Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

will there be a NA RP server?

eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I had seen a thread some time ago showing a list of the servers for NA and EU, and there was a EU RP server, but no RP server for NA. Anyone know anything on this?

I would look to find the thread but the Forum search is about as useful as chopsticks for cream soup, so I'm guessing that MMORPG.com actually wants us to make more threads about the same topics rather then necro a thread from 3 weeks ago.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Comments

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Last I checked there were no 'official' RP servers for ANY of the regions.

Instead, the RP has taken it upon themselves to designate certain servers as theirs, for people who want to RP. It won't be official, but you'll have a lot of people from the same community all in one place.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Not sure about official, but the unofficial through beta was Tarnished Coast.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• AqueAque Member Posts: 118

Tarnished Coast is the unoffical RP server for the US at the moment-

Arenanet are still considering adding in official RP server for the US.

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

I believe [NA]Tarnished Coast and [EU]Piken Square are the unofficial RP servers.

I can't get the MMORPG search to work for me, either... so I use google.

Try using this at Google:  <text to search> site:mmorpg.com  

So if I wanted to use Google to search for "permadeath" at mmorpg.com I could enter this into the search box:

pearmadeath site:mmorpg.com  

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by OldManFunk

I believe [NA]Tarnished Coast and [EU]Piken Square are the unofficial RP servers.

I can't get the MMORPG search to work for me, either... so I use google.

Try using this at Google:  site:mmorpg.com  

So if I wanted to use Google to search for "permadeath" at mmorpg.com I could enter this into the search box:

pearmadeath site:mmorpg.com  

Hey, thats handy! I like that. Thanks

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I usually play on Roleplay PvP servers and I've played on Roleplay servers when DAOC came out. I've found that since WoW came out, there really isn't a Roleplay server as we use to know. Whether you're on a RP server, regular server, or pvp, or a mix of rp and pvp, they're all the same. Game companies do not enforce roleplay rules at least to stop the absurd names created, and they do not care if roleplayers are harrassed. They usually give a server a RP tag and that's it. With GW2, it will be the first game I don't choose RP server with.

If game companies enforced real roleplay rules I would play on a RP server, but I doubt I ever see that again.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

If there's no official designated RP server(s) on release, then roll on Tarnished Coast.

That's the unofficial RP server and there was quite a bit of RP on it (It's a good sign when you see a good amount of RP on a server during a beta weekend that's only going to be around a few days)

Originally posted by Tayah

I usually play on Roleplay PvP servers and I've played on Roleplay servers when DAOC came out. I've found that since WoW came out, there really isn't a Roleplay server as we use to know. Whether you're on a RP server, regular server, or pvp, or a mix of rp and pvp, they're all the same. Game companies do not enforce roleplay rules at least to stop the absurd names created, and they do not care if roleplayers are harrassed. They usually give a server a RP tag and that's it. With GW2, it will be the first game I don't choose RP server with.

If game companies enforced real roleplay rules I would play on a RP server, but I doubt I ever see that again.

The first time I ever played on a RP server was with AoC, and I had never bothered with that sort of thing before. I found people had respect for the other players even though they may have been in an opposing guild.  it was absolutely the best OWPvP experience I've had. I really enjoyed it and liked how much more involved with your character you became. Then they merged the servers in AoC and merged our RP-PvP server with a PvP server.  The game went downhill instantly to the point that I actively HATE  people that want OWPvP in games. I cheer every time I see one complain that  a new game doesn't have OWPvP and I am so glad that there isn't any in GW2.  So I'm thinking that I would like to roll on an RP server and even if it doesn't end up working out that I get involved in RP, I still have alot of respect for RP players and think they will have a good community.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

I think there should be a RP server.. so Rpers can unite a bit easier.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MartyrA2JMartyrA2J Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Aque

Tarnished Coast is the unoffical RP server for the US at the moment-

Arenanet are still considering adding in official RP server for the US.

This ^^^^^^^

Tarnished Coast is the RP server. Atleast it was during beta.

I plan to get back on Tarnished Coast when the servers go live. All I gotta say is MEESHA!!!!

Yes they should have RP servers...the lore is very rich and the universe is so purdy.

As Always IMHO
    In my humble opinion.
    M.

Does anyone think that the RP server would end up having less players involved in WvW?

• NobadeeftwNobadeeftw Member UncommonPosts: 129

There is a large RP community that is set on Tarnished Coast when GW2 comes back up, unless something changes with the servers before then.

Should check out the community if you are interested in becoming a part of it.

www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by eyelolled

Does anyone think that the RP server would end up having less players involved in WvW?

I know it's just the beta and hard to draw any conclusions from it, but Tarnished Coast actually did really well any time I

popped in for some WvWvW, holding big map portions. 

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

There won't be an RP server. Unofficial RP server is meaningless since there is no attempt to enforce anything (player and guild names for instance). Even most RP servers in games these days get no special treatment regarding naming or conduct. Those days are gone.

Originally posted by hundejahre

There won't be an RP server. Unofficial RP server is meaningless since there is no attempt to enforce anything (player and guild names for instance). Even most RP servers in games these days get no special treatment regarding naming or conduct. Those days are gone.

I'm more interested in playing the game with those people rather than actually roleplaying, but it does suck that the devs don't try and foster roleplaying more.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

With all the interest GW2 is generating, I fear 1 RP server (unofficial or not) will not be enough. So prepare for queues and super amount of people.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"