Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Update 1.1 Released

13»

Comments

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by cronius77

[...]and still no chat fixes or bug fixes listed. [...]

This is incorrect, /say and custom channels (broken in 1.0.2) are now fixed on Live, these generated a number of ragethreads on the forums. The longstanding bug with chat tabs losing subscription to non-global channels (i.e. most of them) when zoning, entering or leaving instances, &c., is purportedly addressed in the current test build (not been on to check).

Update notes for 1.1 were posted in the announcements section of the forum, a few minutes after the servers came back up after the patch, this lists a number of bug fixes:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showpost.php?p=1314856&postcount=3

ETA: never mind, that link was in the OP anyway. I'm tired.
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

I would probably play this if I didnt have to pay $50 for the client. $15 for one month seems reasonable. $50 + a sub is just too much for a standard mmo.

• AurkayneAurkayne Member Posts: 6

I picked up a lifetime sub during the closed beta.  Totally worth it imo.

-K.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

I really can't justify paying 15 bucks a month for 6 new missions. (1 was just cut out of CB so not couning it in).

Considering that for those who dislike dungeon grind there is not much to do other than grinding Fusang day after day. TIme to move on and return after 5 or 6 months.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Svarcanum
    A very nice update. Sadly, though, a very buggy one. AH bugged, hats bugged, grouping bugged.

Some bugs in the AH, I haven't seen any of the others. It's funny how these things effect some and not others. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by lifeordinary

I really can't justify paying 15 bucks a month for 6 new missions. (1 was just cut out of CB so not couning it in).

Considering that for those who dislike dungeon grind there is not much to do other than grinding Fusang day after day. TIme to move on and return after 5 or 6 months.

If all you are looking for is duengeons that's all you'll see. There is plenty of activity on that front. 

Do you like to build? I'm sure if you play you don't have more than 50% of the wheel completed.

Do you like to explore? The lore pieces were done right. You put a area story together (which is well written) plus xp and achievements. Jumping puzzles and the like.

Do like to Theory Craft? I'm still waiting in the magical best build. Remember people were saying withen a week there will be cookie cutter best build? I laughed then and I am laughing now at those comments. There are dummies and dps meter addons.

Do you like to RP? Tabula Rasa is actual content put in for RPrs. It's a group RP area. Plus all the clothes and even RP addons

Do you like solo PVE content? Try the lairs if you want a challenge.

Do you like to craft? TSW has the best crafting system hands down (...EVE) Everything for weapons to fireworks to gadgets and If I was a betting man clothes will be craftable soon. 

There is PLENTY to do outside of dungeons and Fusang. You just have to do it image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Not in relation with OP :-), but does any1 know about some good site with tips, guides, .... for TSW and that are not FAKE free? Mainly all "free" sites are actually Killerguides and alike.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by lifeordinary

If all you are looking for is duengeons that's all you'll see. There is plenty of activity on that front. 

Do you like to build? I'm sure if you play you don't have more than 50% of the wheel completed.

Do you like to explore? The lore pieces were done right. You put a area story together (which is well written) plus xp and achievements. Jumping puzzles and the like.

Do like to Theory Craft? I'm still waiting in the magical best build. Remember people were saying withen a week there will be cookie cutter best build? I laughed then and I am laughing now at those comments. There are dummies and dps meter addons.

Do you like to RP? Tabula Rasa is actual content put in for RPrs. It's a group RP area. Plus all the clothes and even RP addons

Do you like solo PVE content? Try the lairs if you want a challenge.

Do you like to craft? TSW has the best crafting system hands down (...EVE) Everything for weapons to fireworks to gadgets and If I was a betting man clothes will be craftable soon. 

There is PLENTY to do outside of dungeons and Fusang. You just have to do it image

I explored everything, even got the pink trenchcoat for it. Since i only like to use shotgun and hammer, i don't want tp grind more just to fill up rest of the weapons..which i am never going to use.

I play DP/Tank /supportand my current weapons help me do that efficently. No i don't like to RP (and i wouldn't consider it is a content)

I did few layers too but couldn't bring myself to do it again.

So yep if you are not into dungeon grinding options are very low and i mean good interesting options. So i will take break for minimum of 6 months.