Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bullet Run - The Worst FPS since Revelations 2012

AdamTMAdamTM Frankfurt Am MainMember Posts: 1,376

Its out on steam now, i tried it.

This game...this game is just plain awful.

It actually made me cry a bit.

The shooting:

Anemic.

Guns sound like pea-shooters, there is no feel of impact or feedback.

The guns also handle very inconsistently, you start with an mp5 smg that might as well shoot hugs and kisses.

I mean i thought BLRs hitbox and hitdetection problem was bad, man was i wrong.

You cant turn off friendly fire, there is no penalty for killing team-mates.

Have fun killing eachother instead the enemy team or griefers that just ruin the game.

The visuals:

Ugly.

The game looks like it would be right at home ca. 2005. Screenshots don't actually convey it properly because the worst part about the game are the animations, they might as well not have any.

Everything is the same color(s), enemies frequently blend with the environment, lack of discernable characteristics to tell apart your and the enemies team.

FOV locked in around 60, gives me motion-sickness.

Gameplay:

MW3, except worse.

Run, shoot, get killed, spawn, get killed, spawn, run, kill someone, get killed by 300 grenades and an airstike, spawn, get killed by a guy with a better gun, spawn, kill a noob, run, clip out of the map and die, spawn...

Map design:

There isn't any.

Sound:

Turn it off.

The guns sound like they grabbed free low-quality samples of the internet.

Like to hear the same AI commentator commenting on the game for the 398472908347203 time?

What do you mean, no?

The customization and store:

Pay2win, predatory

All guns/mods are straight upgrades and are for purchase by humongous amounts of ingame currency (100.000+, a match gives 200-600) or station cash.

The customization doesn't do anything to mask the horrible animations also everyone still looks the same because only 4 facial models are available. Clothes need to be purchased by sweet $$$ or through grinding ingame currency (again, 50k+ for a pair of trousers).

Summary:

Avoid.

A game this bad to be made in 2012 by a company like Sony is an abomination.

It is obvious that SOE just wanted to push a cheap piece of crap on the market to make some dollars.

If you want a similar but more polished experience: Blacklight Retribution, War Inc, AVA

All of the games have problems, but not nearly as severe as Bullet Run, and they are more consistent. War Inc and AVA actually look and sound better being from years past than this piece of crap.

Tagged:

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAMember Posts: 14,247 Rare

Not a fan, either. It was blatantly obvious that the combat and UI were designed for console, so maybe it plays better on a PS3.

Wasn't impressed.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ScivaSciva NoneMember Posts: 298 Uncommon

Apparently its a remake of a game named parabellum, which was dropped by gamersfirst. I don't blame them really.

• liquescentliquescent East Hartford, CTMember Posts: 145 Common
    SOE did not develop this game. They are only the publisher.
    Acony games is the developer.
    http://www.aconygames.com/
  • nickmister2nickmister2 Pacifica, CAMember Posts: 5 Uncommon

I played this game for about an hour and couldn't play anymore. SOE needs to take a harder look at the games they publish.

I am interested to see how well this game fares.

• WorstluckWorstluck the valley, CAMember Posts: 1,269

The game was originally called Hedone (http://www.fpsguru.com/article/50)  Not sure why the name was changed, probably SOE wanted the name/game change.  Regardless I am sad that I wasted an hour to download this game.  Not going to go in to detail right now..but yeah the OP is right, it sucks.  I'll recommend Tribes: Ascend or even Blacklight Retribution over this game any day of the week.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid GinnungagapMember Posts: 8,050 Rare
    Originally posted by Sciva
    Apparently its a remake of a game named parabellum, which was dropped by gamersfirst. I don't blame them really.

parabellum > hedone > bullet run.....
     and with each remake it sucks even more although character models look better now