Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Did anyone Pre-Purchase thru Gamestop?

bmw66bmw66 NJPosts: 106Member Common

Reason I ask is I was under the impression if you Pre-Purchased you would have access to the client to DL in advance eventhough obviously the release is not till the end of August.

I Pre-Purchased but dont see a link on how to DL.

«1

Comments

  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen USA, GAPosts: 2,451Member Uncommon

    Download link after you log in to your account.

    image

    What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

  • RictisRictis UnknownPosts: 1,231Member Uncommon

    From my understanding you cannot pre-purchase through retail store, unless of course you bought yours online. If you bought yours online I would contact anet support. If you went through your local store I thnk they only allow pre-orders which are not being taken at this time. I had a simmilar problem with gamestop

  • bmw66bmw66 NJPosts: 106Member Common
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

    From my understanding you cannot pre-purchase through retail store, unless of course you bought yours online. If you bought yours online I would contact anet support. If you went through your local store I thnk they only allow pre-orders which are not being taken at this time. I had a simmilar problem with gamestop

    It was online thru gamestop and is was a pre-purchase NOT a pre-order.

  • terrantterrant Virginia Beach, VAPosts: 1,683Member
    Originally posted by bmw66

    Reason I ask is I was under the impression if you Pre-Purchased you would have access to the client to DL in advance eventhough obviously the release is not till the end of August.

    I Pre-Purchased but dont see a link on how to DL.

    You entered your key on the site and all that good stuff? If you're on the GW2 account page, there should be a download link on the left.

     

    Check your reciept/whatever the key came from, and make sure it says "pre-purchased" and not "pre-ordered". Gamestop was causing major hassles for people by giving them pre-order keys instead of pre-purchase. I know for a while Anet was honoring those ar least to let them into the beta. Not sure if they will give you the 3 day head start too. May wanna contact Anet.

  • bmw66bmw66 NJPosts: 106Member Common
    Originally posted by Tayah

    Download link after you log in to your account.

    Thats just it. I cannot find where the link is.  I even checked under my recent purchases and there is nothing there.

  • VolkonVolkon Sterling, VAPosts: 3,788Member
    Originally posted by bmw66
    Originally posted by Tayah

    Download link after you log in to your account.

    Thats just it. I cannot find where the link is.  I even checked under my recent purchases and there is nothing there.

    What website are you looking at?

     

    You want this one.

    Oderint, dum metuant.
    image

  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen USA, GAPosts: 2,451Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by bmw66
    Originally posted by Tayah

    Download link after you log in to your account.

    Thats just it. I cannot find where the link is.  I even checked under my recent purchases and there is nothing there.

    I'd call gamestop and make sure they gave you the right code, because it should be there on your account page as download client on the left.

    Are you on the right page?

    image

    What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

  • GundricGundric Memphis, TNPosts: 341Member Uncommon

    I pre-purchased at Gamestop a while back.  The key was printed on my recipe and I've played in all 3 BWE's.  I had no problems.

  • bmw66bmw66 NJPosts: 106Member Common

    here is the reciept for gamestop.  The [PP] I assume means pre-purchase. 

     

    Product


    Guild Wars 2? [PP] Quantity: 1 $59.99  
     
    [Registered in GameStop PC Downloads. Right click entry in the GameStop App and select "View Registration"]
    This product is not yet available.

      Shipping $0.00  
      Discounts $0.00  
      Tax $4.20  
       
      Total $59.98 USD

    I dont know what to do after that?  I dont recall getting an email that says here is your key and DL here.

  • MsGamerladyMsGamerlady Mmoville, INPosts: 181Member Uncommon

    I prepurchased but bought the digital edition at the retail store. I had a code on my receipt where I have to log onto the gamestop website, input the code, download their client and get GW2 dl that way. There was also a game code linked to the GW2 client that I used on my arenanet acct.

    image

  • bmw66bmw66 NJPosts: 106Member Common

    Where was the key located on your reciept and where did you DL it from? A link they gave you?

  • MsGamerladyMsGamerlady Mmoville, INPosts: 181Member Uncommon

    Further down on the receipt. Says *****ACtivation Code:********
    Guild wars 2 PCD SD 8/28
    The code should be under that^
    It should also give directions after going to gamestop.com/redeem
    Follow on screen prompts.
    As well as en email address for them: downloadsupport@gamestop.com

    image

  • bmw66bmw66 NJPosts: 106Member Common
    Originally posted by MMOPug

    Further down on the receipt. Says *****ACtivation Code:********
    Guild wars 2 PCD SD 8/28
    The code should be under that^
    It should also give directions after going to gamestop.com/redeem
    Follow on screen prompts.
    As well as en email address for them: downloadsupport@gamestop.com

    Nope, didnt get that info.  I received my order number and my personal info and CC I used and the info I posted on page 1.  No code no link.

     

    Looks like Im going to call AMEX and just cancel this transaction.  I have tried to contact GS but no answer for 2 days.  Should have just waited and walked into a store like the good old days.  This is just frustrating.

  • MsGamerladyMsGamerlady Mmoville, INPosts: 181Member Uncommon

    I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I purchased GW2 at a walk in retailer ( Gs).
    There was nothing in your confirmation email that gave you a link to down load the gamestop app and get your info there?

    image

  • bmw66bmw66 NJPosts: 106Member Common
    Originally posted by MMOPug

    I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I purchased GW2 at a walk in retailer ( Gs).
    There was nothing in your confirmation email that gave you a link to down load the gamestop app and get your info there?

    Nope. Nothing.  Other than a reciept and an order number and what I posted on page one. NADA. 

     

    Maybe because ti was AFTER the last BWE??

  • terrantterrant Virginia Beach, VAPosts: 1,683Member
    Originally posted by bmw66
    Originally posted by MMOPug

    I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I purchased GW2 at a walk in retailer ( Gs).
    There was nothing in your confirmation email that gave you a link to down load the gamestop app and get your info there?

    Nope. Nothing.  Other than a reciept and an order number and what I posted on page one. NADA. 

     

    Maybe because ti was AFTER the last BWE??

    Shouldn't make a difference. Pre-purchase is Pre-purchase. I'd contact Gamestop support and see what you can do.

  • bmw66bmw66 NJPosts: 106Member Common
    Originally posted by terrant
    Originally posted by bmw66
    Originally posted by MMOPug

    I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I purchased GW2 at a walk in retailer ( Gs).
    There was nothing in your confirmation email that gave you a link to down load the gamestop app and get your info there?

    Nope. Nothing.  Other than a reciept and an order number and what I posted on page one. NADA. 

     

    Maybe because ti was AFTER the last BWE??

    Shouldn't make a difference. Pre-purchase is Pre-purchase. I'd contact Gamestop support and see what you can do.

    I did two days ago. I said I would hear back from a rep 24-48 hrs. Have not heard a thing yet. Sent a response back and said if I dont get a reply by 5pm EST 8/1/2012  Im going to call AMEX and cancel the transaction. 

  • WolfynsongWolfynsong Fort Wayne, INPosts: 237Member

    I pre-purchased the CE through GameStop, and other than some early hiccups with the whole "we don't have any codes!" thing, I haven't had any issues (yet).

    EDIT: Though I might point out that I actually walked into a store, as opposed to getting it online.

  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen USA, GAPosts: 2,451Member Uncommon

    Cancel it, get your money back and pre-purchase from Arenanet or Amazon. You'll have your code within a few minutes.

    image

    What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

  • keithiankeithian Los Angeles, CAPosts: 3,042Member Uncommon

    My situation is that I preORDERED through GameStop online for an instore purchase just to get the beta Key in April. I figured I would cancel that and decided this past weekend to order the digital copy from ArenaNet so I didn't have to stand in line. When I went to apply the serial #, the site told me I was already registered for headstart and the game in general. In other words, I got myself in April into a PrePurchase which doesn't charge me until the box arrives. ArenaNet is dragging their feet as I either try to apply the new purchase to my existing account and cancel my GameStop Purchase, or to leave teh GameStop purchase on the account, pick up the stupid box, and ArenaNet credit me for the 2nd purchase. What I don't want is two purchases of the same thing. I guess worst case is that I can always give a friend the latest purchase. I should have learned my lesson with SWTOR and GameStop that their unclear selling verbiage never ends up to be what they state. Going forward, I'm just going digital direct.

