Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The best F2P MMORPG choice until 2013 is...[with poll]

13»

Comments

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

1)  Neither Blade & Soul nor Guild Wars 2 are F2P.

2)  You forgot Neverwinter, which will probably be the most successful of the true F2P games.

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

Didn't vote.

Probably one of the worst polls ever made here. Tells us more about the preferences of the OP than about the MMORPG landscape: themepark bonanza. My choice would have been Haven & Hearth because it's the only MMORPG that is really free to play: no box/download to buy, no subscription, no cash-shop.

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by Larsa

Didn't vote.

Probably one of the worst polls ever made here. Tells us more about the preferences of the OP than about the MMORPG landscape: themepark bonanza. My choice would have been Haven & Hearth because it's the only MMORPG that is really free to play: no box/download to buy, no subscription, no cash-shop.

I haven't vote either yet. So I hope someone would tell me what are the results so far ;p

If your choice for the best F2P MMORPG choice of 2012 is Heaven and Hearth then great. It's good to know about it. Although I can't really convince myself a MMORPG with 164 online players and 2d graphics dating from 2 decades ago is the best possible choice for 2012.

http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/

Evilastro mentioned Neverwinter, I'll look into it :)

There hasn't been a lot of talk about it on the forums to capture my attention.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by MadKing
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by Kopogero

Or you could have used only F2P mmo's in your poll, rather than pretending that B2P equals F2P, thus avoiding people thinking that you're just trying to troll by putting games you dislike into a genre that is completely different from the pricing model that it uses.

Unless of course, you do not have the understanding of what Free to Play actually means, or what Buy to Play actually means.  Just because I'm feeling gracious today (I am a strong believer in helping out the disadvantaged) I will explain it to you.

Free to play, or F2P means that it doesn't cost anything to play the game to it's entirety. There is no cost to purchase the game and install it, and there is no subscription.

Buy to play, or B2P, means that there is a cost to purchase the game, but you do not have to pay a subscription for continued access to play the game to it's entirety.

World of Warcraft does make a claim to be F2P with a disclaimer for only going to level 20, so if you chose to include that in your poll I would understand.

I hope that helps you make more intelligently appropriate polls for this kind of thing.

My post is as intelligent as it can get. We are talkin here about the best possible F2P MMORPG of 2012. Face it, any F2P MMORPG that can't keep the player for longer than 1-2 months after consuming its free content won't have bright future ahead and that itself already proves that its not the best F2P MMORPG choice, period.

MMORPG's need some funding for further development in content, improvement, bug fixes, support as well as running the servers for longer than a year.

Actually, you're talking about the best possible F2P or B2P MMORPG of 2012.  As for the rest of your paragraph, it bears no pertinence to my post at all. You final statement has no pertinence to my post at all.

As for intelligence, well lets just add a poll.

A poll within a poll?

POLLCEPTION!!

Interpol?

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Or you could have used only F2P mmo's in your poll, rather than pretending that B2P equals F2P, thus avoiding people thinking that you're just trying to troll by putting games you dislike into a genre that is completely different from the pricing model that it uses.

Unless of course, you do not have the understanding of what Free to Play actually means, or what Buy to Play actually means.  Just because I'm feeling gracious today (I am a strong believer in helping out the disadvantaged) I will explain it to you.

Free to play, or F2P means that it doesn't cost anything to play the game to it's entirety. There is no cost to purchase the game and install it, and there is no subscription.

Buy to play, or B2P, means that there is a cost to purchase the game, but you do not have to pay a subscription for continued access to play the game to it's entirety.

World of Warcraft does make a claim to be F2P with a disclaimer for only going to level 20, so if you chose to include that in your poll I would understand.

I hope that helps you make more intelligently appropriate polls for this kind of thing.

My post is as intelligent as it can get. We are talkin here about the best possible F2P MMORPG of 2012. Face it, any F2P MMORPG that can't keep the player for longer than 1-2 months after consuming its free content won't have bright future ahead and that itself already proves that its not the best F2P MMORPG choice, period.

