it is a far better game, like light years better.

You haven't even played War Z but yet the Day Z mod is better ? Ooook....

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

FINALY.....

The War Z is an online, multiplayer, survival-simulation game set in an open world

Meaning they call it what it really is and not tag the MMORPG label to it, atleast from what I read I definitly would call it what they call it themselfs.

And personaly I feel many games with the label MMORPG are just online multiplayer games, I just expect allot from a MMORPG and most MMO's today mostly deliver a online multiplayer game.

And nothing wrong with that as I can enjoy that. But when I enter a game genre I have certain expectations.