Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The RMAH makes other games free

GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

I was farming away in D3  and obtained some pants which were very high quality .

I checked the price of them and they were worth around $120 for something similar ..

However I wanted to play The Secret World  so I sold the D3 item for $60 which allowed me to buy TSW .

Btw it took about 10 mins to sell the item so someone definately knew they were getting a great deal . And I got my new game for free pretty much .

So whenever I need to play a new game I can always just log into D3 for 1 quick 20 min farming session which is quite fun if you dont play much and eventually a good item will drop which I can sell super cheap for $20 - $60 .

The RMAH is definately a great idea . I wish other games had it at well then you could pretty much just play a game and cash out when you are done via selling gear etc to pay for the next game you wish to play .

Comments

• lalapoolalapoo Member Posts: 16

Huh every 20 mins or so you can make 20 to 60 dollars, you honestly think thats how its going to play out for you, lets see.

According to you if I play D3 8 hours a day I can make approximately (using the low estimates of your post) 720 dollars a day.  Okay so if I play 5 days a week thats 3600 a week, 14400 a month and finally 172800 dollars a year playing D3.

Wow thanks for the tip.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by lalapoo

Huh every 20 mins or so you can make 20 to 60 dollars, you honestly think thats how its going to play out for you, lets see.

According to you if I play D3 8 hours a day I can make approximately (using the low estimates of your post) 720 dollars a day.  Okay so if I play 5 days a week thats 3600 a week, 14400 a month and finally 172800 dollars a year playing D3.

Wow thanks for the tip.

Lol I wish .  What  I said is if I do 1 farming session a day  ( 20 mins min )

EVENTUALLY <-- keyword  

a good item will drop which I can sell.  So it could take a 1 days , 2 days .. 20 days ?  But EVENTUALLY a good item will drop.

sorry that you cant read or mis read what I said , I hope this clears it up.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

To me someone buying the game for $60 then a single pair of pants in the game for $120 is stupid. Stupid is a strong horse, it can be riden far. The RMAH killed the game for me.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Or you could flip burgers and make that each day guaranteed. Grinding D3 is probably the worse, most un reliable way to generate an 'income' I can think of.
  • Sandman24Sandman24 Member Posts: 47

Yeah, I would rather just make money at my job.  However it is very true you can buy things with money.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Good for you. It's just sad someone payed 120$ for fancy pixel pants. lol....

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529
    Originally posted by DaezAster

Capitalism bro, those are the rules.

I heard about a guy making 100 USD / day with D3's RMAH. Its quite interesting, if the story is true D3 is paying better than a shitload of jobs around the world. Good for the "businessman", good for Blizzard, since they get a good share of your profit and bad for the game itself, but hey, who cares, it's makers sure don't.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by DaezAster

Worse is that person probably bought it so they could sell it for $250.

• The_ArgoThe_Argo Member UncommonPosts: 15

Or, and I know this idea may be outlandish to some people, you can try getting a real job! That way, you make more money and you actually contribute to society!

While your games will be "free", you will not be able to cover living costs on playing D3 alone once you leave your parents basement.

Originally posted by The_Argo

Or, and I know this idea may be outlandish to some people, you can try getting a real job! That way, you make more money and you actually contribute to society!

While your games will be "free", you will not be able to cover living costs on playing D3 alone once you leave your parents basement.

He's not saying it's his job. He's saying he can make a few bucks by playing a video game. One that he finds fun. Teh Horror!!

• ictownictown Member Posts: 123

what's so bad people making money from D3, if it pays their bills why not. People are willing to buy pretty much anything. If you know what you doing, you can make a living selling virtual goods. There are peeps making a living in secondlife.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I've made ~$400 since RMAH was added...jobs pay much better, but $400 is $400.  I have a group of friends, we all sit around and farm for an hour or two a day, sometimes more when we really get into it.  One of my friends has made over a grand though, he plays like 24/7 though lol.

Slippery slopes people, slippery slopes....

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Just wait until the IRS wants their share.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• The_ArgoThe_Argo Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Originally posted by Aori
    Originally posted by The_Argo

If you know what you're doing you can make more money in D3 than flipping burgers and quite honestly how is flipping burgers contributing to society? Now granted the D3 thing may or may not be constant so its never a safe way to make money but either is the stock market.

I guess you have never heard of taxes.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Amazing how quick people are to try to bash you and chest-beat their superiority over you.

The guy says he plays D3 1 session a day, for 20 minutes, WHICH HE FINDS FUN, and has the added benefit of being able to provide income. Less hating, more reading. No need to troll the guy.

Originally posted by mrcalhou

Just wait until the IRS wants their share.

I keep good track of all my financial records, no problem there.  I'm sure I'm the minority though.

Hmm does that mean I can write a new computer off as a business expense? omg thank you blizzard so much :)

Originally posted by Gravarg

Hmm does that mean I can write a new computer off as a business expense? omg thank you blizzard so much :)

If you claim the income, then yes.

Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by Gravarg

If you claim the income, then yes.

I think you will need a business first. Maybe you can get a dba or llc....

• ruonimruonim Member Posts: 251

So you work (farm) for free i see. I want to hire you. Also 120$ for 2 months is much cheaper than chinesse.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by ictown

what's so bad people making money from D3, if it pays their bills why not. People are willing to buy pretty much anything. If you know what you doing, you can make a living selling virtual goods. There are peeps making a living in secondlife.

I dont think anyone could make a living playing D3 , unless there standard of living is very low .  However it definately is nice to beable to sell an item in a game to help pay for another game .

I used to play online poker small stakes and that used to pay for a few beers etc .  Free beer is good right ?