MMORPG's need some funding for further development in content, improvement, bug fixes, support as well as running the servers for longer than a year.

Well, if your post is intelligent and you're insistent on GW2 being ftp, then maybe you know something i dont.....I want my 60 bucks back!

Originally posted by wrightstuf

Well, if your post is intelligent and you're insistent on GW2 being ftp, then maybe you know something i dont.....I want my 60 bucks back!

GW2 being included in the poll is only a plus. Players like you who believe GW2 model is not enough to be considered F2P are welcome to vote for your F2P MMORPG choice. Facts are all these MMORPG's mentioned in the poll will cost the player significantly less $180-156 yearly to be precise for not having a P2P model.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Aion

GW2 is not F2P it Buy to play

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Poor poll.  A few of those games haven't been released yet and GW2 is not F2P.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Interesting no Everquest 2 ?lol only the most complete MMORPG made and not on the poll.Cash shop heavy yes but there are hidden costs in all f2p claims,there is no such thing as f2p.

ONLY one game i ever seen that actually yo ucould play f2p 100% and play ALL the content and that was SRO.No content restrictions,no gear restrictions,no level or access restrictions and yo ud/l the game for free,so 100% free.The cash shop was to promote faster levelling and some minor conveniences.

EQ2 and ROM both complete F2P titles had restrictions and in ROM's case,you were not fighting the top bosses without spending money on gear.However i guess if yo uwanted to greatly outlevel the content both games are doable but eventually at the level cap,you won't be able to outlevel the content and make it easier.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• deceasedecease Member UncommonPosts: 51

i think you miss secret world.. though i don't think it is "better" then gw2... though it is worth mention.. it is better then most of the other mmo on the list..

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

GW2 being included in the poll is only a plus. Players like you who believe GW2 model is not enough to be considered F2P are welcome to vote for your F2P MMORPG choice. Facts are all these MMORPG's mentioned in the poll will cost the player significantly less $180-156 yearly to be precise for not having a P2P model.

So does that mean that by your description, as long as it costs less then $156 dollars per year its a F2P game?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

It was between TOR and Guild Wars 2 because I'll be playing both and probably GW2 more, but since GW2 isn't F2P I picked TOR.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

Mabinogi and Vincitus. No other game (F2P) interests me really.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

I love how clueless people make silly polls. Like this one, where you put in games that are not F2P and some of the best F2P titles (AoC, DDO, EQ2, VG, Atlantica Online) are not even there.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Missing EverQuest II and Vanguard in the list. I think VG might get some votes since that F2P isn't as crippled as EQ2's...

• SagasaintSagasaint Member UncommonPosts: 466

GW2 is F2P?

hey OP, I'll pm you my email. make sure you send me a working CD-KEY for the game.

because since its F2P it will cost you nothing, right?

I haven't voted yet, but I'm leaning btw Guild Wars and Planetside 2 right now. I believe Guild Wars 2 is top in the poll, I could be wrong thu.

I see a lot of other MMORPG's mentioned here by players who believe that it is the best F2P choice this year. The F2P MMORPG playerbase seems to be scattered between dozen of F2P titles at the moment. This is due to the fact that none of these F2P titles did exceptionally well and the F2P playerbase is scattered.

I would hope if we had one clear victor in the F2P model, something like WOW in the P2P model so we could all have a long lasting, quality MMORPG that will worth investing my time and developing a chr.

I really like the direction Guild Wars 2 has taken and despite some of its drawbacks and flaws the community clearly likes to indicate that it will be the next big thing.

Planetside 2 on the other side is still very appealing just because of its concept and design, a strategic, massive, openworld with a sandbox feeling from a MMOFPS standpoint that has conquests involved. It is also preferable choice over the GW2 B2P model since its free to play it from start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euoAmWO2u04

Only thing we don't know is if and when Planetside 2 will launch. I'm thinking about xmas or early 2013, which could be significant advantage for Guild Wars 2 to gain a strong playerbase and momentum with massive box sales.