Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

August 25th, 00:00 PST (CONFIRMED VIA TWITTER)

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Posts: 945Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by GrumpyCharr

It's noon EST, according to the countdown on the website - which would be 9AM PST.  Look at the timer on the site and do the math.

I have to agree. 9AM PST/ 12 Noon EST. That's what it shows for me. :)

TGIF...Thank God I'm Female

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...
    One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Posts: 5,451Member Uncommon

3 day head start? Ummm not really. For me its 4pm my time. I was personally wanted to see the game open AM PST time. Did say 3 day head start.

=-D Only on a forum can optimism be called bad and pessimism the good thing =-D Welcome to the internet and forums. 

• lilHealalilHeala ZwollePosts: 512Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

3 day head start? Ummm not really. For me its 4pm my time. I was personally wanted to see the game open AM PST time. Did say 3 day head start.

If the launch time at launch day is the same as for the headstart it's still 3 days headstart regardless of time of day it launches for you or if you'll be able to play during that time.

• CruizerkeCruizerke Posts: 67Member Uncommon

Edit : Issue was corrected and OP was edited due to that. Remember the Foefire!!!

• AvanahAvanah Posts: 945Member Uncommon

oops...delete please.

TGIF...Thank God I'm Female

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...
    One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ HillerødPosts: 1,197Member
    Originally posted by cruiserlck

It finaly hit MMORPG......They have NOT announced an actual time yet. They've been saying that for the last several days on their Twitter. Currently it's bugged and is running off your system clock........

Looks like that it is not, anymore.

Playing ATM: Elder Scrolls Online, Diablo 3
    MMO's shelted: Check my mmorpg profile
    KICKSTARTED: Camelot Unchained. (250 USD)

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Posts: 5,451Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by lilHeala

If the launch time at launch day is the same as for the headstart it's still 3 days headstart regardless of time of day it launches for you or if you'll be able to play during that time.

Im not in rage mode, but I did expect more. I think it should still be open AM PST time, somewhere around 9-10am. 

=-D Only on a forum can optimism be called bad and pessimism the good thing =-D Welcome to the internet and forums. 

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan EastPosts: 2,630Member
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ
    Originally posted by cruiserlck

It finaly hit MMORPG......They have NOT announced an actual time yet. They've been saying that for the last several days on their Twitter. Currently it's bugged and is running off your system clock........

Looks like that it is not, anymore.

Still bugged here.

If you wonder why I don't answer your posts, it's most likely because you are on my block list - so don't waste your time.

• lilHealalilHeala ZwollePosts: 512Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by lilHeala

Im not in rage mode, but I did expect more. I think it should still be open AM PST time, somewhere around 9-10am. 

No worries, you were the random victim to be quoted mentioning the 3 days thing :)

I wanted to post a comment on it in one of these threads as some folks (not just on these boards) seem to be making the thinking misstake of calculating headstart from noon until launchday at midnight, that isn't really fair if the launch time would also be noon. Or they calculate in time that they can be online (f.e. only during afternoon) instead of the calendar date/time and then blame Arenanet they're not offering 3 days like advertised.

We'll only know for sure once the exact time for all 3 the launches (3d headstart, 1d headstart and official launch) have been announced and I'm sure there'll be many different preferences across all players worldwide, personally I prefer some time around noon GMT+2, say 5-7 AM PST :)

• HonnerHonner SydneyPosts: 504Member

hmmm, they changed the website

• SkuallSkuall UnknowPosts: 1,284Member Uncommon

for EU players its awesome XD

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 portland, ORPosts: 463Member

WTF?!?!?! 2 1/2 day's not 3!!!! Doomsayer's grab yer pitchfork's and torch's it's lynchin time :D

haha j/k

• EvilGeekEvilGeek londonPosts: 1,225Member Uncommon

What I LOVE about the headstart is that Monday 27th is a bank holiday here in the UK :)

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI SpbPosts: 266Member

<removed post as it was based on false assumptions>

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan EastPosts: 2,630Member

To those still wondering, from Twitter:

"Those of you looking forward to headstart, it will begin on August 25 at 00:00 PACIFIC Time. ~RB2"

00:00 is midnight. That will be 9am central Europe time. So we Europeans can sleep while Americans have to stay up half the night at least... =P

And yeah, their timer IS bugged :)

If you wonder why I don't answer your posts, it's most likely because you are on my block list - so don't waste your time.

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI SpbPosts: 266Member

Thanks Korrigan, thats a relief. Americans still get a headstart in time, but its minimal since its night-time (i know a lot of people maybe will play just because they are too eager to finally do it and forget sleep, but i am, however anxious and eager to play GW2, not willing to skip sleeping for it).

<3 ArenaNet

• Arachneus1Arachneus1 Naugatuck, CTPosts: 248Member

I am working that night...figures. oh well I will come home at 6am and make my characters and head off to bed.

• Inf666Inf666 DarmstadtPosts: 508Member

Wow, that gives me an overall of 24 hours to play through dark souls before gw2 is released. Anyone think it is possible?

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• TokkenTokken Portland, ORPosts: 1,154Member Uncommon

Thank you for the news!

Brad McQuaid Quote:  So, God-willing, the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen team and I will be able to make or allow that magic to happen a third time, and it too will be not just a great game, but also that catalyst again that brings people together, sometimes out of their comfort zone, learning how to work together not just tactically in a virtual world but also socially in the real world.
  • aslan132aslan132 Tampa, FLPosts: 378Member Uncommon

Midnight pacific, means 3am for me (Eastern). All that means is bed at 8pm the 24, full night sleep to get up at 3am, and still start the 48 hour weekend marathon fresh :P

• stragen001stragen001 ReadingPosts: 1,720Member

I think the countdown is Borked. 

It shows 12.00 midday on 25 Aug for me, and I am in the UK on BST

I think it works it out based on your system clock.

Edit: Confirmed. Change the time on your system clock and the countdown changes too. The clock is counting down BASED ON THE TIME ON YOUR COMPUTER

Now we just need to work out whether it is counting down to the actual time headstart starts, or just counting down to 12.00 midday....... and if they mean 00.00 PST, or PDT.....urrgghh Anet need to fix this, its making my head hurt

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• SiphaedSiphaed Everywhere!Posts: 877Member Uncommon

I did edit the original post to cover the new Twitter update from A.Net directly.

• stragen001stragen001 ReadingPosts: 1,720Member

So the next question is...... if i set my system clock forward 23 days and whatever hours, does that mean the game will release sooner??? LOL

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• NaeviusNaevius Houston, TXPosts: 334Member Uncommon

02:00 A.M. Central time...gods.

• GundricGundric Memphis, TNPosts: 341Member Uncommon

Looks like I'll be making my characters and going to bed. I'd rather get a full days play on Saturday.  2am Central is a little late for me.