Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did BWE 3 make you reconsider your class?

2»

Comments

• ruonimruonim Member Posts: 251

You should check each class. Like i did. Never considered necro as main but testing all classes fallen in live with him :D

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    I still don't know what class I'm going to have as my main. Every class I would play I liked.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Before playing GW2 at all I was thinking I'd be set on mesmer. Asura was always going to be my choice as a race, they're just better for WvsWvsW pvp, you have a better advantage with smaller characters.

After all 3 bwe's having played mesmer, ranger, thief, warrior the most in all 3. I feel the warrior and thief are the strongest classes in pvp 1vs1 so those 2 are my choices. In 1vs1 fights I never lost to anyone in pvp with the warrior, and lost very few times with the thief. I usually never have an alt but with this game I'll have thief and warrior as my 2 main and no other alts. So, all 3 bwe's effected my choice for release.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

For my PvE char the answer is:

Class = No.

Race however: Jury is still out...

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

@op ;     I dont know if anyone else mentioned it, but you dont have to give up on elemental. You can hit the button twice and it will put your aoe on your current target. So you never need to use the mouse to place it if you dont want to.

But on topic, yeah, no mesmer.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

Ranger....until....I played a warrior with great sword. And warriors can use bows....awesome.....

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by spookytooth

@op ;     I dont know if anyone else mentioned it, but you dont have to give up on elemental. You can hit the button twice and it will put your aoe on your current target. So you never need to use the mouse to place it if you dont want to.

But on topic, yeah, no mesmer.

I actually didn't know that. Still going with the ranger, but when i roll an alt i will try it using that technique.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• Von_DaussVon_Dauss Member UncommonPosts: 5

Damned BWE#3, too many fun classes now <.<

Necro's cool and looked powerful.

Thief's fancy and slippery, though it feels flimsy.

Warrior's pretty fun and is versatile.

Mesmer's great fun, but make a couple mistakes and you're out

Ranger's awesome with the swords.

Guardian's pretty cool and the 2H hammer launch is ROFL

Can't...

choose...

Damn it

And don't get me started about races <.<

• angrymimeangrymime Member Posts: 154

Started first BWE with necro and loved it.  What do you mean I can go into smoky form and be invincible?

Tried mesmer but got lost trying to figure a playstyle.

Tried thief but didn't click.

Went to Ranger with longbow/greatsword and I was in heaven.  Was sure I found my class.  Snipe from distance, have swappable pets to tank, then fly through the air with greatsword to finish.

BWE3 all chars wiped so tried a mesmer again.  Loved the complexity at this point but found damage too lackluster.

Went to elementalist and loved all the options once I had my keybindings optimized.  Staff for WvW.  Scepter/dagger for sPvP and PvE! Will be going elementalist for launch!

• MrlogicMrlogic Member Posts: 178

After BWE2 I was sure I was going to make a guardian as main but during BWE3 I decided to try as many classes as I could, granted I didnt get very far with so many new chars but I realized that every class got it's own charm and I din't find anyone dull or boring. So now I am a bit more open minded and not quite sure what to roll, I'm still leaning towards a guardian, but who knows come launch :)

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

Yes.

Mesmer was going to be my main and now Im not even going to touch it.

Not entirely decided between Guardian and Ranger yet for main.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

BW3 secured mesmer as my starting main.  Went into it thinking thief, but the sylvari zone was incredibly laggy and kinda ruined my experience with that profession.  I'll revist theif eventually, just not as a plant person.