Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can buy MoP now

2»

Comments

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

TBH id prefered if not so many mmos and expansions had turned out this year.- I like wow (been playing it since it came out), ive also prepurchased GW2 and discovered to my horror (never better said)  than i am quite hooked  into TSW. I have wife and kids, you  know. id have been grateful if all these companies didnt rush out their products all at once,  considering 2011 was a drought year (with the possible exception of rift. oh dear, i play rift too. id forgotten that)

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845
    Originally posted by jeremyjodes

The Op has a right to speak about Wow in a forum dedicated for the Wow players. I love you guys sometimes, but you can be sad.

Agreed.

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845
    Originally posted by Valua

I've bought a copy, my brother, brother in law and nephew have also bought copies, and nearly all the people I know in real life and in game who play WoW have either pre-purchased it or are going to nearer the time.

It's selling more then any other game right now, so it's doing well (yes, including GW2.)

No one is expecting any different from WOW, however, do you have any proof... as in, a link to an article which cites MoP sales.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

I don't like digital copies of my collector's edition. So I'll be reserving a physical box for that. But my wife will probably be getting the digital copy as she could care less if it's a real box or not. Thanks for the info though!

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by joocheese

I've bought a copy, my brother, brother in law and nephew have also bought copies, and nearly all the people I know in real life and in game who play WoW have either pre-purchased it or are going to nearer the time.

It's selling more then any other game right now, so it's doing well (yes, including GW2.)

No one is expecting any different from WOW, however, do you have any proof... as in, a link to an article which cites MoP sales.

Heres a link to Amazon (UK) best selling game list - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bestsellers-PC-Video-Games/zgbs/videogames

Here's Amazon (US) best selling game list - http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

Both of them are overall video game sales, not just pc, but below are the pc sales for both sites.

Amazon UK PC games - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bestsellers-PC-Video-Games-Macintosh/zgbs/videogames/676427011/ref=zg_bs_nav_vg_h__1_vg_h_

Amazon US PC games - http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Video-Games-PC-Hardware/zgbs/videogames/229575/ref=zg_bs_nav_vg_1_vg

Guild Wars 2 appears on the PC charts for both sites, but Pandaria is number one on all lists.

Remember too, this is only Amazon, but almost all other sites have very similar charts with WoW on top, also remember most of WoW's sales will come directly from their website (Like all the sales I mentioned in my original post.)

Edit; Also GW2 has been on sale for a while now, so it's pretty obvious WoW would have took over sales at this point. But even if they were both on sale initially at the same time WoW would have been on top.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

You know what would get me interested is a panda skin mouse pad promo..

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Originally posted by escarreta

Nobody wants to know about WOW sorry, we already have much better mmorpgs to play...

So wich ones are these then? because the reviews I read are mostly bad from new releases.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by denshing

Why would I buy a panda expansion?

fixed.

you dont like it, you dont buy it..... millions will

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Netspook

I'm surprised there's no thread about this already, but you can actually buy MoP now, from your battle.net account. I *could* list prices and contents for the two editions, but I'm not sure if that breaks any rules (advertising). Just head over to battle.net and see for yourself.

Note that the release date is September 25 - buying it now won't change that ;)

I am surprised anyone would care enough about MoP to check their Battlenet account and post the news here.

By the way I am not interested in Pandas, I wanted Mini Ponies instead..............I hope the next expansion will have them.

Looking how things are going for Blizzard, I won't be surprised if they actually did it................

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

the wow robots will buy MOP and is why its number 1 already on amazon though how you can even post anything as factual from amazon is beyond me as they are not realiable anymore. MOP sucks as an expansion and it just proves the point more each day that gamers are addicts way worse then any heroin or crystal meth addict out there for their drug of choice. NO matter what shitty crap blizzard throws at their playerbase , those addicts still consume it out of control and wait another year and a half for more.

Originally posted by cronius77

the wow robots will buy MOP and is why its number 1 already on amazon though how you can even post anything as factual from amazon is beyond me as they are not realiable anymore. MOP sucks as an expansion and it just proves the point more each day that gamers are addicts way worse then any heroin or crystal meth addict out there for their drug of choice. NO matter what shitty crap blizzard throws at their playerbase , those addicts still consume it out of control and wait another year and a half for more.

And the Anit-WoW robots won't buy it.

Have you actually played Pandaria? Bet you haven't. So you shouldn't have an opinion on the game.

Mists of Pandaria is actually the best expansion to date (in my opinion) I hated Cataclysm and disliked Burning Crusade, but I love Pandaria.

The Panda race doesn't make or break this expansion, I don't know why people think it will, people actually said the same about the Draeni before Burning Crusade "OMG WOW IS GETTING STUPID ALIENS!!!1!!!one!!!" etc.

In my opinion (which is more factual than yours because I've played the beta quite a bit) is that Pandaria will bring more players back to WoW than any other expansion, and it will attract more than any other expansion.

I expect WoW to hit the 11-12 million mark early next year.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

I hope Blizzard / MOP does well. I won't be playing it but my brother will...........

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TyvolusTyvolus Member Posts: 190

OP has every right in the world to post this here in the wow forums. some of you people need to find something else to do with your time. And this is from someone who does not play or even like wow.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Valuaack

will attract more than any other expansion.

Only because of the Chinese market, who dominates WoW subscriptions .. there might be only 2-4 million left from the English speaking EU / NA regions.

And it will "wow" them, thanks to the beatiful Chinese artwork and a cultural love for Panda's .. oh snap!

Was this expansion catered to the Chinese? :P

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Requiem6Requiem6 Member Posts: 237
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by Valuaack

will attract more than any other expansion.

Only because of the Chinese market, who dominates WoW subscriptions .. there might be only 2-4 million left from the English speaking EU / NA regions.

And it will "wow" them, thanks to the beatiful Chinese artwork and a cultural love for Panda's .. oh snap!

Was this expansion catered to the Chinese? :P

You seem to like making up numbers you are complely clueless about.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

11 million maybe. 12 million is really pushing it.

the expansion will sell well, at least 10 million is a given.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i dont know what the numbers are but Blizzard reported it was 55 East - 45 West split

3 years ago, was the last time that Blizzard reported regional breakdowns

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/44698/Blizzard-On-Sales-StarCraft-II-Beta-Quality-New-MMO

By the second week of December (2008), we were at more than 11.5 million subscribers. For the year, the game grew by over 1.8 million subscribers, which is approximately 18% beyond where it was in December of 2007.

This growth was proportional across all regions, keeping us at a 55-45 split between east and west.

whatever 45% represents for US/Euro, i dont know  -- ball park of 4.5m if the overall sub base is 10.2 milllion subs

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Nadia

i dont know what the numbers are but Blizzard reported it was 55 East - 45 West split

3 years ago, was the last time that Blizzard reported regional breakdowns

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/44698/Blizzard-On-Sales-StarCraft-II-Beta-Quality-New-MMO

By the second week of December (2008), we were at more than 11.5 million subscribers. For the year, the game grew by over 1.8 million subscribers, which is approximately 18% beyond where it was in December of 2007.

This growth was proportional across all regions, keeping us at a 55-45 split between east and west.

whatever 45% represents for US/Euro, i dont know  -- ball park of 4.5m if the overall sub base is 10.2 milllion subs

Well last year (summer 2011), the same quarter Blizzard reported a loss of 700k "subscribers" (net loss), they also noted a gain in Chinese accounts.  So the perceived loss from NA / EU was more than 700k.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395

pre-ordered the collectors edition.

Originally posted by DJJazzy

11 million maybe. 12 million is really pushing it.

the expansion will sell well, at least 10 million is a given.

Hmmm, the expansion won't sell close to 10 million, because chinese players get the expansion for free and they make up for just over half WoW's player base.

But it will sell around 4-6 million, depending on how many people return.

But even with 4-6 million copies sold it will probably reach the 11-12 million player mark, the asian countries will love the expansion, it's almost catered to them completely - PvP (most love) asian setting (most love) Panda's (most love.)

I expect a WoW growth in Asia, and a slight one in western countries.