Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Things we do NOT know about Guild Wars 2

RameiArashiRameiArashi Lincoln, NEPosts: 293Member

We do not know what effect choosing a god for human character has on it. We know other two questions effect personal story.

 

We do not know what effect choosing a sprit has on norn character.

 

We do not know what effect choosing asura's mentor has on asura character.

 

We do not know if charr choice for sparring partner leads to different story lines or just effects which NPC appears in other story lines.

 

We do not know if sylvari's choice for time of day born leads to different story lines or just effects which NPC appears in other story lines.

 

We don't know what the evil faction for human is. Arenanet told us about norn, charr, asura and sylvari factions but not human. Probably because it would be a major spoiler.

 

We don't know how Cadeurn (a secondborn sylvari), founder of the Nightmare Court lost  its leadership to Faolin (a firstborn).

 

We don't know the name of the Deep Sea Dragon, except that it is NOT Bubbles!

 

We don't know how Zaihtan will be defeated (I hope we dont just put the dragon back to sleep).

 

We don't know if /dance emote will be in game at launch. Or what dances will be like.

 

W don't know when the first expanion will be added or what it will add. Lots of fans hope tengu as playable race.

 

We don't know what state humanity is in in Cantha.

 

We don't know what state humanity is in in Elona.


We do not know what recommended system configuration is, only minimum, and even that is subject to change after optimization.

 

]We do not know the launch time (only date).  - now known (this site needs to add striking out text)

 

We do not know what time servers will be live for the "three days" of early access for those who pre-purchased.

image

Comments

  • rdrpappyrdrpappy Hamilton, OHPosts: 325Member

    This seems really important to you.

  • terrantterrant Virginia Beach, VAPosts: 1,683Member
    Originally posted by RameiArashi

    We do not know what effect choosing a god for human character has on it. We know other two questions effect personal story.

     

    We do not know what effect choosing a sprit has on norn character.

     

    We do not know what effect choosing asura's mentor has on asura character.

     

    We do not know if charr choice for sparring partner leads to different story lines or just effects which NPC appears in other story lines.

     

    We do not know if sylvari's choice for time of day born leads to different story lines or just effects which NPC appears in other story lines.

     

    We don't know what the evil faction for human is. Arenanet told us about norn, charr, asura and sylvari factions but not human. Probably because it would be a major spoiler.

     

    We don't know how Cadeurn (a secondborn sylvari), founder of the Nightmare Court lost  its leadership to Faolin (a firstborn).

     

    We don't know the name of the Deep Sea Dragon, except that it is NOT Bubbles!

     

    We don't know how Zaihtan will be defeated (I hope we dont just put the dragon back to sleep).

     

    We don't know if /dance emote will be in game at launch. Or what dances will be like.

     

    W don't know when the first expanion will be added or what it will add. Lots of fans hope tengu as playable race.

     

    We don't know what state humanity is in in Cantha.

     

    We don't know what state humanity is in in Elona.


    We do not know what recommended system configuration is, only minimum, and even that is subject to change after optimization.

     

    We do not know the launch time (only date).

     

    We do not know what time servers will be live for the "three days" of early access for those who pre-purchased.

    1) If I remember right (and I could be wrong), that choice of god affecting which "prayer to" skill you could get as a human.

    2) Like with humans, I assumed this decided which shapeshift Elite you got.

    3) Presumably similar to the CHar, if affects which ones you interact with. I know I had Brock show up in a PS quest.

    4) We don't know yet. Personally I hope so. So far though it just seems to give you some dialogue and a different npc teammate in PS quests.

    5) Much like the above, no clue but seems as though it might affect some NPCs.

    6) We do know the evil faction for human. At the very least, it's mentioned clearly in the Human PS quests if you choose the "parents" option. I won't say beyond that, other than it's a name anyone from GW1 will remember.

    7-9) No comment on any of these

    10) Odd that we don't have dances yet. We've seen a GM on a beta server somehow enact what appears to be the Asura dance though I think. Honestly, as long as it isn't stupid pop culture references, I'll be happy.

