Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

frustrating graphics issues

sinloisinloi Member UncommonPosts: 201

My graphics card worked just fine for BWE3 now I tried to update the patch just so I am prepared for launch and it is saying my graphics card is incompatible I have an ati radeon HD 4300/4500 series

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by sinloi

My graphics card worked just fine for BWE3 now I tried to update the patch just so I am prepared for launch and it is saying my graphics card is incompatible I have an ati radeon HD 4300/4500 series

I think they announced this some time ago, where a whole list (mostly Intel) graphics cards where incompatible with the game

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• sinloisinloi Member UncommonPosts: 201

how the hell do they just suddenly make a graphics card incompatible that was compatible a month ago...grah this is why I hate pc gaming.

• BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145

Woah! I used to have ATI Radeon HD 4500 Series too (used it for BWE2), just switched to Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti a few weeks ago. But I didn't know about this... Where can I find the list of the incompatible graphics cards? Maybe my new one won't work at release. :(

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

They said something about improving the engine and making it compatible with older graphics cards before release. I hope they sort this out, because otherwise they'll have lots of pissed customers.

Anyway, a 550 Ti will surely run the game just fine on High.

Originally posted by dekou
    Anyway, a 550 Ti will surely run the game just fine on High.

It did in BWE3, I just hope it's not on that list for some reason. D:

It's one of the most common high-end gaming cards. Putting it on that list would be suicide.

Alright, thanks. I guess I'm just being paranoid, lol. I want everything to be perfect for release.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

It's one of the most common high-end gaming cards. Putting it on that list would be suicide.

Do you know what high end gaming cards are?  These have never been high end.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

I don't think it's that high-end, it was pretty cheap. xD I just want to play GW2, that's all.

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

It should really be easy enough to work out that they mean "deemed not good enough" not "literally will not work with" is it actually stopping you from installing?

• GorkosGorkos Member UncommonPosts: 76

Wait, what? I need a new graphics card....

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Do you know what high end gaming cards are?  These have never been high end.

No one knows what exactly high-end gaming cards are. However, I'd say anything that's good enough to play modern games on High is high-end.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by coretex666

Do they let you pre-purchase the game and then they make it incompatible with your graphics card?

No, when they say incompatible what they really mean is below minimum specs. It will still be able to play the game, but the performance will be lower.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • FateFatalityFateFatality Member UncommonPosts: 93

druing BW3 i was getting bad FPS .... was getting way better FPS druing First beta!!!!

i has a GTX 580 Superclocked Edition and it was struggling to get past 60FPS and was veryy annoying coz it would drop low as 30s and 40s

i5 2500k 12GB ram

anyone els noticed that game needs lot more omptimization? i was hoping for stable 60 Fps... i mean jeez.... its a GTX 580 its not a weak card..

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

No one knows what exactly high-end gaming cards are. However, I'd say anything that's good enough to play modern games on High is high-end.

If only we had some kind of system to indicate a cards power, or any kind of website where these things could be found... Are you high?

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Well, at least you now have time (and reason) to purchase new graphic card ;)

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

In BWE3 my wife was playing using an Nvidia 8500 gt. Had some performance issues on lowest settings but still ran.

Anyone looking to upgrade you can find cheap nvidia 460 that would do the trick.

Originally posted by wartyxwt

If only we had some kind of system to indicate a cards power, or any kind of website where these things could be found... Are you high?

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. Let's use the 550 as an example. It's a 100-ish dollar card that's definitely a gaming card and can probably run modern games on High, if not maxed. So, is it a high-end gaming card? Well, I'd say it is, but some people think only truly expensive cards, like 670s or SLI setups, are high-end. Ultimately, the phrase "high-end gaming card" is poorly defined, so there's little point in arguing what is or isn't one.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Originally posted by wartyxwt

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. Let's use the 550 as an example. It's a 100-ish dollar card that's definitely a gaming card and can probably run modern games on High, if not maxed. So, is it a high-end gaming card? Well, I'd say it is, but some people think only truly expensive cards, like 670s or SLI setups, are high-end. Ultimately, the phrase "high-end gaming card" is poorly defined, so there's little point in arguing what is or isn't one.

Nvidia naming conventions. The first number is the generation 6 being the most current. The second is the range. 550 is kind of mid range. I would buy an 460 / 560 or higher for gaming purposes.

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
  • HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
    Originally posted by Bijou

Woah! I used to have ATI Radeon HD 4500 Series too (used it for BWE2), just switched to Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti a few weeks ago. But I didn't know about this... Where can I find the list of the incompatible graphics cards? Maybe my new one won't work at release. :(

I ran the game on max with my 550ti just fine, I don't think it is incompatible

• unknown769unknown769 Member Posts: 45

just buy a good and cheap graphic card  like 550ti or 560 SC or TI or even gt 640 is worth the 100$ and can run the game just fine

• TalketzantoTalketzanto Member UncommonPosts: 205

Just bought an AMD HD 7850.....Will this run the game?

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Talketzanto

Just bought an AMD HD 7850.....Will this run the game?

To use an analogy...

"I just bought a rocket launcher, will it be able to kill a fly?"

Yeah, you'll have no problems I think ;-)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• PushkinaPushkina Member Posts: 34

Just got me a new computer and the graphic card is Nvidia Geforce gtx680.

Is that good for gw2?

Be patience I am dyslexic.