Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kickstarter "MMO": Forge - Dark Vale Games (Unreal 3 + fantasy PvP 3rd/1st mix?)

MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/166522941/forge

Forge mmo ks

FORGE – AMAZING MULTIPLAYER

Having tried every MMO or MOBA style game that has been released in the last many years, it became apparent that to get the title we wanted to play, one we believe we’re not alone in wanting to play, we needed to build it.

Our key goals: 

?   Class Based

?   MMO Style Abilities

?   Even Playing Field for All Players

?   Skill is the Only Determining Factor in Victory or Defeat

?   Zero Grind

?   Meaningful Progression and Customization Without Violating Any of the Above

Gameplay Vid:

Comments

• MaitraderMaitrader Member UncommonPosts: 389

pretty damn cool

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

So this is a Third/First Person version of those MOBA games that started from Warcraft III?

No thanks, I'd actually like an MMO :|.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

So this is a Third/First Person version of those MOBA games that started from Warcraft III?

Huh?

Watch the video. If it doesn't appeal to you, don't support. 

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297

Its more like WoW pvp, in all forms, But skill based, Not gear based. You dont have to work for gear to try and compete. You just compete. No endless grind for gear, no % based combat. Just skill.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Originally posted by Tsuru

Its more like WoW pvp, in all forms, But skill based, Not gear based. You dont have to work for gear to try and compete. You just compete. No endless grind for gear, no % based combat. Just skill.

Yeah, it's maybe doing what that wrath of heroes attempted? Anyways, the price will reflect the smaller INITIAL scope of the game to get it out there and be FUN to begin with.

Personally I like the niche they are going for with this. Interesting. :)

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by parrotpholk

For 10000 I would at least expect free shipping!

Looks interesting but a little vague to just give money away. 

Vague? Did you watch the videos?

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Originally posted by Tsuru

For 10000 I would at least expect free shipping!

Looks interesting but a little vague to just give money away. 

Vague? Did you watch the videos?

Yes and I saw nothing that would warrant an investment.  Sorry but I would expect a little more that a couple of video for me to contribute blindly to something.  

Some folks though donate to anything.

I kinda agree, I wanted to collate all the info on this in a single glance and it's a little scattered. For eg, first thing I wanted to know was what sort of mmo (themepark, pvp, then how the 1st/3rd person mashup works more and then the engine). I also wanted to see the creators cv/work experience more, so found had to go to their studio page, clicking proj creator details on the ks page) etc....

So got to the gist of it with instanced areas for pvp but with a FPS slant. Still interested, but info was scattered/not distilled imo. Although perhaps I'm not a big fan of presentations... *shrugs*.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

Kickstarter didnt succeed.. luckily they dont needed it anyway.. they are now accepting pre-orders from their homesite playforgewar.com

The game is getting along awesome and the idea's keep flooding in. Even though alot still will change, its already very cool.

I do hope they will advertise the game more cause its quite cool.. even for such an early alpha/beta stage

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED