Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MU Online: The 10 Year Interview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MU Online is a venerable grand old dame of the MMO space. We recently caught up with Producer HyeokIm Jun to talk about MU, where it's been and where it's going. See what we discovered and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

Global MU Online has been running for 10 years now, and in some countries, still have a significant number of active players, with two million in Korea alone. A fantasy RPG that takes place on the legendary continent of MU, the game has grown in 10 years to incorporate not just the usual hack and slash events, raids and quests, it also boasts large castle siege events. According to Producer HyeokIm Jun, Mu Online in Korea can be compared to Ultima Online or EverQuest in the US. It was the country’s first 3-D MMO, with an isometric top down view. It was the trailblazer in 3-D MMOs and added to that, it is very easy and simple to play and a strong community.

Read more of Carolyn Koh's MU Online: The 10 Year Interview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ruua84ruua84 Member UncommonPosts: 8

this game was my first MMO here in the US and seeing that the game has been going now for 10 years makes me very happy hopefully it grows more and more and keeps going strong

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    This was my first mmo. Wow, 10 years.
  • AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230

The upcoming expansion, MU:eX700 Plus is eagerly anticipated by the players.  It raises the level cap from 600 to 700

DING!!  699 to go :P

• GhostsanGhostsan Member UncommonPosts: 12

Muonline was my first mmo around 9 years ago and i believe its one of the best there is. The sound of jewels droping is something i will never forget and i haven´t found another game that makes mobs drops so thrilling. The Blood Castle music soundtrack was epic and i remember fighting there with friends. Was very intense! Doesn´t surprise me that Muonline is still around, and very happy to know it. Keep it going! 

Oh Golden Dragon Invasion!!! Super!!!

*Cheers*

• SupremeBKSupremeBK Member Posts: 1

mu online is one of the best mmo that i've playes since my computer doesn't support some of the younger games, i'm still playing it, and is wonderfull

hope to see someone there, good bye

• FevaFeva Member Posts: 1

.97+99 ftw :P

Realistically there are very few modifications made on private servers, this keeps GMO very strong.

//Feva