Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Peter Moore on CNBC about SW:TOR

13»

Comments

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Best part in the interview is they need 3 million of players to be happy.

Good luck bro.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

"Right now we have over 100... uhhhh... 1 million players, but we are hoping for 2 to 3 million."

lmfao truth slips out. 100k+ users in swtor! SUCCESSFUL GAME!!!!

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• BoganTemplarBoganTemplar Member Posts: 6

Yes, because opening the official forums up to free accounts and allowing all these well adjusted individuals from MMORPG.com to post their vile bitter hatred for free would be a brilliant strategy.

I played TOR and hated it, but the amount of attention this game gets from less savvy individuals than myself who also happend to hate it has been killing brain cells on an epic scale practically since launch.

Well done team.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by Weretigar
    I have last night I watched over 100 threads get closed and SWTOR to already state F2P players wont be allowed forum access for technical support.

What the hell, are you serious?

If you are then that would be another master move by EA. It doesn't seem like there'll be enough F2P-Lifeboats to save the TORtanic.

Oh, the sub fans were screaming for it!   They don't want to be associated with or interact with the 'F2P riff-raff' that would make their heavily contracted and still contracting MMO more social and, thus, more fun to play.   

So let's not point too many fingers at EA for this.   Huge swaths of player base are up-in-arms that they'll have to share their precious game with F2Pers.

Originally posted by creadosk

I see nothing wrong with them not allowing people to post on the forums or the technical forums.  The technical forums etc are for people who are paying for the service and with a limited staff that EA/BW has due to layoffs etc on this project, the resources ie labor need to be prioritized to the customers supporting the game.  In game tickets I am sure will be avaliable to those on the F2P model.  I am not thrilled with how the game turned out but basic business practices need to be followed if they plan to improve. 

Every F2P game or 'Fremium' game I have ever played (and when I play them, I subscribe becuase I hate the restrictions) has either treated everyone as valuable, or at least given the F2P players their own discussion forum plus access to all the technical forums.

Never have I seen such a blanket 'go to hell.'  

Now, maybe some are like that...    I don't know, I haven't played every game.   But the ones I have, have treated the F2Pers with respect because what they want them to do is to become premium players.   And cutting them off from the very important social ties that bind people to the game isn't the way to get that done.

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by ste2000
    Originally posted by jeremyjodes

BW Thinks people are pissed now, I have seen what angry star wars fans can do to a company. this aint gonna end well for BW.

BW died when EA bought them.

I know it is easy to jump on the EA hating bandwagon, but you only have to look at the quality of Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3 and SWTOR, compared to previous BW games to see that everything said about EA is absolutely true.

You can't make successful games if the Marketing Director is also the game designer.................games needs to be made by game lovers.

It is very simple, but EA somehow doesn't get it.

They have to thank FIFA games which keep this company afloat.............so they can kill the rest of the industry with their mediocre games.

Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Origins were developed after EA bought BW...

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074
    Why does this give me a strange feeling that the way we fund our game production does not always line up for what is best for the player?
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

They did have to go to F2P with microntransactions.  They just messed up their model.

When I quit in January I likely said I quit because of the sub fee.  But, all I meant was that if there was no sub fee I would have played until I finished the 8 class stories and only had fun with the single player aspects.  I felt it was a B2P game, not a sub worthy game.

They are relying on two things:

1) Getting millions of people to try the game

2) A decent percentage of those that try to get subscriptions

The only way they'd get money from me is if they:

1) Added multiplayer 3D space combat with capital ships OR

2) Let me permanently unlock content with a single reasonably priced purchase ( For instance unlock a single PVP map)

The reliance on subs really is a mistake to me.  That's why I quit AoC before hitting the level cap, because I knew I wouldn't sub to that game and leveling was boring.

Originally posted by BoganTemplar

Yes, because opening the official forums up to free accounts and allowing all these well adjusted individuals from MMORPG.com to post their vile bitter hatred for free would be a brilliant strategy.

I played TOR and hated it, but the amount of attention this game gets from less savvy individuals than myself who also happend to hate it has been killing brain cells on an epic scale practically since launch.

Well done team.

They're the same people you are...