Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

August 25th, 00:00 PST (CONFIRMED VIA TWITTER)

SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Edit:  Never mind on what I said before, it's now confirmed on Twitter that the countdown was bugged and it'll be 00:00 PACIFIC

SOURCE:   https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/230717628174446592

Those of you looking forward to headstart, it will begin on August 25 at 00:00 PACIFIC Time. ~RB2 #GW2

Comments

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

It's noon EST, according to the countdown on the website - which would be 9AM PST.  Look at the timer on the site and do the math.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by GrumpyCharr

It's noon EST, according to the countdown on the website - which would be 9AM PST.

something buggy.. mine shows noon central which is my time zone

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

24days-15hrs-5 minutes right now at 8:55pm PST.  That drops right onto 12pm August 25th.  That is, unless each time zone actually launches noon their own.  BUT!,  BUT!

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/230506215854202881

@GuildWars2 Also: The game will go live for everybody at the same time. ^MK

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

I hate to be that guy but I could swear I pre-purchased for "3 days head start", not "2.5 days head start". I sense a dark cloud of flame rage brewing.

I wonder if the game will start noon instead of midnight on the 28th as well... cant wait to find out though

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO FOR THOSE EXTRA 12 HOURS!?

*cries*

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

it's Aug 25 00:00 EDT right?

Edit-
    oh yeah now i got it, it points to Aug 25 12noon on my system clock, got too excited

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by Siphaed

24days-15hrs-5 minutes right now at 8:55pm PST.  That drops right onto 12pm August 25th.  That is, unless each time zone actually launches noon their own.  BUT!,  BUT!

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/230506215854202881

@GuildWars2 Also: The game will go live for everybody at the same time. ^MK

Hmm, I know someone in the Atlantic time zone that also showed Noon est, but if it's changing based on time zone that the countown is borked.  I'm back to thinking the OP is right :P

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Right now its 12am for me, and the count down shows 24 days and 12 hours, meaning for me (east coast, USA) it would be up at 12pm.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• DirkzenDirkzen Member Posts: 144

http://gw2status.com/     My homepage for the past few months.

Countdown clock, PLUS it keeps an eye on the latest patches and updates so you're not stuck with a 2 hour download on launch day.

I can't wait.

• MrlogicMrlogic Member Posts: 178

12pm CET! :) Can't wait

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Counter seems bugged for now. They twitter their Web guys will check it.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by Justsomenoob
    WHAT AM I GOING TO DO FOR THOSE EXTRA 12 HOURS!? *cries*

nyquil (kidding) though sleeping would be my recommendation :)

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Possibly, but it goes on par with the BWE's that all started at noon PST as well.  Until they mention that the clock is right, wrong, or whatever I'll just take a stance that it's going to be noon PST.

• AqueAque Member Posts: 118

Awesome

:D

• InvisitorInvisitor Member Posts: 7

So according to this gw2 would launch... 12:00 my time.... Nice

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Originally posted by Siphaed
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Possibly, but it goes on par with the BWE's that all started at noon PST as well.  Until they mention that the clock is right, wrong, or whatever I'll just take a stance that it's going to be noon PST.

And according to the timer on my side here, it would release 12:00 my time (which is 3am PST).

The counter is bugged.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768

yea something must be up. mine says 24 days exactly and its noon here,   eastern time zone

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

I hate to be that guy but I could swear I pre-purchased for "3 days head start", not "2.5 days head start". I sense a dark cloud of flame rage brewing.

I would assume launch will also be at noon PDT on 8/28, so headstart will in fact be 72 hours long.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267
    Donbt trust the counter. Servers will crash anyways.
  • FaulknerFaulkner Member UncommonPosts: 108

I am thinking in my head the old 80's song "The Final Count Down"...dunn dunn..nm I will spare my singing lol

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

I will be using that Weekend anyway to get out a little before the winter arrives.

Then I leave the server problems and start headache for you guys :) And then I can play fine at monday!

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

I totally hope that what I see on my side is right, noon CET would be perfect, nice long sleep and decent breakfast before diving into the game. If it's noon PST then headstart launch day will be a loooooooong day.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by GrumpyCharr

It's noon EST, according to the countdown on the website - which would be 9AM PST.  Look at the timer on the site and do the math.

I have to agree. 9AM PST/ 12 Noon EST. That's what it shows for me. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

3 day head start? Ummm not really. For me its 4pm my time. I was personally wanted to see the game open AM PST time. Did say 3 day head start.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

3 day head start? Ummm not really. For me its 4pm my time. I was personally wanted to see the game open AM PST time. Did say 3 day head start.

If the launch time at launch day is the same as for the headstart it's still 3 days headstart regardless of time of day it launches for you or if you'll be able to play during that time.