Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

August 25th, 00:00 PST (CONFIRMED VIA TWITTER)

Comments

• CruizerkeCruizerke Member UncommonPosts: 68

Edit : Issue was corrected and OP was edited due to that. Remember the Foefire!!!

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

oops...delete please.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267
    Originally posted by cruiserlck

It finaly hit MMORPG......They have NOT announced an actual time yet. They've been saying that for the last several days on their Twitter. Currently it's bugged and is running off your system clock........

Looks like that it is not, anymore.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by lilHeala
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

3 day head start? Ummm not really. For me its 4pm my time. I was personally wanted to see the game open AM PST time. Did say 3 day head start.

If the launch time at launch day is the same as for the headstart it's still 3 days headstart regardless of time of day it launches for you or if you'll be able to play during that time.

Im not in rage mode, but I did expect more. I think it should still be open AM PST time, somewhere around 9-10am. 

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ
    Originally posted by cruiserlck

It finaly hit MMORPG......They have NOT announced an actual time yet. They've been saying that for the last several days on their Twitter. Currently it's bugged and is running off your system clock........

Looks like that it is not, anymore.

Still bugged here.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by lilHeala

3 day head start? Ummm not really. For me its 4pm my time. I was personally wanted to see the game open AM PST time. Did say 3 day head start.

If the launch time at launch day is the same as for the headstart it's still 3 days headstart regardless of time of day it launches for you or if you'll be able to play during that time.

Im not in rage mode, but I did expect more. I think it should still be open AM PST time, somewhere around 9-10am. 

No worries, you were the random victim to be quoted mentioning the 3 days thing :)

I wanted to post a comment on it in one of these threads as some folks (not just on these boards) seem to be making the thinking misstake of calculating headstart from noon until launchday at midnight, that isn't really fair if the launch time would also be noon. Or they calculate in time that they can be online (f.e. only during afternoon) instead of the calendar date/time and then blame Arenanet they're not offering 3 days like advertised.

We'll only know for sure once the exact time for all 3 the launches (3d headstart, 1d headstart and official launch) have been announced and I'm sure there'll be many different preferences across all players worldwide, personally I prefer some time around noon GMT+2, say 5-7 AM PST :)

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504

hmmm, they changed the website

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361

for EU players its awesome XD

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463

WTF?!?!?! 2 1/2 day's not 3!!!! Doomsayer's grab yer pitchfork's and torch's it's lynchin time :D

haha j/k

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

What I LOVE about the headstart is that Monday 27th is a bank holiday here in the UK :)

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266

<removed post as it was based on false assumptions>

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

To those still wondering, from Twitter:

"Those of you looking forward to headstart, it will begin on August 25 at 00:00 PACIFIC Time. ~RB2"

00:00 is midnight. That will be 9am central Europe time. So we Europeans can sleep while Americans have to stay up half the night at least... =P

And yeah, their timer IS bugged :)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266

Thanks Korrigan, thats a relief. Americans still get a headstart in time, but its minimal since its night-time (i know a lot of people maybe will play just because they are too eager to finally do it and forget sleep, but i am, however anxious and eager to play GW2, not willing to skip sleeping for it).

<3 ArenaNet

• Arachneus1Arachneus1 Member UncommonPosts: 248

I am working that night...figures. oh well I will come home at 6am and make my characters and head off to bed.

• Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513

Wow, that gives me an overall of 24 hours to play through dark souls before gw2 is released. Anyone think it is possible?

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

Thank you for the news!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 619

Midnight pacific, means 3am for me (Eastern). All that means is bed at 8pm the 24, full night sleep to get up at 3am, and still start the 48 hour weekend marathon fresh :P

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

I think the countdown is Borked. 

It shows 12.00 midday on 25 Aug for me, and I am in the UK on BST

I think it works it out based on your system clock.

Edit: Confirmed. Change the time on your system clock and the countdown changes too. The clock is counting down BASED ON THE TIME ON YOUR COMPUTER

Now we just need to work out whether it is counting down to the actual time headstart starts, or just counting down to 12.00 midday....... and if they mean 00.00 PST, or PDT.....urrgghh Anet need to fix this, its making my head hurt

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

I did edit the original post to cover the new Twitter update from A.Net directly.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

So the next question is...... if i set my system clock forward 23 days and whatever hours, does that mean the game will release sooner??? LOL

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334

02:00 A.M. Central time...gods.

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

Looks like I'll be making my characters and going to bed. I'd rather get a full days play on Saturday.  2am Central is a little late for me.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Other!

They seem to be giving us a full 72 hours, which is good. However, I don't care that they are located in the Pacific Time Zone, they aren't the center of the Player Base universe. I'm going to guess that 90% of players are going to be in US or EU time zones and Pacific Time is at the tail end of that time zone range.

Midnight Eastern Time (US) would have made much more sense for the HS and release date start times. That's 9pm to 1AM for North America, not too late for the eastern coast to participate. 5AM to 2PM for most of Europe, which isn't too early.

Midnight Pacific puts the eastern most North American start times at 2AM to 4AM, which is horrible, even for night owls and early risers.

They really don't seem to have any "big picture thinkers" determining their scheduled times.

I personally can work with the time with out issues, but I know it's going to be a huge issue for most people in the US East of the Mississippi River, all the way to far Eastern Canada!

Besides, Midnight EDT also allows for midnight store openings on release day, if any retailers wanted to do so. Can't happen with anywhere in the US, except for PDT, Alaska and Hawaii with a Midnight PDT timer.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by fiontar

Other!

They seem to be giving us a full 72 hours, which is good. However, I don't care that they are located in the Pacific Time Zone, they aren't the center of the Player Base universe. I'm going to guess that 90% of players are going to be in US or EU time zones and Pacific Time is at the tail end of that time zone range.

Midnight Eastern Time (US) would have made much more sense for the HS and release date start times. That's 9pm to 1AM for North America, not too late for the eastern coast to participate. 5AM to 2PM for most of Europe, which isn't too early.

Midnight Pacific puts the eastern most North American start times at 2AM to 4AM, which is horrible, even for night owls and early risers.

They really don't seem to have any "big picture thinkers" determining their scheduled times.

I personally can work with the time with out issues, but I know it's going to be a huge issue for most people in the US East of the Mississippi River, all the way to far Eastern Canada!

Besides, Midnight EDT also allows for midnight store openings on release day, if any retailers wanted to do so. Can't happen with anywhere in the US, except for PDT, Alaska and Hawaii with a Midnight PDT timer.

Excuse you for thinking that you're the center of the Universe.  I for one am GLAD that finally some company uses OUR time zone as a launcher instead of East Coast.  Every other MMO or whatever does it by timezone-specific (so Eastern gets a 3hr Headstart).  Only few have done universal launch with midnight Eastern, which is 9pm my time...not bad bonus, but eh.

• rachmat19rachmat19 Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by fiontar

Other!

Dude, at least you get to play since midnight on the 25th... Some of us have to wait until 5pm of the 25th...