    11) Expansions are a long way off. Anet has hinted before that they make make Tengu playable.

    12-13) Both nations, I expect, will be unveiled in future expansions.

    14)  No comment.

    15-16) I'ma assume, based on how Anet has operated, midnight  or early AM PST. Not really sure though. Hope we find out soon.

     

  • DaezAsterDaezAster new york, NYPosts: 803Member

    Well I have not dug to deep into the game myself as I would like to discover this stuff as I go along, atleast with my first character .  It's one of the reasons I haven't touched the spvp, don't want to ruin the joy of discovery. ; )

  • MagnetiaMagnetia SydneyPosts: 1,029Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by terrant

    1) If I remember right (and I could be wrong), that choice of god affecting which "prayer to" skill you could get as a human.

     

    2) Like with humans, I assumed this decided which shapeshift Elite you got.

     

     

    This is what I originally thought as well. However I discovered that the prayer/shapshifter skills are accquired via skill points. 

    I still do not know what the Human god or the Norn spirits mean yet. I can only assume it is in a later story mission.

    Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

  • MrlogicMrlogic Posts: 178Member

    As to when we will be able to play, pre-launch, I heard somewhere it would be around 6am CET

  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Huntsville, ALPosts: 1,365Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by rdrpappy

    This seems really important to you.

     

    a lot of what he brings up is lore related.  there are a lot of fans of the GW2 lore and fiction in general.

    here is another fellow who is also particularly interested in GW2 lore: http://www.youtube.com/user/WoodenPotatoes

    lots of cool information and discussion in those videos.  he may even touch on a couple of the points the OP brings up but i don't know off-hand as i haven't watched all of the videos there.

     

    to rdrpappy - i suggest checking out your local library in the fiction section, many people have garnered much enjoyment from the [fiction] genre overall for a very long time!  i would wager you could find something that you may someday love and could be important to you as well within the genre!

    cheers to all fans of fiction, including the wonderful world of Tyria!

  • RedecRedec Goodlettsville, TNPosts: 33Member Uncommon

    I looked for a server list earlier and couldn't find one. is there one yet, and if so can you point me in the direction please?

  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,064Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn
    Originally posted by rdrpappy

    This seems really important to you.

     

    a lot of what he brings up is lore related.  there are a lot of fans of the GW2 lore and fiction in general.

    here is another fellow who is also particularly interested in GW2 lore: http://www.youtube.com/user/WoodenPotatoes

    lots of cool information and discussion in those videos.  he may even touch on a couple of the points the OP brings up but i don't know off-hand as i haven't watched all of the videos there.

     

    to rdrpappy - i suggest checking out your local library in the fiction section, many people have garnered much enjoyment from the [fiction] genre overall for a very long time!  i would wager you could find something that you may someday love and could be important to you as well within the genre!

    cheers to all fans of fiction, including the wonderful world of Tyria!

    Most of the lore should be "not known" as its up to you to find out in your personal story.

     

    Its a good thing that these things are not generally known yet, woulf ruin part of the adventure named GWW2

    Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

  • VoidspawnVoidspawn SerresPosts: 22Member

    About the /dance emote, the devs have already confirmed it on the forums during BWE2 and 3. They said the dances will be there at launch

    Claire Gearhead - Level 80 Norn Engineer - Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

  • Master10KMaster10K LondonPosts: 3,065Member
    Originally posted by Voidspawn

    About the /dance emote, the devs have already confirmed it on the forums during BWE2 and 3. They said the dances will be there at launch

    The funny thing is that the Asura dance emote was in the dev build of the game, just not the beta we played. So at least we know they'll be in the game at launch.

    image

  • Master10KMaster10K LondonPosts: 3,065Member
    Originally posted by Redec

    I looked for a server list earlier and couldn't find one. is there one yet, and if so can you point me in the direction please?

