Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware employees rate Bioware off the record.

BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

This is a fun little read for you nosy people.

See what Bioware employees say about the company when they can go off the record.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/BioWare-Reviews-E22998.htm

Comments

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316

cantine and sanitary issues

that's all i need to know. 

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149

TLDR; Free food is awesome, EA is the devil, Managment doesnt know it's ass from a hole in the ground.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

I see a lot of complaints about pressure from EA on here, and stupid things like Marketing making major decisions about the future of the company.....I bet Bioware were a great company to work for before EA took over...

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by dead2soon

TLDR; Free food is awesome, EA is the devil, Managment doesnt know it's ass from a hole in the ground.

Similar to when I worked for Nestle. The work perks were nice, especially purchasing items from the company store at significantly reduced price. Management was full of themselves though....which is a lot of places I have worked unfortunately.

• jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209

The common theme seemed to be that no matter how much fun they had working there before EA, or even during, most of the employees still said "they think the company will do worse".

Prophetic

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Please don't make general BioWare/EA topics in the SWTOR forum, which is for specific SWTOR discussion. Moving thread.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

So they are saying there's a lot of nepotism in the games industry??

Who woulda thought?

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• Many of the reviews mention massive employee turnover rates. Is this common in the industry, because in other businesses I'm familiar with it's usually a bad sign.

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

Hahaha, this is priceless : 2 days ago the page worked, I read it all like all of you.

Now check it out again. As a matter of fact, even if there were reviews dating from 2009, the company has suddenly became "on pending autorisation to be on our pages".

Pathetic EA. 

PATHETIC.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Anyone notice the one review where they said that EA is destroying the bioware culture? O.O

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by Castillle

Anyone notice the one review where they said that EA is destroying the bioware culture? O.O

Absolutely.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246
    Originally posted by stragen001

I see a lot of complaints about pressure from EA on here, and stupid things like Marketing making major decisions about the future of the company.....I bet Bioware were a great company to work for before EA took over...

Not sure when BioWare got bought out by EA, but long ago, I'd say without hesitation BioWare was the best damn RPG dev house anywhere.  But that's not the case anymore and hasn't been so for years.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572

What a shame. Pretty much confirms what all of Bioware's fans have been feeling about them lately. EA is just suffocating Bioware. 

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

It is not just EA & Bioware.

I have worked for major companies in the past.  A company is a great place to work then either they start buying out other companies or are bought by others and the place goes to hell.

Work load goes up, people get layed off, managers get MBAs and turn into tyrants.  I have seen this happen again and again.

This is nothing new.

Sadly it will continue.