Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Farewell to Arms

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

It is with sadness that today marks the final installment (at least for now!) of Paul Crilley's Chronicles of One Telaran. We bid a fond farewell to Caedryn the Dwarf in a terrific final article. Be sure to read it and bid your own tearful goodbyes in the comments! Godspeed, Caedryn (and Paul!).

No, Caedryn is not dead. Or dying. Although he did. Die that is. Repeatedly. I think about nine times. A record for me. But more on that just now. No, I have posted those lyrics because I'm sad to say that after 45 articles, this is the last Chronicles of One Telaran. At least for the foreseeable future. The articles might be back at some point in the months to come, but don't hold me to that. I'll be sad to leave these weekly missives behind, but I'm afraid there's nothing to be done about it.

Read more of Paul Crilley's Chronicles of One Telaran: Farewell to Arms.

It's getting a bit hot in this armor.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ProGeeProGee Member UncommonPosts: 17

Thanks Paul for the articles, being a Rift player myself I've very much enjoyed your articles and their curious way of looking at Telara :)

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

I am sad to see this missive going away. I look forward to your humor and excapades each column. There needs to be more of these types of columns so that people can relate to these games easier.

Thank you for showing that Rift is fun.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Sorry to see these articles go for now (hopefully they come back). You made Telara a little more fun through them. Thank you.

Smile

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Really enjoyed your articles, sad to see you say farewell, one of the best writers on the site imho.

All the best in the future.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Guess the contract is up, too bad these were great columns.  Hopefully Trion reconsiders and brings you back for another 45 columns.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

Take care Paul, your entertaining and well-written articles will be missed!  Best of luck with your future endeavors.

• TraxxisTraxxis Member Posts: 6

Lol always has to be a troll in the mix. Rebel....sigh, read some of your posts, your a Rift hater. We get it. We don't care. We really don't care. Will miss these as they gave non-players a peek into the game. Take care man.

i7 [email protected] Intel Extreme/Z77 8GB Corsair Vengeance Radeon 7970 3GB Black Edition

• JudgeThaneJudgeThane Member UncommonPosts: 63

Goodbye fair Caedryn, we hardly knew ye. Please come back soon.

As a side note I think columns like these would do better right when a game drops rather then way after as there will be tons more interest. Either way I did like these columns very much.

• WarmachinezWarmachinez Member Posts: 11

I never played Rift, but I loved reading about it. IT was a great read aevery week. Thank you!

I wish there were more articles like this.

• cybrinsanitycybrinsanity Member Posts: 106

sad this is the end... but hopefully when the exp comes out you'll be back! :)

• nwbassonnwbasson Member Posts: 5

Nooooo  Paul don't go :'(

Thanks for the columns man, I always enjoyed them, they were pretty much the reason why I kept coming to the site on a weekly basis. Cheers, perhaps one day I'll even meet Caedryn on his adventures in Telara.

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

Sad to see you go as "Chronicles of One Telaran" are one of the major diversity forces in this site, being the other "One Jump Home". Websites like this one needs columns like the one you wrote because thats what makes them unique.

If one thinks that things like "5 whatever things" and "countdown to blah blah blah" or "the list of endless things ppl dont care about" amuses veteran players, that person is deadly wrong.

Everyone knows by now that reviews are not to be trusted, interviews are interesting to read but in the end we only care if the game is good or not, community threads are ok but i really dont care about an opinion of a 14 year old WoW player and what he has to say about GW2, and in the end i get some fun out of some great columns in this site, some wicked ones like "Devils advocate" makes me laugh like a little girl, some nice random posts we see once in a while, some decent and mature users, some nice gaming industry pieces by  the staff at mmorpg.com...

...well what im trying to say is you will be missed and mmorpg.com just lost 15% of its glimmer.

Good luck for the future.

• paulcrillpaulcrill Member Posts: 1

Hi everyone

Just wanted to say thanks for the kinds words about the column. It might be back when the expansion comes out, but don't hold me to that. I'm just a freelancer so have no say in this kind of thing.

Thanks for reading.

Best

Paul