Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Unchained: Latest Development Update Posted

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Funcom's Oliver Kunz has posted the latest Age of Conan: Unchained development update that gives players an inside look at what the team has been working on for the last month. Most compellingly, Kunz talks about how the 'single server technology' utilized by The Secret World will be rolling into AoC over time.

This means that we can start the process of rolling Age of Conan onto the new platform. This process is now in motion and will continue in stages until probably early next year. Retro-fitting a new system like this is not just "plug and play" when it comes to not just an existing game (that wasn't originally designed to support it), but an existing game with over four years worth of data. This means that to mitigate risk, we have chopped the process up into smaller steps so that we can ensure it is done as smoothly as possible, and that we aren't all hanging around waiting for a year before absolutely everything we want to do with it gets done.

Read the full post on the Age of Conan site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

The F2P model is keeping me away from coming back to AoC. Too many restrictions, too pricey cash shop and in the end not allowing AA advancement once you reach cap makes the F2P model nothing more then a trial.

Funcom...look at Aion F2P model. I've spent more money there because it's all cosmetic and convenient items. Don't be so greedy, your player base is so low because your F2P model sucks arse.

Kudos on TSW btw. I love that game.