    The only server lists we've had are the ones for the beta. Those servers will remain, ArenaNet will likely add more servers on top of them. Before you ask, there are no dedicated PvP or RP servers, but the unfofficial RP servers are currently Tarnished Coast (US) / Piken Square (EU).

    image

  • Matheusor1Matheusor1 New York, NYPosts: 174Member
    Originally posted by Magnetia
    Originally posted by terrant

    1) If I remember right (and I could be wrong), that choice of god affecting which "prayer to" skill you could get as a human.

     

    2) Like with humans, I assumed this decided which shapeshift Elite you got.

     

     

    This is what I originally thought as well. However I discovered that the prayer/shapshifter skills are accquired via skill points. 

    I still do not know what the Human god or the Norn spirits mean yet. I can only assume it is in a later story mission.

    I get the feeling those choices decide your next personal story step. Because the game works with 10-lvl story arcs, and we get to choose our order at lvl 30, which will define the story from that point on. Thus, the story arc from levels 20 to 30 should be something race/choice related.

     

    Also, for the state of humanity in Elona, all we know is that <3 Palawa <3 is ruling

  • Kyus_HoBKyus_HoB LondonPosts: 185Member

    I bet a mini pet pack we will be paying for different dances and emotes at some stage via the gem store.

    (which is exactly the kind of stuff that should go in the store)

  • Matheusor1Matheusor1 New York, NYPosts: 174Member
    Originally posted by Kyus_HoB

    I bet a mini pet pack we will be paying for different dances and emotes at some stage via the gem store.

    (which is exactly the kind of stuff that should go in the store)

    And people are gonna be pissed. Just like they were pissed when everyone assumed 'transmutation stones were gem store only' (which is also the kind of stuff that should go into the store)

  • Kyus_HoBKyus_HoB LondonPosts: 185Member
    Originally posted by Matheusor1
    Originally posted by Kyus_HoB

    I bet a mini pet pack we will be paying for different dances and emotes at some stage via the gem store.

    (which is exactly the kind of stuff that should go in the store)

    And people are gonna be pissed. Just like they were pissed when everyone assumed 'transmutation stones were gem store only' (which is also the kind of stuff that should go into the store)

    indeed, the best way around it would be and hopefully is, to implement a standard /dance which everyone has and then offer /dancepop /dancehiphop /dancenorthernsoul /dancesafetydance as emotes or emote packs?

  • terrantterrant Virginia Beach, VAPosts: 1,683Member
    Originally posted by Matheusor1
    Originally posted by Kyus_HoB

    I bet a mini pet pack we will be paying for different dances and emotes at some stage via the gem store.

    (which is exactly the kind of stuff that should go in the store)

    And people are gonna be pissed. Just like they were pissed when everyone assumed 'transmutation stones were gem store only' (which is also the kind of stuff that should go into the store)

    Let's see...track record here...

     

    People assumed mystic keys were going to be store only and flipped. Then got proven wrong.

    They thought boosters were as well. Proven wrong.

    They thought transmute stones were. Proven wrong.

    There was a like 50 page thread here with people CONVINCED the final two races were cash shop only. Good lord were they proven wrong.

    So...What are the odds dances are cash shop only?

     

    I don't doubt they'll have some extra ones in there, but I suspect every race or profession will have its dance. (it was prof based in GW1, but that was a 1-race game. May have changed)

  • Kyus_HoBKyus_HoB LondonPosts: 185Member
    Originally posted by terrant
    Originally posted by Matheusor1
    Originally posted by Kyus_HoB

    I bet a mini pet pack we will be paying for different dances and emotes at some stage via the gem store.

    (which is exactly the kind of stuff that should go in the store)

    And people are gonna be pissed. Just like they were pissed when everyone assumed 'transmutation stones were gem store only' (which is also the kind of stuff that should go into the store)

    Let's see...track record here...

     

    People assumed mystic keys were going to be store only and flipped. Then got proven wrong.

    They thought boosters were as well. Proven wrong.

    They thought transmute stones were. Proven wrong.

    There was a like 50 page thread here with people CONVINCED the final two races were cash shop only. Good lord were they proven wrong.

    So...What are the odds dances are cash shop only?

     

    I don't doubt they'll have some extra ones in there, but I suspect every race or profession will have its dance. (it was prof based in GW1, but that was a 1-race game. May have changed)

    I think we were both agreeing with everything you wrote 100%.:-s

    Extra emotes as a source of cash shop income is a great idea though, give the general populace some standard ones and then sell some emote packs through the gem store to generate some extra revenue. The fact the list of current emotes is quite short is probably an indicator of this being the direction arena net are taking.

  • terrantterrant Virginia Beach, VAPosts: 1,683Member
    Originally posted by Kyus_HoB
    Originally posted by terrant
    Originally posted by Matheusor1
    Originally posted by Kyus_HoB

    I bet a mini pet pack we will be paying for different dances and emotes at some stage via the gem store.

    (which is exactly the kind of stuff that should go in the store)

    And people are gonna be pissed. Just like they were pissed when everyone assumed 'transmutation stones were gem store only' (which is also the kind of stuff that should go into the store)

    Let's see...track record here...

     

    People assumed mystic keys were going to be store only and flipped. Then got proven wrong.

    They thought boosters were as well. Proven wrong.

    They thought transmute stones were. Proven wrong.

    There was a like 50 page thread here with people CONVINCED the final two races were cash shop only. Good lord were they proven wrong.

    So...What are the odds dances are cash shop only?

     

    I don't doubt they'll have some extra ones in there, but I suspect every race or profession will have its dance. (it was prof based in GW1, but that was a 1-race game. May have changed)

    I think we were both agreeing with everything you wrote 100%.:-s

    Extra emotes as a source of cash shop income is a great idea though, give the general populace some standard ones and then sell some emote packs through the gem store to generate some extra revenue. The fact the list of current emotes is quite short is probably an indicator of this being the direction arena net are taking.

    Personal opinion? They have most of them turned off. We know for a fact they have the dances off (an Anet employee was showing off the Asuran areas just before BWE3, and he was able to dance on the build he was using), so thinking they have them disabled. not sure whether that's due to them being somehow incomplete, or horrible bugs, or they just didn't want people in BWE sitting around /dance-ing for hours, or what...

     

    I know we were in agreeance; I just wanted to nip that one in the bud before we see 400000 threads up saying Anet is greedy because they made dances cash shop only.

     

    I mean, that's going to happen anyway; but I can hope, right?

  • PanteraRosaPanteraRosa Pueblo, COPosts: 34Member Uncommon

    We do not know what the hell your talkin about.....

  • Matheusor1Matheusor1 New York, NYPosts: 174Member

    No one said for sure there are gonna be gem store dances. Heck, we barely know there are gonna be dances.

    We were just discussing the possibility of emotes being a microtransaction. I wouldn't buy them myself, but I can accept that idea (as it is purely cosmetic, like pretty much everything in the cash shop).

    I was just pointing out that it is customary for people to get disturbed and flood the forums everytime a new microtransaction is announced.

    Anyways, no need to get all worked up about it. When we talked about new emotes, we were just discussing a hypothetical scenario, that's all :)

  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Somewhere Out There, PAPosts: 2,320Member Uncommon

    There will definitely be /dance emotes, the female asura one has already been shown. The only thing we don't know is whether it will be class based, race based and/or gender based. 

    Not that I care. I never quite got what people found so interesting about emotes. If I can't crush someone's head with it, it bores me.

    "Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

  • RameiArashiRameiArashi Lincoln, NEPosts: 293Member

    I only saw mystic keys in gem store, but I wasn't searching for them.

     

    We see charr sparring partner following our charr into personal stories and sylvari luminary showing up, But human gods and norn sprits don't show up,at least in ealy parts. Its probably a good guess they show up later, or at least their representatives, It may just be a human priest/priestess  or norn shaman who asks for our help.

     

    The story may reveal what the human's evil faction is but it hasn't been revealed outside the game, like the other four races.  We were told right off about Flame Legion (pretty obvious actually),  Sons of Svanir, The Inquest and The Nightmare Court. They were mentioned in the racial blogs.

    image

Sign In or Register to comment.