Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Head Start Dated & Timed

Comments

• demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438

Silly americans, thinking they are the only people in the world. Guild Wars has a very big EU following and these hours work for Arena net, so much more people are happy than pissed.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

1am here :P. Guess I won't get any sleep then :P.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Alot

9.00 AM for me, perfect timing. : )

Sounds awesome for me as well. :D

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by EzRdr

I'm very happy about this. I have the weekend to play and am taking 27 and 28 Aug of vacation time to get years of GW2 desire out of my system. 

I can´t do that but I feel that I am coming down with a cold. *cough* ;)

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ
    I might be a idiot, but how do I find pacific?

I live in Denmark and was wondering when it launches here

You are not an idiot, good sir. I can tell you that for you the game will launch at 9.00 AM. What an epic morning that will be. : )

• Slyther_ZeroSlyther_Zero Member Posts: 127

5pm on the Saturday in AEST.

It's better than the 12pm PDT that did for bwe, that shit was 5am for me :(

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

I probably won't be able to sleep that night 'cuz a de anticipation! Cruel world. °O

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

9AM for me in South Africa :D Woot!

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    Originally posted by Indrome

I probably won't be able to sleep that night 'cuz a de anticipation! Cruel world. °O

same lol

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Pfff the noob i am with timezone's, i cant even figure out what timezone i need to select -_-

I live in Netherlands thats GMT+1 i think :P ?

So i think we get to play at 9:00 in the morning correct ?

Originally posted by Mothanos
    Pfff the noob i am with timezone's, i cant even figure out what timezone i need to select -_-

Yup, 9.00 AM for the Dutch Empire.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Alright then :) !

But wheni select USA Los Angeles Timezone and press convert it says 07:00 :P

Bleh just keep pressing LOG IN at the Launcher always seem to work also xD !

• DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562

Awesome! 3 PM for us in Southeast Asia...

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished

Originally posted by Dookz

Just curious, on which servers will you be playing? EU or NA? And how were you able to purchase the game (assuming that you've done so)?

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758

Seems a pretty good time to launch myself. The Australasians get to play all evening, the Europeans all day, the West Coast US a chance to play for a couple of hours before sleep and the East/Central folks can wake up a few hours later and have all day ahead.

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    Originally posted by Mothanos

The UK/Ireland/Portugal are at GMT + 1 in the summer. The rest of western Europe including the Netherlands are at GMT + 2

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

9.00am in Spain ^^

Like it ! :D

• DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562

Just curious, on which servers will you be playing? EU or NA? And how were you able to purchase the game (assuming that you've done so)?

I and many others I know from different SEA countries will be playing in various NA servers that is a locked choice I believe.  From the previous betas, it was mainly Sea of Sorrows, Gate Of Madness and some on Crystal Desert.

I bought the game digitally through the official site. The box edition including CE will be in stock on 8/28/12 here in the Philippines. =)

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished

• NameWasTakenNameWasTaken Member Posts: 132

WHAT!! 2am in the bloody morning, just so I can secure my characters names!!

Ohforf'sake! Damn it! Nothing for it, but to get up early. Only 1 shot to get the name I want, without having to put "xxx"'s around it.

Originally posted by NameWasTaken
    WHAT!! 2am in the bloody morning, just so I can secure my characters names!!Ohforf'sake! Damn it! Nothing for it, but to get up early. Only 1 shot to get the name I want, without having to put "xxx"'s around it.

Are you going to use your current name? : )

• TWAYGARRTWAYGARR Member UncommonPosts: 1

No one is getting any sleep over at AN right now anyway...I think this is a great time to open up the severs, there wont be 100k+ people spamming the "Play Now" clickie. Smart ol'AN. Good on you!

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it Fred!" ~Super Chicken.

• EsLafielEsLafiel Member Posts: 92

Damn it 3am at night for me, I will be sleeping by then. But I try and go to sleep really early, like at 6pm. So I will wake up at about 4am-6am.

So freaking cant wait

I and many others I know from different SEA countries will be playing in various NA servers that is a locked choice I believe.  From the previous betas, it was mainly Sea of Sorrows, Gate Of Madness and some on Crystal Desert.

I bought the game digitally through the official site. The box edition including CE will be in stock on 8/28/12 here in the Philippines. =)

Which server do you think, most asians will play on(I know stupid but half asian here, and know no asians in real life, other then family members.)

Originally posted by NameWasTaken

WHAT!! 2am in the bloody morning, just so I can secure my characters names!!

Ohforf'sake! Damn it! Nothing for it, but to get up early. Only 1 shot to get the name I want, without having to put "xxx"'s around it.

I have weird ass names, that are cool but weird and so. No one is going to pick them, so i do not worry.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Right, Im still struggling with this

I live in the UK, we are currently on BST which is GMT+1

However, Anet have said headstart will start at 00.00 on Aug 25th Pacific Time. HOWEVER, is that PST or PDT? I THINK "Pacific Time" at the moment is PDT which is GMT -7. So, that means that its an 8am start in the UK?

Can someone check my maths on this? Have ANet confirmed whether its a 00.00 PST or PDT start anywhere?

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom