Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mega Bloks Figures Arrive in Stores

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Mega Bloks and Blizzard Entertainment have announced that figures based on World of Warcraft have officially arrived in stores. The 2012 release lineup includes Deathwing’s Stormwind Assault, Goblin Zeppelin Ambush, Sindragosa and the Lich King, and more.

Calling all dwarven blacksmiths and goblin engineers: The first sets in the Mega Bloks World of Warcraft line are now arriving in stores! Featuring highly detailed customizable figures, vehicles, and miniature models of some of the most iconic characters and places of Azeroth, these epic sets can now be found at retail outlets throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, as well as online retailers in Germany.

Check out each figure on the Mega Bloks site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

In the words of Peter Griffen

No louis Mega Bloks and Legos are not the same thing!

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

Saw a set in a local target last week. That particular set was meh, but some of the others look interesting.

Legos would be better.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Im sure Blizzard gets a bigger piece of the pie with mega blocks instead of Legos.
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Those are cool, I wouldn't buy them myself, but I can see how they would be a cool addition to the man cave of a wow enthusiast, my wife would never let me have those though :-(
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Between Pandas and now mega blocks, it kinda shows you the audience that Blizzard is shooting for with WoW.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I am on the fence about getting these.

On one hand it is World of Warcraft, which is awesome.

On the other hand, it is Mega Bloks, and I'm a lego guy.

What to do, what to do.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Talonsin

Between Pandas and now mega blocks, it kinda shows you the audience that Blizzard is shooting for with WoW.

I'm 31 and I'll be buying all of them for my 5 y/o son. Most 5-14 y/o's don't by their own toys... their parents do... and a lot of their partents play WoW. Pretty brillant if you ask me. 

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I like guy who comments about a target audience because of megabloks and pandas on video game forums lol little bit of hypocrisy don't you think? I know the author of this thread was hoping people would look at it like that too but that just makes the author a hypocrite as well, so what pandas and megabloks are not good for adults doh I said it, but video games are? Let's just all rip on each other since we don't all agree on the same things right? The bloks are cool and if your game had them you would buy them and put them on your shelf in your man cave too
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

why do Yanks call 'Lego' Legos?... its 'Lego'!

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Saw a set in a local target last week. That particular set was meh, but some of the others look interesting.

Legos would be better.

MEGAblocks IS compatible with LEGO... My son bought MEGAblocks dragons long ago (well, I bought them for him :p) and we were surprised that it 'clicked' with LEGO as well. Only difference is that MEGAblocks is a lot cheaper than LEGO when it comes to licensing...

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

Are the mega blocks free to play with?

No, but they are more accessible than Lego.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    Those are cool, I wouldn't buy them myself, but I can see how they would be a cool addition to the man cave of a wow enthusiast, my wife would never let me have those though :-(

One of the things my wife and I do together is put together Lego sets. Gives us another opportunity to spend time together other than farm work.

Maybe you should ask her if she'd like to try it?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Nice Christmas gift...
  • jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

My Nephew is 6 he would love those since he plays Wow and raids a few hours on sunday.

• DarthMooskaDarthMooska Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by expresso

Because noone plays with a single Lego. Do they say, "Get your lego out" where you're from?

I derive my strength from passion. Do you feel that? That is what seperates you and I, Jedi!

• EiviEivi Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by DarthMooska

Because noone plays with a single Lego. Do they say, "Get your lego out" where you're from?

They are lego bricks. They arnt Legos. Hence why europeans (where it was invented) call it lego.

• gaugemewgaugemew Member Posts: 158
    Originally posted by Eivi

They are lego bricks. They arnt Legos. Hence why europeans (where it was invented) call it lego.

If you say lego brick's.  Then the correct term for a single block would not be lego, it would be lego brick (singular).

Originally posted by gaugemew

If you say lego brick's.  Then the correct term for a single block would not be lego, it would be lego brick (singular).

We call the set/toy "Lego", a singular is a "Lego Brick". Who the hell only has 1 brick anyways?

My point being is the correct term should be garnered from the country of origin.

• KalmporosKalmporos Member UncommonPosts: 293
    And now you realise what's the current target audience of WoW.
  • DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238

We call the set/toy "Lego", a singular is a "Lego Brick". Who the hell only has 1 brick anyways?

My point being is the correct term should be garnered from the country of origin.

Actually the correct term is what ever is generally accepted in your area. For example, Coke is called "cola" or "soda" where I live but, if you travel two towns over you have to call it "pop" or they will look at you funny.  People in Denmark call them Lego. People in the US call them Legos.

Vivik-Cerberus
    Originally posted by Dfix

Actually the correct term is what ever is generally accepted in your area. For example, Coke is called "cola" or "soda" where I live but, if you travel two towns over you have to call it "pop" or they will look at you funny.  People in Denmark call them Lego. People in the US call them Legos.

In regards to this, the Danes are correct. Aint no such place as Legos Land

• DarthMooskaDarthMooska Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by Dfix

In regards to this, the Danes are correct. Aint no such place as Legos Land

That's because it isn't multiple lands. No reason to make Lego plural, as it's an adjective modifying land.

I derive my strength from passion. Do you feel that? That is what seperates you and I, Jedi!

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

I am on the fence about getting these.

On one hand it is World of Warcraft, which is awesome.

On the other hand, it is Mega Bloks, and I'm a lego guy.

What to do, what to do.

Seriously? Just bend over and do what all my middleage engineer collegues do: Go get competetive :)

Sure kids beat us but its fun.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)