Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Update 1.1 Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Funcom has announced that the 1.1 update for The Secret World has been released. The patch brings seven new missions, a new Marketplace and a host of fixes and enhancements into the game.

• Carter Unleashed: An action mission set at the Innsmouth Academy on Solomon Island, where the player gets to know more about the exceptionally gifted student Carter. Exploring the hallway below the academy, Carter will need help controlling her powers -- before they get completely out of hand.

• Crime and Punishment: Bestselling horror author Sam Krieg came to Solomon Island to write his latest novel -- but there's more to it than that. Through this investigation, the player will dig into Krieg's works and the mind of an obsessed fan to learn more about the dark and hidden history of Solomon Island.

Read the full list of changes on The Secret World's forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

How could you not mention the two new Nightmare modes in your original post, which are the most important addition for end-game players?

REALITY CHECK

• StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93

who cares about endgame dungeons where is that freaking dungeon group tool ?!

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by Stofftier

who cares about endgame dungeons where is that freaking dungeon group tool ?!

They are in the process of developing it, hopefully it won't take them long to get it implemented. 

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    @ Stofftier...plz no!!! not another WOW tool..plz go back and stop crying!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

...and the gear manager still doesn't save profiles correctly after you exit the game.

/sigh

• FeydawayFeydaway Member Posts: 122

PLEASE fix the gear manager!!!

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

so, does that equate into a months worth of content?  Will it keep everyone happy? How soon till people are complaining about not having any more content?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Lots of optimization. 0 Lag in the battle grounds.

Two precision balancing moves 

Sound effects (grunts) on attack and death!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339

basically alot of the things promised a month back in this update are eitehr not there, not what they said they would be and or weredelayed even further down the r oad. So far not impressed.  Funcom a veteran developer can do better, come on funcom still in yoru corner.

I still say Trion(Rift) has done the best out of the gate as far as updates etc and keeping to what they promised in updates. But I love both games.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Originally posted by wayubb

basically alot of the things promised a month back in this update are eitehr not there, not what they said they would be and or weredelayed even further down the r oad. So far not impressed.  Funcom a veteran developer can do better, come on funcom still in yoru corner.

I still say Trion(Rift) has done the best out of the gate as far as updates etc and keeping to what they promised in updates. But I love both games.

Ill agree to that, Trion had the least amount of trouble out of the gate. this cannot be mistaken for no trouble though seeing how their data base was hacked within a week of release. then the PR moment that put them on the short bus "we aren't in azeroth anymore"

Given both those things ill agree that they did better than most out of the gate.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• MeliezaMelieza Member Posts: 269

Uhh....please name ONE thing that wasnt included in this update that they said they would add.

Absolutely EVERYTHING was included as well as a huge amount of bug fixes.

• daystar18daystar18 Member UncommonPosts: 15

great game...new content already....good job.....

• xxlilDevilxxxxlilDevilxx Member UncommonPosts: 245

Is that it? I kinda expected more since this is the first monthly content. The first content usually has lots and lots of stuff added (along with lots of stuff that breaks the existing ones).

This update just feel underwhelmed. It will be very hard to keep the sub after the first month is over.

• blackhawkzzblackhawkzz Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by xxlilDevilxx

Is that it? I kinda expected more since this is the first monthly content. The first content usually has lots and lots of stuff added (along with lots of stuff that breaks the existing ones).

This update just feel underwhelmed. It will be very hard to keep the sub after the first month is over.

Expect the second update to be bigger. In august there is apparently news of a new zone or 2 and a 10man raid.

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

Please enlighten as to what's not there.  Everything that promised for the July patch is there.  If you mean other things like raids, barber, character creator, etc.. those were never, ever mentioned for the July patch.. those were scheduled for end of August.

I don't know what's wrong with Gear Manager.  It's working on TestLive but not Live now.  I'm hoping it was some type of migration issue.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

Not impressed. An auction house, seven quests, and two new nightmare dungeons called: The Anhk and Hell Fallen.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• OcenicaOcenica Member UncommonPosts: 96

What else was promised?

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by nilden

Not impressed. An auction house, seven quests, and two new nightmare dungeons called: The Anhk and Hell Fallen.

Auction house doesn't even work ;x it's there, but you can't use it. Buy/sell buttons are disabled.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• hotixhotix Member UncommonPosts: 130

It's not to hard to reskin a dungeon, crank up the dmg/hp of mobs and say boom 2 new nightmares. We need raids and better pvp. I've already unsubbed and am slowly being pulled to purchase GW2.... 

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by hotix
    It's not to hard to reskin a dungeon, crank up the dmg/hp of mobs and say boom 2 new nightmares. We need raids and better pvp. I've already unsubbed and am slowly being pulled to purchase GW2.... 

I think a small update 30 days after the game was launched is sufficient, Hopefully a bigger content instalment will come next month.

What were you actually expecting in order for you to keep your sub..?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by snoocky
    @ Stofftier...plz no!!! not another WOW tool..plz go back and stop crying!

Why, because an LFG channel so full of grouping requests that it scrolls by too fast to read is better or more "hardcore"?  Grow up.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• TarandTarand Member Posts: 5

I think it`s practically impossible to please you bastards:P They are fixing things on the run, they have promised monthly updates... which atleast i haven`t seen before, and they have delivered what they promised for this patch... still it ain`t enough... IMO this game does it exactly how it should be done... yes yes, there are bugs.

'First post ever and it`s a rant... You made me do it with you`r endless whining  ;)

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I'm glad they added content and intend to do so monthly, but there are MAJOR issues that need to be fixed and seem to be ignored.  Chat problems and Gear Management /  Inventory are two seriously huge issues that should have been working before launch.

The thing about the LFG tool is that this game is so short, that most of the player base seems to be at or approaching end-game already, and the LFG chat channel is so flooded that you can't read it while it flies by.   Knowing how short their actual content was, they should have probably had this in the game as well.

You know, I really miss games that took 6+ months for a casual player to cap.  I played WoW and didn't start until Burning Crusade came out.  I think it took me damned near a year to hit level 70, and while I was casual, I still played at least 16 hours per week and often more.

Today I'm still a casual player, and I'm already getting my QL10 gear and cruising through the content in TSW.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer
    Originally posted by nilden

Auction house doesn't even work ;x it's there, but you can't use it. Buy/sell buttons are disabled.

Not true - the picture below shows that the buy button works:

There is a delay right now with the speed of the auction house, but it works.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• TarandTarand Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

I'm glad they added content and intend to do so monthly, but there are MAJOR issues that need to be fixed and seem to be ignored.  Chat problems and Gear Management /  Inventory are two seriously huge issues that should have been working before launch.

The thing about the LFG tool is that this game is so short, that most of the player base seems to be at or approaching end-game already, and the LFG chat channel is so flooded that you can't read it while it flies by.   Knowing how short their actual content was, they should have probbably has this in the game as well.

You know, I really miss games that took 6+ months for a casual player to cap.  I played WoW and didn't start until Burning Crusade came out.  I think it took me damned near a year to hit level 70, and while I was casual, I still played at least 16 hours per week and often more.

A year? you spent 16 hours a week and it took you a year ? Impressive, much /dance? And you are comparing A month old game to a 2 year old game with one expansion... Doesn`t really seem fair does it? 

LFG tool is easier, but makes the game less social... imo it partially ruined WOW, and it made it better:P... Noticed how no one speaks while being in dungeons anymore?

When WOW came out there was no raids either... there wasnt even Heroics... took about 2 months if i remember correct before the first raid... long time ago, so might be misstaken :P