Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Housing looks awesome!!

tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

i just saw the video about housing in Wildstar. It looks fantastic!!! Although I have played mmos for over 12 years I never did the housing thing. It looks like fun. And, FLYING HOUSES

Comments

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
  • WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

The videos really funny lol, I like the concept aswell.

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280

perfect for those who dont own a real house in real life.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Why isn't it up first on their official channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/WildStarOnline)? Tsk.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

I wasn't interested in the game until i saw this video.

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Istavaan

I wasn't interested in the game until i saw this video.

Ditto. I will be keeping an eye on WildStar.

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Speaking to Scooter on WildStar IRC it appears they wanted to give the actual PR Dept an exclusive to hand out, not just a community update (gets to places where other announcements can't reach!)

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679
    It's about time. Now that the era of wow clones got a death blow we can start to see some good stuff coming. looks cool.

• VaelgardVaelgard Member UncommonPosts: 65
    I had never even heard of this game before, and now I want it.  INNOVATION, people.   The name of the game.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    love the idea:) looks like fun

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCmxbeRk5qI

I'm liking the movement. Linkrealms' realms are very customizable.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    I hadn't given this game much consideration, but that housing video was quirky & entertaining, where I was thinking -- this game might be a lot of fun (as well as different) .. so great video, and I'll keep an eye on it now.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    the ability to place housing where ever one wants with endless options to do with that plot of land. oh gawd i see the SWG and AC1 lag fest all over again cause i have to load some idiots endless array of crap items for his/her plot of land.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• SomsbalSomsbal Member Posts: 222
    Will the housing be instanced or non-instanced?
  • solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203
    Originally posted by Somsbal

Hmm, haven't seen anything about that yet.

The norm these days is to go instanced, but their making use of the Z-axis gives me some hope that it can actually be non-instanced. 

I remember one of the developers talking about how the ability to change the terrain in the persistent world at runtime was a big deal in Wildstar. Maybe that plays into this, too?

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

first off, i didn't like the video.  i couldn't decide if it reminded me more of spongebob or fallout.  big fan of fallout.. not so much spongebob.

thankfully the content it was showcasing seemed really interesting and innovative.  i like the idea of houses floating in the sky as i hope it would counteract the urban sprawl that i hated so much in UO and SWG.

i think i'll pay more attention to this game from here on.  more stuff like this and a lot of us may give it a whirl.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by solarine
    Originally posted by Somsbal

Hmm, haven't seen anything about that yet.

The norm these days is to go instanced, but their making use of the Z-axis gives me some hope that it can actually be non-instanced. 

I remember one of the developers talking about how the ability to change the terrain in the persistent world at runtime was a big deal in Wildstar. Maybe that plays into this, too?

Don't know how you tend to lay your 3D grid, but I think you meant Y-axis (vertical).

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Don't know how you tend to lay your 3D grid, but I think you meant Y-axis (vertical).

do games usually do that?  that is very odd.. in mathematics the absolutely most common method i've seen is for y to be vertical in 2d and z to be the vertical in 3d.

but it doesn't really matter if you make x the vertical axis so long as you stick to the convention.  its just a label.

and the important part being the developers here thought to use that label, however it is defined!  now i'm hoping they used it to its fullest and are going to allow me an underground bunker!

• TheAncientTheAncient Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

do games usually do that?  that is very odd.. in mathematics the absolutely most common method i've seen is for y to be vertical in 2d and z to be the vertical in 3d.

but it doesn't really matter if you make x the vertical axis so long as you stick to the convention.  its just a label.

and the important part being the developers here thought to use that label, however it is defined!  now i'm hoping they used it to its fullest and are going to allow me an underground bunker!

It may be because many 3D applications used in the games industry have for years defaulted to x-horizontal y-vertical z-depth since it matches their camera/viewpoint system, and also when looking at screens (which are mostly viewed verticaly), pixels and objects are often referenced by x & y coordinates.

And +1 for bunkers too, ideal Guild quarters :D

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

Z-axis is pretty universally the depth in 3D graphics, at least in first and third person.

If your camera is high up in the sky looking directly down, then yes the Z-axis would be the height :)

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    The housing alone has me interested to try out Wildstar.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    I like the housing but I am still skeptical about the game as a whole. I think it will be the same old themepark cookie cutter mmo that we've seen a hundred times already. Which wouldn't be bad if it had difficult raids like vanilla WoW had.
  • junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Originally posted by denshing
    I like the housing but I am still skeptical about the game as a whole. I think it will be the same old themepark cookie cutter mmo that we've seen a hundred times already. Which wouldn't be bad if it had difficult raids like vanilla WoW had.

I have to agree.  The housing does look nice and I'm a big fan of housing in MMO's, especially if it is done well and is meaningful.  But kinda can't get my hopes up for another game.  So, I'll just keep an eye out on this one and hope for the best.