Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can buy MoP now

NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

I'm surprised there's no thread about this already, but you can actually buy MoP now, from your battle.net account. I *could* list prices and contents for the two editions, but I'm not sure if that breaks any rules (advertising). Just head over to battle.net and see for yourself.

Note that the release date is September 25 - buying it now won't change that ;)

Comments

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Why would anyone buy a panda expansion?

Edit: This makes me even sadder that SWG is gone. It was so much greater than all the garbage being released these days.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

nm

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• escarretaescarreta Member Posts: 99

Nobody wants to know about WOW sorry, we already have much better mmorpgs to play...

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

blizzard said you could buy direct when they announced it  - with "prepurchase now"

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/services/digital-deluxe/

• deffbeedeffbee Member Posts: 12

i prefer the swiffer.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

My hope is that MoP is everything fans hope it will be, but this thread reminded me to cancel my subscription.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by escarreta

Nobody wants to know about WOW sorry, we already have much better mmorpgs to play...

Well, you both read my post and replied, which tells quite a different story...

It's just a piece of info, guys, but this is mmorpg.com, so all this negativity is no surprise at all.

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365
    Originally posted by Netspook

Well, you both read my post and replied, which tells quite a different story...

It's just a piece of info, guys, but this is mmorpg.com, so all this negativity is no surprise at all.

Unless tis about GW2, of course.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

The Op has a right to speak about Wow in a forum dedicated for the Wow players. I love you guys sometimes, but you can be sad.

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520

I know right, it only has 10+ million people playing, which is almost 70% of the entire sub MMO genre. 

No one cares though right? Everyone cares about the other MMO's, that each have less than a million players each!

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

No.

• schrayschray Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Valua

I know right, it only has 10+ million people playing, which is almost 70% of the entire sub MMO genre. 

No one cares though right? Everyone cares about the other MMO's, that each have less than a million players each!

No.

The 10+ milion players is long gone... I think it's about 5 milion now.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by jeremyjodes

The Op has a right to speak about Wow in a forum dedicated for the Wow players. I love you guys sometimes, but you can be sad.

I don't understand why so many people post to hate on a game (WoW being the most popular to hate) and they even go out of their way to post on how much they hate the game :D It's even funnier when those same people have spent over 1-5k hours playing WoW loooool.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Originally posted by jeremyjodes

I don't understand why so many people post to hate on a game (WoW being the most popular to hate) and they even go out of their way to post on how much they hate the game :D It's even funnier when those same people have spent over 1-5k hours playing WoW loooool.

Their trying to be "cool" and "fit in"

Originally posted by schray
    Originally posted by Valua

No.

The 10+ milion players is long gone... I think it's about 5 milion now.

No, it's still 10+ million. Fact.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

lol

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Haters gonna hate...

I've had to type that this year so much, it's so sad lol.  It doesn't matter how many subs WoW has...I'll bet it has more than any other MMO, and well that has to say something (good or bad, it's something).  I don't know how you'd think having the most subs in a genre is a bad thing, but I'm sure the geniuses here can think of something :)

Edit: I think people have mixed opinion with fact.  Whether you like a game or not is an opinion, not a fact.

Edit2: back on topic, i already got mine ordered :)  I'm a sucker for pokemon.  And Blizzard isn't even hiding the fact that they ripped it off.  the quests you have to do are hilarious and pay homage to pokemon lol.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Gravarg

Haters gonna hate...

I've had to type that this year so much, it's so sad lol.  It doesn't matter how many subs WoW has...I'll bet it has more than any other MMO, and well that has to say something (good or bad, it's something).  I don't know how you'd think having the most subs in a genre is a bad thing, but I'm sure the geniuses here can think of something :)

Edit: I think people have mixed opinion with fact.  Whether you like a game or not is an opinion, not a fact.

Doesn't take a genius to explain. If I don't care for WoW and it is the game that has set some standards due to its high populartiy and has spawned all these bastard offspring trying to follow in the same footprint and cash in on those sub numbers, then it is a bad thing that it is still one of the most payed games because other gaming developers will continue to try and copy rather than creat their own unique experience. Not hard to understand. I don't blindly hate the game or its fanbase just to hate, I have more than enough reasons to hate it on my own. I do agree that it is sad that people feel the need to post hate messages for no reason.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by FlawSGI
    Originally posted by Gravarg

Haters gonna hate...

Doesn't take a genius to explain. If I don't care for WoW and it is the game that has set some standards due to its high populartiy and has spawned all these bastard offspring trying to follow in the same footprint and cash in on those sub numbers, then it is a bad thing that it is still one of the most payed games because other gaming developers will continue to try and copy rather than creat their own unique experience. Not hard to understand. I don't blindly hate the game or its fanbase just to hate, I have more than enough reasons to hate it on my own. I do agree that it is sad that people feel the need to post hate messages for no reason.

+1

Although we disagree about the game, I wholeheartedly agree with you.  I have to say it's not Blizzard's fault that other's try to copy them, that's more the other developer's fault.  There are things I don't like about the game (primarily pvp, I want more open world pvp), but until something better (imho) comes along I'll probably just stick with WoW.

• Requiem6Requiem6 Member Posts: 237
    Originally posted by denshing

Why would anyone buy a panda expansion?

Edit: This makes me even sadder that SWG is gone. It was so much greater than all the garbage being released these days.

Why would you post on the WOW section if you don't care ? Except for trolling about something you are completely clueless ?

You just make yourself look bad :/

MoP is really promising and might be the best expension up to date.

WoW is still the most popular MMO so far and no one even got near their numbers.

Go hate someone else of fanboy your own game on your own subforum.

• dorugudorugu Member UncommonPosts: 184

im not in a hurry so im gonna wait till im 85 w all my chars 1st :)

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263

/quit

I've bought a copy, my brother, brother in law and nephew have also bought copies, and nearly all the people I know in real life and in game who play WoW have either pre-purchased it or are going to nearer the time.

It's selling more then any other game right now, so it's doing well (yes, including GW2.)

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Is there a standard free month if you buy MOP?

I heard there wont be not sure if its true or not?

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

The only way that I'm every going to buy MoP is if I get lucky and sell a couple more Diablo 3 stuff in the real money auction house and have the money in my Battlenet balance.  I'm currently sporting a cool $5.55 so far.  Since I only play D3 about once per week, it's not likely to happen any time soon.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by xmenty

Is there a standard free month if you buy MOP?

I heard there wont be not sure if its true or not?

Highly doubtful.  I've never known an expansion pack to include a free month of gametime.