Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things like paying for race changes should be illegal.

jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Think about it. Paying a company $20+ dollars to run an automatic script to change one variable.

Complete robbery.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I'll get the United Nations on it right away.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Zing buddy! Have a cookie.

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247

I agree. Even a number of free changes/transfer would be great.

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

The black panthers have been saying this for years.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by jusomdude

Think about it. Paying a company $20+ dollars to run an automatic script to change one variable.

Complete robbery.

Then just make a new toon and spend 15$ for the time it takes to reach up to your main? o.O

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• Ashen_XAshen_X Member Posts: 363

Complete robbery.

How can a player be engaged in robbery if he is the one choosing to pay for the service ?

For that matter, how can it be robbery if paying for the service is completely consensual ?

Think about it. Paying a company for a service that you desire.

Capitalism.

When all has been said and done, more will have been said than done.

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

Complete robbery.

I agree, HOWEVER I disagree as well.

For a game with a monthly sub, it should be free, for a free to play game, I can see it justified.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• rafatalex007rafatalex007 Member Posts: 54

I think its fiar for many reasons like:

1- before making your charater in any RACE you wnat, you had all the time to chose bettwen RACES and settle on ONE, and that goes for FACTIONS too.

2- If all people can switch for free then the company wont get money, even if it dont cost them but switching is accutly a secondery thing not a mian thing that effect on your play style.

3- Let's say there is an expansion coming like MOP (WoW), and all people switch thire lvl 80 charcter to panda, in that case You get no one accutly playing Panda, they are just playing lvl 80 charcter to see duongones and End-Game, and in a matter of a week or two people will we get bored, and people will say give us more or go to HELL .

anyway that is just my opinion.image

• itsTortitsTort Member UncommonPosts: 125

Complete robbery.

Then choose the race you want the first time around.. Problem solved.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Complete robbery.

Who would be robbed?

You? For paying the $20?

Them? For giving away premium services for free?

If you don't want to pay the $20, then don't use the service. Pretty difficult I understand..but there are several people that follow that mantra in real life as well as gaming.

• DisdenaDisdena Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Complete robbery.

On the other hand, if you report another player for harassment, it may take several hours of investigation and information gathering to resolve that issue to your satisfaction. Same goes for your character being deleted due to a bug.

So getting customer service to help you with those should cost a pretty penny.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Its not the one who sells but the one who buys...

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Complete robbery.

You don't have to pay it.

If the market will buy re-bottled tap water, why shouldn't i sell it?

There is no false advertising here, you know exactly what you are getting. It is a free world. Companies can charge whatever, and you can decide not to pay.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by Ashen_X

Complete robbery.

How can a player be engaged in robbery if he is the one choosing to pay for the service ?

For that matter, how can it be robbery if paying for the service is completely consensual ?

Think about it. Paying a company for a service that you desire.

Capitalism.

Well, I have personally know a guy who has a sister who knows a guy with a cousin's aunt who had Blizzard employees show up at her door and force her to change her Tauren Warrior into a Gnome.

No lie.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Learn to live with the consequences of your actions, or pay the piper to correct them.

Makes sense to me.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

Learn to live with the consequences of your actions, or pay the piper to correct them.

Makes sense to me. 

People sould read this before getting married!!

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

Its these kind of posts that is really giving our Gaming Generation a bad name.

First of all, you choose to level that character whom you pick the race, class and sex before you even begin.

Then you level it for months to the level that you are at

And because you suddenly feels that other people's races and class and sex is better, you want them to stop all that they are doing and just do it for you.

While you can still go back to the starting screen and choose exactly that Race, Sex and Class that you feel is better, the only negative is you start from the beginning and have to work your way back up.

And you are blaming the Developer for this?????

Really???

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by FelixMajor

Complete robbery.

For a game with a monthly sub, it should be free, for a free to play game, I can see it justified.

Should popcorn be free at the movies?

And if you did get the popcorn free, would you be upset they sold drinks?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by FelixMajor

Complete robbery.

Should popcorn be free at the movies?

And if you did get the popcorn free, would you be upset they sold drinks?

Yes because the GREEDY theatre is only giving the popcorn away for free because they know it will FORCE me to buy their soda! Plus the soda only costs 4 cents to make, Why do they sell it for more! I know why...GREED!!!

/sarcasm

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Quirhid

Its not the one who sells but the one who buys...

A whole scene from Hellraiser 2 just flashed before me. :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

Your argument for why it should be illegal is that you don't think it's worth the price?

I think we're done here.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

I'm not against games charging for things such as mounts or cosmetics but the prices are a bit ridiculous. How can we be o.k with paying a third of a total games brand new cost for a single cash shop item such as a mount. I always cringe when I hear of people buying items in diablo for more than they payed for the game. I mean to consider a cosmetic change a premium service in a game is a bit beyond me.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Complete robbery.

Guess what? Lightbulbs that last 100 years cost as much to make as ones that last 1 year.

Men's razor blades cost fractions of pennies to produce but are sold for outrageous prices.

It doesn't cost much more to make a sports car than an economy sedan.

Welcome to business 101:

the price reflects what the market will bear.

Is $20 dollars over priced for a race change? Not for the people who spend it. And there are enough people who find it a fair price, that you probably won't see it drop until people stop buying it.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Complete robbery.

Well, you see, companies are there to make money.

They have employees and those employees would like to keep their jobs and even make a decent salary with decent benefits. That costs money.

The company might also have investors. Investors buy stock in companies because they expect a return for that investment. A company needs to be successful otherwise those investors are going to lose money.

Player x wants to change his "name/sex/race/appearance". Company Y needs to find ways to be profitable.

So they make a decision to offer a service for Z amount of dollars.

Player X might think it's "robbyery" (in the figurative sense) and not pay it. Because of this company Y doesn't get the money they want and might even suffer a pr embarassment. So before they do any of this they decide what the market will sustain and hope they are right.

And if they are correct then Player X gets their service, company Y gets their Z amount of dollars. the players are happy, the company is happy, the employees are happy and the investors are happy.

win/win

That probably sounds a bit condescending but that's how it works. That's reality. You have a job (I assume, you hid your age so who knows) and you might even have investments for retirment. You want that job to sustain your life and you want those investments to sustain your older life.

So, you want the companies you invest in, whether with time or money, to be successful.

Or do you go to your company and say "no, you shouldn't think of ways to make more money even if the consumer has a choice in whether or not they indulge in our products/services.

Or maybe you do?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Complete robbery.

Payers will pay for it!  Complete genius.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.