    There Is Always Hope!

  • Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,358Member Uncommon

    never never never buy from gamestop!!!

    image

  • RictisRictis UnknownPosts: 1,231Member Uncommon

    Hey,

      I found out the answer for you OP. When I paid in full at my local gamestop they gave me a code for a 1 day headstart on my receipt. This confused me because the pre-purchase was supposed to be a 3 day headstart plus the heroes band. Last night I went to gamestop and asked them if I was set up as a pre-purchase in full or if this was a pre-order receipt instead. They had me under pre-order even though I had paid in full. So I had my local gamestop remove me from pre-order status and switch me to pre-purchased status. They printed a new code that gave me access to download the client imediately and printed out the 3 day headstart bonus serial code on my receipt.

      TLDR: Make sure your code is based off "pre-purchase" and is not listed as a "pre-order". Pre-order from gamestop gives you a 1 day headstart only and does not give you early access to download the client. I would suggest either contact their customer support to switch you to pre-purchase or go to a local store and request it from them like i did.

    P.S. I know the TLDR is long, but its still shorter then my original post. So nyah.

  • keithiankeithian Los Angeles, CAPosts: 3,042Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

    Hey,

      I found out the answer for you OP. When I paid in full at my local gamestop they gave me a code for a 1 day headstart on my receipt. This confused me because the pre-purchase was supposed to be a 3 day headstart plus the heroes band. Last night I went to gamestop and asked them if I was set up as a pre-purchase in full or if this was a pre-order receipt instead. They had me under pre-order even though I had paid in full. So I had my local gamestop remove me from pre-order status and switch me to pre-purchased status. They printed a new code that gave me access to download the client imediately and printed out the 3 day headstart bonus serial code on my receipt.

      TLDR: Make sure your code is based off "pre-purchase" and is not listed as a "pre-order". Pre-order from gamestop gives you a 1 day headstart only and does not give you early access to download the client. I would suggest either contact their customer support to switch you to pre-purchase or go to a local store and request it from them like i did.

    P.S. I know the TLDR is long, but its still shorter then my original post. So nyah.

    I wish this was totally accurate but in my case I found out it wasn't. I preordered in April from GameStop only to have ArenaNet tell me the Serial # in their system was a PrePurchase with a 3 day headstart. Then I called a 2nd time to GameStop and now they are saying it was a prepurchase and they will charge my card when the box arrives. ArenaNet just gave me a credit for the 2nd order I placed since I thought the GameStop was a PreOrder not a PrePurchase. GameStop is so tricky with everything. Never again. Either way, whether at release it ends up to be 1 day or 3, I don't care anymore. Ill be playing for a long time hopefully and 2 or 3 days wont matter.

    There Is Always Hope!

  • RoybeRoybe Star, NCPosts: 420Member

    I purchased a copy online from Gamestop.  They sent me a code for the game in e-mail.  The subject was "Your exclusive Guild Wars 2 Beta Code from GameStop".

    I would call their 800 number and ask about it.  Looking back I had purchased the game 7 days earlier then the code.  Maybe it's taking them time to verify and e-mail the code?

     

  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ HillerødPosts: 1,197Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

    From my understanding you cannot pre-purchase through retail store, unless of course you bought yours online. If you bought yours online I would contact anet support. If you went through your local store I thnk they only allow pre-orders which are not being taken at this time. I had a simmilar problem with gamestop

    I pre-ordered retail in a GameStop in Denmark.

     

    I got a DVD cover with nothing but a gamecode. I went home, registeret it on http://account.guildwars2.com like the note said and then I could download the client when it was available.

     

    It is possible to pre order retail and pre-download. Its just if you purchase the standard edition, which you get at launch, instead of the pre order version only containing a cover and a serial key.

    Playing ATM: Elder Scrolls Online, Diablo 3
    MMO's shelted: Check my mmorpg profile
    KICKSTARTED: Camelot Unchained. (250 USD)

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.